2021 Miami Pro Day

I mean if you want to continue to believe that Rousseau goes before Phillips, then so be it. Talk to me in about month.

I'm not concerned about what happens in a month.

I'm concerned with ghoulish jag-offs doing some sort of premature victory dance because their egos and "being right" are more important than having a UM alum go higher in the draft.

Advertisement
Where’s all the dip****s that tried to tell me Rousseau would get drafted before Phillips. Phillips is easily the more developed edge rusher.

I think many felt that way before the year started and as the year unfolded, I think more folks jumped on the JP train. I think sitting out the year with minimal film hurt GR15 but it especially hurt him after today. Don’t get me wrong, he still did fine today but I think folks were expecting more. I think he’ll still be a really good pro.

Willie McGinnest used a Za'Darius Smith comp based on Rousseau's versatility. Not sure I agree, much different bodies but I can see Rousseau getting moved around the formation and winning with hand use.

Za'Darius Smith- 6'4.5, 274, 32 5/8 inch arms, 10-inch hands, 4.83 forty, 4.66 shuttle, 7.42 3-cone, 29 inch vert, 9'5 broad jump
Greg Rousseau- 6'6.5, 266, 34 3/4 arms, 11-inch hands, 4.69 forty, 4.45 shuttle, 7.50 shuttle, 30 inch vert, 9'7 broad jump

You're looking at what the kid ran in H.S before 3 years of a S&C program at OSU. He would be a low 4.6 High 4.5 guy if he had ran.
Sorry maybe you're right but I could have swore it was a time from when he was at OSU.

Advertisement
Willie McGinnest used a Za'Darius Smith comp based on Rousseau's versatility. Not sure I agree, much different bodies but I can see Rousseau getting moved around the formation and winning with hand use.

Za'Darius Smith- 6'4.5, 274, 32 5/8 inch arms, 10-inch hands, 4.83 forty, 4.66 shuttle, 7.42 3-cone, 29 inch vert, 9'5 broad jump
Greg Rousseau- 6'6.5, 266, 34 3/4 arms, 11-inch hands, 4.69 forty, 4.45 shuttle, 7.50 shuttle, 30 inch vert, 9'7 broad jump

Yeah, it's hard to compare GR to anyone. Not many are built like that. He has the body of a WR, but the size of a DL. It's freakish.

There's a point I just thought about with GR. We all have talked about his wingspan, and how that length helps him to the ball. However, it's his understanding of angles, and his body control that gets him in position to make plays. He's going to be a steal.

Yeah, it's hard to compare GR to anyone. Not many are built like that. He has the body of a WR, but the size of a DL. It's freakish.

There's a point I just thought about with GR. We all have talked about his wingspan, and how that length helps him to the ball. However, it's his understanding of angles, and his body control that gets him in position to make plays. He's going to be a steal.

Jpp in terms of testing is a close comparison for him too. That’s who I’ve compared him to in the past

Advertisement
No one ever said Rousseau was a “freakish” athlete, but he did have freakish measurables and that remains the case. Everyone knew phillips was an elite athlete so not sure why people are surprised by today’s results. Regardless outside of a bad. 3 cone and sub par vert, Rousseau didn’t test bad at all 6’7 266 running a 4.68 40 is **** good and he looked like a **** beast out there physically.
Again, FREAKISH, off the chart measurables...

Nice to have 4 legit players drafted this year. I expect them all gone in first 3 rounds. Hopefully this is the year that starts the new wave of big time canes in the NFL.
It’s a sign that we’re getting closer to where we need to be. It’s been a while since we’ve had a handful of legitimate nfl prospects.

In past years I’d say things like “if the Jags get Bandy in the 7th round that would be a steal.”

or “**** yeah! Shaq in the 5th!”

It feels nice for our best players to be early round prospects again, hopefully we can stack nfl draft classes like this one, that’s the stuff the kids are noticing.

Advertisement
Related/unrelated note, but my buddy who worked the pro day for ACCN said the school
knocked it out of the park. He pretty much travels for college football TV production, so sees behind the scenes and facilities everywhere. Said the indoor facility was looking great and was really impressive, school set it up really well, the credentials were the Sebastian turnover chain with names on it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back