2021 Miami Pro Day

Advertisement
blast this to every elite DE down here. We took a 3 star safety/athlete and probably made him a 1st round DE. That's development.
I love me some Canes but literally this happens almost every year there aren't 32 5 stars drafted in 1st round every year.

No one ever said Rousseau was a “freakish” athlete, but he did have freakish measurables and that remains the case. Everyone knew phillips was an elite athlete so not sure why people are surprised by today’s results. Regardless outside of a bad. 3 cone and sub par vert, Rousseau didn’t test bad at all 6’7 266 running a 4.68 40 is **** good and he looked like a **** beast out there physically.
Again, FREAKISH, off the chart measurables...

Very true, at his size I wouldnt have blinked if he ran like a 4.8.. His measureables is what set him apart. That wingspan is elite. Im not surprised he is getting nitpicked tho, thats what happens when they go thru everything with finetooth comb and you were projected top 5 pick but they find out you only started 6 games and sat out season..

A lot of people in here wanting a born and bred SFLA 3* boy to fail just because Miami is like their momma and didn’t love them enough.

be true GIF by Jay Sprogell

All these pro #s are funny
Cuz majority or all of them are bullsh*t lol.

That being said..them big 10 de's are some sh*t....The penn sate dude runs a 4.3 and played in 20 games has 7 sacks and cause 2 turnovers. Michigan defensive players do sh*t in the league. Im biased but sh*t our 2 edge guys are significantly better in pads

Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean, as I pointed out in previous Rousseau discourse, his "fluidity" is overstated...as seen in the testing numbers. 7.5 is bad bad. DeForest Buckner ran a 7.51 at 290lbs and its 13th percentile per mockdraftable. He's also not as explosive - per the testing numbers - as you and others have presented.

DeForest Buckner had a 32 inch vertical at 290lbs - 38th percentile, Buckner also Broad Jumped 908 (in comparison to the 907 Rousseau jumped) 60th percentile. Not the freak that was promised and after a year off...thats...disappointing.

Rousseau's testing today kind of reinforced my belief that he's being miscast as an EDGE guy.
Do you have anything about how Deforest Buckner was on at least 3 ol's highlight tape his year coming out in the draft?.

He's an Edge guy...sheesh. Kid is 6'7 265 and running sub 4.8. He has a MOTOR...and the length is legit...add to it is a Blank canvas for coaching...and actually may have playing off the ball dropping into the flats ability.

Dont think he disappointed or moved up...think he stayed pat and showed what he is...Not sure what you were expecting though....i dont think anyone here was expecting sub 4.6 40's or anything crazy with him...His "freakiness" is the fact that he is a 6'7 kid that actually inst stiff and has a crazy wingspan.

CHANDLER JONES comp my man.

Willie McGinnest used a Za'Darius Smith comp based on Rousseau's versatility. Not sure I agree, much different bodies but I can see Rousseau getting moved around the formation and winning with hand use.

Za'Darius Smith- 6'4.5, 274, 32 5/8 inch arms, 10-inch hands, 4.83 forty, 4.66 shuttle, 7.42 3-cone, 29 inch vert, 9'5 broad jump
Greg Rousseau- 6'6.5, 266, 34 3/4 arms, 11-inch hands, 4.69 forty, 4.45 shuttle, 7.50 shuttle, 30 inch vert, 9'7 broad jump

LOL at any team that passes this guy up. He's going to eat.

Advertisement
I really hope Phillips and Rousseau both go first round , it’s really going to help with recruiting, because I don’t think we got any first round talent coming out for 2022 draft.

I really hope Phillips and Rousseau both go first round , it’s really going to help with recruiting, because I don’t think we got any first round talent coming out for 2022 draft.
Some people think Zion has a chance and I wouldn't rule out Bubba or Tyrique.

Advertisement

You would have said the same thing about Phillips last year and Rousseau the year before.

Too early to tell yet.

Montez Sweat DE from Miss St ran 4.41 at the combine at 6'6" 260 a few years back
I posted his combine clip a few months back. With such limited film he would’ve had to put up that type of performance to go top 10.
Sweat went 26th and was all sec for like 3 straight years.
Idk why people are giving some posters grief for saying GR might not go too 15 or maybe even slip out of the first.

Cuz majority or all of them are bullsh*t lol.

That being said..them big 10 de's are some sh*t....The penn sate dude runs a 4.3 and played in 20 games has 7 sacks and cause 2 turnovers. Michigan defensive players do sh*t in the league. Im biased but sh*t our 2 edge guys are significantly better in pads
Significant is an understatement!!!

Advertisement
Back