2020 Recruiting.

Advertisement
FSU is some cheating dudes in b-ball.

They sign more top 100 players many years than UNC it seems.

Bro trust me .... this news to a lot of people close to his recruitment. Something changed all of sudden. IDK I'm try my best to figure it out. This is a huge loss. A lot of people are shocked by his decision including his former high school coach last year. If that does not tell you something then idk what will???

We still have big fish to fry just may not be the Grouper we was hoping for.

This will be the last time I mention FSU or Scottie Barnes on this thread.

I actually appreciate what Leonard Hamilton has done at FSU and it is exactly what I want Coach L to do at Miami. Leonard recruits both in-state and out of state kids well along with using all 13 of his scholarships every year. One has to wonder, what would Miami be like if he never left?

Back to 2020 Canes recruiting.

Not sure why but we haven't had a lot of success over the years recruiting the blue chip South Florida recruits. Just a few off the top of my head that we were involved in who spurned us for a blue blood or another in-state school:

Kenny Boynton (UF)
Brandon Knight (Kentucky)
Vernon Carey (Duke)
Scottie Barnes (FSU)

The only one I can remember we got was Dewan, and he was slightly outside of the blue chip category as he chose us over schools like South Carolina.

Advertisement
Not sure why but we haven't had a lot of success over the years recruiting the blue chip South Florida recruits. Just a few off the top of my head that we were involved in who spurned us for a blue blood or another in-state school:

Kenny Boynton (UF)
Vernon Carey (Duke)
Scottie Barnes (FSU)

The only one I can remember we got was Dewan, and he was slightly outside of the blue chip category as he chose us over schools like South Carolina.

South Florida is producing more blue chip talent each year so as long as Miami continues to recruit them, I am not mad. Miami just needs to start the recruiting process earlier, recruit more in-state kids and win.

Eventually, someone will commit to Miami from the South Florida area.

Advertisement

Kenny Boynton (UF)
Vernon Carey (Duke)
Scottie Barnes (FSU)

Dewan was a top 30 player in the country in his class he was definitely a blue chip.

Also, they recruited Vernon and Scottie incredibly hard, but Scottie honestly is a perfect fit for FSU.

SMH First of all you do not know the details in his recruiting. He has thrown Kentucky in the mix out of no where which no one close to him saw coming. 2nd of all i don't appreciate your slander. Act like an adult F***ck Boy I highly doubt you would approach me like this face to face in person blood. Believe that!

Coaching staff still making a push! Wait til all the details come out before you get in your feelings.
seriously NO offense intended. I was (trying to) make a joke to cover my disappointment in the cancel news. still hope u are right, sir!

update: oops just saw the (disappointing) news. But I HOPEd u were right and I WAS joking. Bring us more hope, please, we need it I think.

Last edited:
So essentially, here are the targets* and commit:

Commit:

SF/PF: Matt Cross 6'7

Targets:

PG: Andre Curbelo 6'0 [Visited Scheduled for October 4th]

SF: Earl Timberlake 6'6 [Visited on September 13th]

*Please note by "targets" I mean have come on a visit or are coming on a visit. Are there any other targets out there?

Advertisement
This will be the last time I mention FSU or Scottie Barnes on this thread.

I actually appreciate what Leonard Hamilton has done at FSU and it is exactly what I want Coach L to do at Miami. Leonard recruits both in-state and out of state kids well along with using all 13 of his scholarships every year. One has to wonder, what would Miami be like if he never left?

Back to 2020 Canes recruiting.
He recruits the continent of Africa REALLY hard. Half a dozen 7 footers being looked at every year by that staff. Also, heavy on the JuCo ranks.

Kenny Boynton (UF)
Vernon Carey (Duke)
Scottie Barnes (FSU)

3 out of the 4 you listed went to schools with MULTIPLE National Championships. Nothing surprising there.

Bro trust me .... this news to a lot of people close to his recruitment. Something changed all of sudden. IDK I'm try my best to figure it out. This is a huge loss. A lot of people are shocked by his decision including his former high school coach last year. If that does not tell you something then idk what will???

The UConn folks said the same type things about us when we signed Durand Scott. Did you ever really think Scottie was a UM lock? Reportedly, what convinced Scottie to pick FSU over Oregon was Leonard promising Scottie that he could play PG, the position he believes is where he needs to play in the NBA.

Advertisement

That is false.

So essentially, here are the targets* and commit:

Commit:

SF/PF: Matt Cross 6'7

Targets:

PG: Andre Curbelo 6'0 [Visited Scheduled for October 4th]

SF: Earl Timberlake 6'6 [Visited on September 13th]

*Please note by "targets" I mean have come on a visit or are coming on a visit. Are there any other targets out there?
That's a really slim board. Don't like putting all our eggs in two baskets. I don't think either of those guys are sure thing to Miami. We miss on either one this class turns ugly real quick and we go into scramble mode.

He recruits the continent of Africa REALLY hard. Half a dozen 7 footers being looked at every year by that staff. Also, heavy on the JuCo ranks.

Good point. That is further proof that filling out 13 scholarships every year is not that hard if you put the full effort into making it happen.

The UConn folks said the same type things about us when we signed Durand Scott. Did you ever really think Scottie was a UM lock? Reportedly, what convinced Scottie to pick FSU over Oregon was Leonard promising Scottie that he could play PG, the position he believes is where he needs to play in the NBA.

If true and I have no reason not to believe the accuracy of your statement then I would have to wonder why Coach L would not allow Scottie to handle the ball as if you watch him play, he normally facilitates the offense for every team he plays on. More of a point forward than a point guard but the offense generally runs through him.

Give Leonard Hamilton credit for sealing the deal. I guess Oregon said no also to Scottie's point guard request. It is sad because Scottie is not asking to do something he has not proven he can do. For a kid his size, he handles the ball extremely well. I would have supported his request or given him the ability to facilitate the offense.

Advertisement
Back