2021 ATH Yulkeith Brown a priority for Lashlee, shines at Battle event

I'm gonna take a hot take and say this feels alot like the Knighton recruitment to me and I really hope it plays out that way and he stays home! Were gonna be deadly in a couple years if we can keep stacking the roster! This offence is gonna open up the run an when that happens pass opens up an we need killers in space Jeff Thomas was the only guy that could like it up an he was 5'8 170 in a horrible offence! We need to recruit more speed someone made a great point about how the staff loves 6 foot plus guys that are slower an over look the 5'10 speedsters. Give me Tutu Atwell over Cager anyday!

Advertisement
So you know for a fact that THEY didn’t get paid by Nebraska. Not that Nebraska isn’t paying players.
No dad is gonna risk his own son’s eligibility by telling someone he got paid.
Obviously Any parent that took a bag is gonna say how good the relationship ship was. I mean what else are they supposed to say. Fisher and the school are selling his success at ucf and the dudes he got in the draft. It’s in his bio about how awesome he is.
So everyone is assuming It’s his Previous career in the league and success at ucf that is getting these kids to go up there.
However, if you think that that his bio and his job at ucf is all it’s gonna take to send a bunch of Florida kids to Nebraska then go ahead and believe in that Santa Claus.
What happened is that Nebraska fans were ****ed and they were losing in state recruits and even legacies were going to Iowa and other states. That defense was horrific the last 2 years hence the rush to get defensive guys. Frost went there and and after his shty seasons he told the boosters where the sec schools and every school butters their bread and how they pay to do it. If you think with all the schools that come down here and all the sht that they pull that some dude is gonna come down here and use a mouthpiece to get 25 percent of his class full of Florida recruits then ho ho ho!
Dude went 4-8 then 5-7 with the same staff.
You ain’t sweet talking anybody with that.

It’s not just the bags. Now, of course they have a ton to do with it. But as we’ve been talking about today with Banda and Rumph, it’s the ability to create relationships as well. The last thing on the planet I care about is clout on an anonymous, meaningless message board. So choose not to believe me, or don’t give this post a 2nd thought ever again, I don’t care. But I spoke in depth with someone directly involved in a recruit who signed with Nebraska recently (not Francois). I was told mom was well taken care of, obviously. And that was the main driver. But this person spoke at length about the relationship that Fisher was able to develop with the mom, kid, and his brother that no one else was able to do. Basically, he was explaining to me that you have to recruit people around the athlete in a lot of cases. I’ll just say Miami picked the wrong people. Fisher got to know him well, and got the right people on board that he needed to in order to convince the kid. He plays chess, in a sense. So sure, with no bags, of course the kid isn’t in Lincolnbumble****. But you can’t just throw a bag at a lot of these kids, because everyone else is too. You still have to recruit. And Fisher is excellent in that regard. He’s the anti-Rumph, who probably can’t even form a bond with his puppy. And it’s one of the reasons Nebraska is recruiting better than their on-field performance would suggest they should.
That's a nice story, but it's easy to "build relationships" with thirsty pimp mommas when you're strolling along with a bountiful satchel. Give Banda a deep satchel, and all of a sudden he's a major relationship builder.

Banda's got the personality; he just doesn't have the grease. Look at the old rich dude who snags the 20 year old model. He's not doing it because his personality or game is better than the poor old dude who is climbing on top of his rickety old wife once every two years. He's bagging the model because his bag is full.

That's a nice story, but it's easy to "build relationships" with thirsty pimp mommas when you're strolling along with a bountiful satchel. Give Banda a deep satchel, and all of a sudden he's a major relationship builder.

Banda's got the personality; he just doesn't have the grease. Look at the old rich dude who snags the 20 year old model. He's not doing it because his personality or game is better than the poor old dude who is climbing on top of his rickety old wife once every two years. He's bagging the model because his bag is full.

No doubt about it. I basically said the same thing in my post. You're not wrong in the least bit. But all I'm saying is when everything else is equal, when my satchel weighs the same as your satchel, something else has to tip the scales. I was told that momma's bank account is what tipped them, but also there were other opportunities that would have allowed her to escape town just as easily, but the way Fisher went about his business is what won the kid over.

But we both know, obviously, if Miami was dropping Alabama bags then Rumph would be a **** of a better recruiter. But he still sucks as having a hint of a personality.

Advertisement
These bags get dropped off with instructions.
And instruction No. 1 is don't ever ******* talk about the bag.

This Miami to Nebraska thing is going to really take some getting used to.

There’s a bagman on Twitter talking up Nebraska. Brother basically tried to sell me on Nebraska over Miami. **** is comical. But kids are listening.

Advertisement

Agreed. I believe they’ve (Banda & Rumph) shot themselves in the foot too due to their inability to evaluate & develop on an elite level. Every bad *** heading off to play CFB isn’t getting a bag. I mean even UVA has developed Top 2-3 round picks over the last few years.

Remember how we used to get in Randy’s *** about his defense and perceived lack of development? The ***** that passes off as ok today is ridiculous. We still haven’t made a single 4-star, in our back seven, a top 2 round pick?

We got bag hurdles and development issues.

It’s not just the bags. Now, of course they have a ton to do with it. But as we’ve been talking about today with Banda and Rumph, it’s the ability to create relationships as well. The last thing on the planet I care about is clout on an anonymous, meaningless message board. So choose not to believe me, or don’t give this post a 2nd thought ever again, I don’t care. But I spoke in depth with someone directly involved in a recruit who signed with Nebraska recently (not Francois). I was told mom was well taken care of, obviously. And that was the main driver. But this person spoke at length about the relationship that Fisher was able to develop with the mom, kid, and his brother that no one else was able to do. Basically, he was explaining to me that you have to recruit people around the athlete in a lot of cases. I’ll just say Miami picked the wrong people. Fisher got to know him well, and got the right people on board that he needed to in order to convince the kid. He plays chess, in a sense. So sure, with no bags, of course the kid isn’t in Lincolnbumble****. But you can’t just throw a bag at a lot of these kids, because everyone else is too. You still have to recruit. And Fisher is excellent in that regard. He’s the anti-Rumph, who probably can’t even form a bond with his puppy. And it’s one of the reasons Nebraska is recruiting better than their on-field performance would suggest they should.

I also believe b/c of Scott Frost’s player pedigree at his alma mater, and his coaching pedigree at UCF, he’s selling what he’s building, and has proof as he built UCF.

Back in 2014, one of my little homies chose SC. We discussed him on this board, and he had legit interest in us b/c of me and his favorite player is/was Ray Lewis.

We offered him before SC, yet we put in no effort to recruit him after Carroll visited him at his home. He literally said he would get a message “here & there” from us, while Utah hit him all the time just checking on him, checking on his mom, dad, even his cousin who is my best friend.

He goes to SC one time on an unofficial 6 months after we offer, and Tee Martin stayed on him daily, and his family daily. They came late, but made him a priority. We stopped all communication, then tried to pick up later, but he was already turned off. WASU even made a push, and Tee made sure he knew he was their ILB priority. Unfortunately he hurt himself his sophomore yr, and was never the same, but the point still stands about the recruiting or lack thereof.

Its not always bags; bags have always been around. Remember when Diaz told kids at Paradise that you either come to Miami or get your @&$ kicked by us? And then we proceeded to get clowned on the season.

We need to stop the shenanigans, and get to work. Build the trust, confidence, a relationship, and continue to build upon that relationship, while takIng a professional approach to things.

Money always has a very loud and commanding voice.

Agreed. Which means we need to evaluate, assess, recruit, and develop better. Butch found a way to develop elite talent despite missing 50 11 scholarships. All I’m asking is that we develop on par with what we’re accustomed to - even though we can’t bag everyone we want. Eventually we’ll attract more elite talent if we can produce on that end.

Can’t have mediocre development AND ****** bags. That’s bad business on the trail.

I also believe b/c of Scott Frost’s player pedigree at his alma mater, and his coaching pedigree at UCF, he’s selling what he’s building, and has proof as he built UCF.

Back in 2014, one of my little homies chose SC. We discussed him on this board, and he had legit interest in us b/c of me and his favorite player is/was Ray Lewis.

We offered him before SC, yet we put in no effort to recruit him after Carroll visited him at his home. He literally said he would get a message “here & there” from us, while Utah hit him all the time just checking on him, checking on his mom, dad, even his cousin who is my best friend.

He goes to SC one time on an unofficial 6 months after we offer, and Tee Martin stayed on him daily, and his family daily. They came late, but made him a priority. We stopped all communication, then tried to pick up later, but he was already turned off. WASU even made a push, and Tee made sure he knew he was their ILB priority. Unfortunately he hurt himself his sophomore yr, and was never the same, but the point still stands about the recruiting or lack thereof.

Its not always bags; bags have always been around. Remember when Diaz told kids at Paradise that you either come to Miami or get your @&$ kicked by us? And then we proceeded to get clowned on the season.

We need to stop the shenanigans, and get to work. Build the trust, confidence, a relationship, and continue to build upon that relationship, while takIng a professional approach to things.
UCF is a distant memory and a totally different animal. One big year in the AAC when your talent is superior to the rest of the AAC is different than trying to win at Nebraska where the talent is nowhere near the top 4 Big 10 clubs.

It's not always bags. You're right. But when Nebraska is suddenly a big player for top S. FL talent it's bags. S. FL don't play that ****. These dudes ain't going to bumfck Nebraska because Travis Fisher has a silver tongue when they have options elsewhere that aren't in the middle of a frozen corn field.

It's like when Old **** was suddenly on every 5 star's radar. If it seems out of whack it usually is.

Advertisement
Agreed. Which means we need to evaluate, assess, recruit, and develop better. Butch found a way to develop elite talent despite missing 50 11 scholarships. All I’m asking is that we develop on par with what we’re accustomed to - even though we can’t bag everyone we want. Eventually we’ll attract more elite talent if we can produce on that end.

Can’t have mediocre development AND ****** bags. That’s bad business on the trail.
I'm not a big "development" guy. I'm more of an evaluation guy. We have sucked at evaluating and deploying our talent. I'm not so sure that anyone has any magic development pixie dust. Most of the successful guys are just signing better players and deploying them in better systems.

Everyone loves a winner. A lot of our guys were over-drafted when we were winning big because we were such a winning program. Some of our guys seemed better than they were because the team was winning so much.

Advertisement

If Banda had bags he’d be one of the best recruiters in the country I firmly believe.

Advertisement
Back