2021 CB Ja'Den McBurrows receives offer

Advertisement
Am I the only 1 who doesn’t care when we get quality CBs to commit, as long as we get them?

Rumph definitely hasn’t been great on the trail, especially quantity wise, but IF we end up with a couple of quality CBs in this class, does it matter when or how we get them?
The way we’re recruiting is dangerous. There will be a year when we’re not lucky at the last minute.

Am I the only 1 who doesn’t care when we get quality CBs to commit, as long as we get them?

Rumph definitely hasn’t been great on the trail, especially quantity wise, but IF we end up with a couple of quality CBs in this class, does it matter when or how we get them?
I mean if we get them we get them. At the end of the day whoever signs on ESD and NSD and whoever we get from the portal is who we field in the stadium and who the coaches are working with.

Advertisement

While I agree it’s the result that matters, I (and seemingly many more here) would prefer to not have to “win the game in the 4th” every single year. How have you felt the last few weeks of our team’s performance (VT, NCSTATE, Pitt, etc.)? I for one would prefer we dominate games out of the gate and get our younger guys some game ending experience. Same goes with recruiting CB. Why do we get the stiff arm during the entire cycle while the elite targets go elsewhere and we have to pick up the scraps from a team that underperforms and loses interest of CB targets? While we still get the guy, it’s not always our top choice and sometimes we do not evaluate as well since we do not have much of a choice (or dude bolts like homeboy from AL that walked on us this year since he wasn’t getting playing time). I just want us to build the relationships with the kids from the beginning and get who we intended to. If we pick this kid up this cycle, great, we need the bodies. But it would be better to get who we originally want to in the future, and I am game for whatever it takes to get that.

According to the title of an article in TOS the whole defensive staff is now trying to flip McBurrows. Feels desperate and pretty sad that the staff has to do this to even get a CB recruit for this class.

Harbuagh is headed back to the NFL and might get to skate out of town without getting his ask kicked by OSU next weekend cause of Covid. How can this kid stay committed with the station they got up there?

Yeah it does. It satisfies us for the time being but there no rhyme or reason to our recruiting. No philosophy. We do like a certain body type but then we ask that body type to play a style they shouldn’t be playing. We need something of substance to latch onto. Not just hail Mary’s. We’ve been Hail Mary recruiting corners for a while now

Advertisement
I’ve been running a company for many years and can tell you that any high priority client should know not only the sales rep but also the account manager, the manager and the owner or ceo if possible so I don’t think it’s sad that all the defensive coaches are talking to him. I think it’s sad that all the defensive coaches are not talking to all the high priority kids.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Haven’t watched his Sr tape but the Jr film is impressive. He is a pure cover guy, something we desperately need. He can definitely help. Good feet, good twitch and ball skills. He shouldve been a priority since day 1, not weeks before he signs smh.

If Rumph signs a guy like McBurrows and then signs a portal CB with some talent, the CB room suddenly looks respectable. How do you fire anyone if we’re 8-1 or 9-1 and they’ve upgraded their depth and talent? We can’t really have it both ways. Same goes for Baker and Patke whom I feel deserve to be replaced even more than Rumph.

Advertisement
Just finish the class with jake garcia, austin barber, jaden mcburrows, and marvin Covington perfect way to end the class by addressing every need on the team and also getting good player

If Rumph signs a guy like McBurrows and then signs a portal CB with some talent, the CB room suddenly looks respectable. How do you fire anyone if we’re 8-1 or 9-1 and they’ve upgraded their depth and talent? We can’t really have it both ways. Same goes for Baker and Patke whom I feel deserve to be replaced even more than Rumph.
Rumph is that you?

Advertisement
Back