2021 ATH Brashard Smith receives offer

Advertisement
As of now I’d say Taylor and Brashard. C Smith I haven’t asked about. I was under the impression the staff wasn’t big on collier ( not positive ) and Marshall was a no go. But that one was awhile ago, bama or uf was the talk then.

Tbh Taylor is the one I check on , he’s the one I wanted the most. I like Brashard a lot too.
Im good with Taylor and Smith. The rest could ride✌✌✌. I know Collier and Marshall have all the measurables but for awhile Ive been hearing Edwards is the best DB there. Idk if its true but thats been the consistent drumbeat.

Last edited:
He has slow feet & is stiff with his lateral movement & change of direction, his top end speed is subpar, but has very good ball skills. He's a big slow Safety, but he's overrated as far as his rankings is concerned IMO. His upside is based on his physical frame that he'll be a legit 6'2 200+ lbs once in a college S&C program.

I wouldn't want us to take him, if we're taking 2 Safeties I'd rather get Jardin Gilbert, Daymon David or take a Hail Mary attempt at Terrion Arnold.
Ya know I’ve actually really warmed up to Derrick as a 2nd safety if we really wanted one. Tested well for a safety and is probably bigger now than he was a year ago.

Ya know I’ve actually really warmed up to Derrick as a 2nd safety if we really wanted one. Tested well for a safety and is probably bigger now than he was a year ago.
I actually think DIII is good enough to play CB in college, he's the most technically sound cover man in Palmettos secondary.

But if we're taking a 2nd Safety to me you gotta get a rangy high upside prospect to pair up with Kam, I'd push for Gilbert, David or Arnold, they may all be long shots but the Banda & Reed combo is strong enough to pull one of them.

Advertisement
Speed demon, a must pickup for Diaz and Co. Adding that versatility to Lashlee’s offense would be downright deadly. Here’s hoping the positive vibes coming from the Canes brethren adds us in him selecting Miami as his next destination.

Side note: Palmetto better bring it this year. I like their coach, have met him a few times and watched them practice a few years ago. No excuse for them to not get past the first round. all that talent should have them contending for state. Don’t become Dade’s Deerfield Beach.
It's now or never. This defense is better than 1993, 1995, 2000, or 2005. Gotta get it done.

He has slow feet & is stiff with his lateral movement & change of direction, his top end speed is subpar, but has very good ball skills. He's a big slow Safety, but he's overrated as far as his rankings is concerned IMO. His upside is based on his physical frame that he'll be a legit 6'2 200+ lbs once in a college S&C program.

I wouldn't want us to take him, if we're taking 2 Safeties I'd rather get Jardin Gilbert, Daymon David or take a Hail Mary attempt at Terrion Arnold.

Not to be a prick but that seems like a guy we already got in Washington.....

Advertisement
Guy on a Miami FB group says he has it from a source that we’re sweeping Palmetto. Marshall and Collier included lol. No idea how reliable the guy is but a couple of the posters on there think pretty highly of the guy fwiw.

As an Palmetto alumn (we sucked at Football in my day) I would be ecstatic for this. I have my doubts, though.

tenor.gif

Advertisement
As long as we get Kinchens I'll be happy. We took a **** ton of safeties last class, even though we normally turn a HS safety into striker. I want to take the broom to the MNW 5, and still hoping we pull 3 out of 5 Palmetto kids. Smith and Taylor are absolute takes, but I read the staff has cooled on Savion, and Collier/Marshall are forgone conclusions.

Whenever I see athletes/football players like Brashard Smith, I say they run like a muscle car. Just runs hard and when they get fast its aggressively fast. Accelerates into green. Those are the types of players you need to play big boy football. They just get to the edge ahead of everyone, accelerate into green space tracking a football and then cutting and out running angles up a sideline. Just a little more suddenness, aggression, and intent than everyone else.

Different player, but DeeJay Dallas ran like that sometimes. Runs like he's yelling the whole time.

Advertisement
Whenever I see athletes/football players like Brashard Smith, I say they run like a muscle car. Just runs hard and when they get fast its aggressively fast. Accelerates into green. Those are the types of players you need to play big boy football. They just get to the edge ahead of everyone, accelerate into green space tracking a football and then cutting and out running angles up a sideline. Just a little more suddenness, aggression, and intent than everyone else.

Different player, but DeeJay Dallas ran like that sometimes. Runs like he's yelling the whole time.
So funny but makes all the sense.

Advertisement
Back