2020 Spring Practice Summary - 3/3

Advertisement
Keyshawn Smith is gonna be the real deal...

not surprised if him and Payton are the two top dogs by the end of the season
Maybe so, but young dawgs should always come in with a chip on their shoulder. However, if these guys blow past our upperclassmen, thats a problem....also, a couple of good days without pads means nothing in the big picture.

I’ll buy up the Zion stock. He’s tough and willing to work. I think he’s going to be a player here. There’s going to be a lot of OT getting abused by Greg and Jaelan this season. Not to mention we ain’t even in pads yet.

Now that being said, if there is an interested plug and play OT in the portal, you take him and hopefully Zion can catch a redshirt. But I’m not going to give up on him or his chances to improve. I think he will be a stud by his (hopefully) redshirt junior season.

Advertisement
Agree. Its crazy how this has turned into a 3 year issue because I don't see things getting any better next year either at OT especially LT.
When you dont throw numbers at the problem, especially at a position in the trenches where players need time to marinate in college S&C program you will have a multi year problem. Pair our low numbers with the position being a high bust rate type position and a rotation of ho hum OL coaches and you get where we are now. ******* disaster..

Last edited:
When you dont throw numbers at the problem, especially at a position in the trenches where players need time to marinate in college S&C program you will have a multi year program. Pair our low numbers with the position being a high bust rate type position and a rotation of ho hum OL coaches and you get where we are now. ******* disaster..
I hope Justice has a good chicken salad recipe.

Advertisement
I’m sure I’ll be called names and told I’m crazy, but Brevin still in a boot is very concerning to me. I HATE foot injuries. They are often more unpredictable than even knee or other joint issues. They linger. And this kid is still in a boot 4 months after he last played? He either had a very serious injury or he had some sort of setback.

I wouldn’t even mind if he was only sitting out, that’s fine. But still in a boot scares me. Color me concerned.

I’m sure I’ll be called names and told I’m crazy, but Brevin still in a boot is very concerning to me. I HATE foot injuries. They are often more unpredictable than even knee or other joint issues. They linger. And this kid is still in a boot 4 months after he last played? He either had a very serious injury or he had some sort of setback.

I wouldn’t even mind if he was only sitting out, that’s fine. But still in a boot scares me. Color me concerned.

totally agree. I have asked a few people on various boards and no one seems to know for sure.

He said he was fine and doing good health wise on Ig live a few days ago but they are holding guys out basically for spring even with slight injuries . Games aren’t played in the spring so I’m not that concerned.

Advertisement
@Stefan Adams i know it’s early, but do you see improvement in Zion and Ivey or are they still liabilities??

Didn’t really watch enough of Zion today to form an impression and we didn’t see any OL work yesterday. I’m still high on what Ivey can become and he’s been the most consistent corner through the first two days. Most everyone has gotten beat badly at some point and I haven’t seen that out of him, has had strong coverage generally

Miami always treats injuries as if it's Fort Knox, they keep everything as tip top classified secret information, they tell us it's a minor injury & then the kid sits out for like 8 months lol.

I expect Brevin back by Fall, but with this staff every injury has potential to be worse than whatever they initially say it is.

Advertisement
Miami always treats injuries as if it's Fort Knox, they keep everything as tip top classified secret information, they tell us it's a minor injury & then the kid sits out for like 8 months lol.

I expect Brevin back by Fall, but with this staff every injury has potential to be worse than whatever they initially say it is.

Agreed... Has that AR82 feeling to it

@Stefan Adams Great article...keep them coming!

My take is simple....our WRs performing like this tells me one thing....the offense is fun, our guys are playing with confidence.....and that's a recipe for success when those 2021 SoFLA WR studs show up for our practices....our WRs are torching pretty much the same DBs that they couldn't hardly make a play on last year, resulting in "Defense wins today statements over and over again"....those days are over with this new style of offense and WR recruits are going to easily see that.....

Advertisement
Back