2020 QB Max Johnson

Focus on the film, tools, and not so much the numbers at this stage. He's big, athletic, has some arm-talent, and comes with a very strong pedigree. In the sophomore film above he's playing under center, making all the throws, and he looked bigger (twitter listing at 6'4.5" 215lbs) at the most recent Miami camp.

In the film below, entering his sophomore season, he's whipping the ball everywhere and throws 60yards. Also notice his dad (who played QB for Richt at FSU) is coaching him, which brings 16yrs NFL experience and familiarity with what Richt is looking for in QB. He will improve over the next two years and come better prepared than most because of the family ties, but with a redshirt he'll be a 6'5" 225lb QB who can play under center, from the pistol, shotgun, make plays from the pocket, run RPO, and push whoever the starter is. Get excited.

Johnson will be a top 5 QB in country his senior year. Progressed a lot from freshman to sophomore year. He did look like Pick his Fr year, but mechanics improved in one year. SEC and ACC will be all over him next year.

One of the kids he was throwing to is younger brother freshman TE, who will also be highly rated by the time he is a junior. Will be a Mallory looking TE, but maybe a little larger.

Advertisement
It’s the QB’s job to change that. Johnson was mediocre af. Let’s see if he gets A LOT better this year. I kind of hate the way it seems like we fall in love with camp warrior stuff when it comes to QB recruiting.

There’s a family connection, if I’m not mistaken.

Isn't Weldon a family connection too? I know Richt coached him, but I thought he was related by marriage like Brad Johnson.

I thought it was Johnson but maybe it’s Weldon and I’m getting them mixed up. Somebody that knows will straighten us out soon enough, hopefully. I just forgot. But there’s some in-law connection there somewhere with one or the other.

Advertisement
I thought it was Johnson but maybe it’s Weldon and I’m getting them mixed up. Somebody that knows will straighten us out soon enough, hopefully. I just forgot. But there’s some in-law connection there somewhere with one or the other.

Brad is married to his Wife sister or Mark sister and I thought Casey was married to Richts daughter or Richts sister. Brad is for sure related by marriage I thought Casey was related by marriage as well. I may be wrong. Just thought I read cade is Richt nephew on here too

If his football career doesn't work out he does have a classic **** star name.

Brad is married to his Wife sister or Mark sister and I thought Casey was married to Richts daughter or Richts sister. Brad is for sure related by marriage I thought Casey was related by marriage as well. I may be wrong. Just thought I read cade is Richt nephew on here too

My eyes crossed reading that. None of it makes sense. I no longer care.

Advertisement
Brad Johnson married CMR’s sister...so Max is his nephew.

Advertisement
I totally agree. That's the point I was making without saying it straight out. It goes without saying that it's on him to change things on the offensive side. He needs to bring his receivers closer to his level if he is as good as people think he is.

Though the other point I could make is that Jefferson has had winning records..10 win seasons...playoffs and all that...going back through the Sherriff years as well...and he wasn't div1 college QB quality...so even if Oconee wins...that's not a qualifier anyways.

If you’re a loser and barely completing 50% of your passes and throwing more picks than TDs, then I’m gonna be super skeptical of you as a QB prospect.

He’s got a TON to prove on the field. He has a chance to do just that. But, right now, all he is is a big kid with a famous dad.

If you’re a loser and barely completing 50% of your passes and throwing more picks than TDs, then I’m gonna be super skeptical of you as a QB prospect.

He’s got a TON to prove on the field. He has a chance to do just that. But, right now, all he is is a big kid with a famous dad.

Like I’ve said a few times, his junior year is crucial.

The guy that gets me excited is the freshmens from GA that has an offer. Long way to go, but already a better prospect than some juniors/rising seniors

I believe CMR is Cade's godfather. His dad is very close to CMR from years back.

CMR's sister is married to Brad Johnson. Max and Jake are his nephews.

Advertisement

He's playing the same local competition that Evan Sherriffs played against...and he and his team up to now have a far worse record.

A ton to prove indeed.

All this talk of stats, one would think someone would post them.

TD / INT and more importantly completions and attempts.

Let’s be accurate here chise he has thrown 11 TD’s and 11 INT’s. 😉

He does have a Sits type feel, but the team he is on is garbage, it’s a touch different than Sits who was on one of the best teams in the country.

For a kid with a Pro Bowl father, College coaches for an Uncle and Cousin.

He has some poor mechanics

poor is a strong word but there's a little wind-up action. His dad's wind-up was much more elongated and, despite that, it served him well.

But go-on, what aspects of his mechanics are you concerned with?

Advertisement
Back