2020 QB Max Johnson

David Greene played for st Matthews. He almost got kicked out for cheating on an examine. Turns out he didn’t but others tried to frame him for being a ***.

Advertisement
David Greene played for st Matthews. He almost got kicked out for cheating on an examine. Turns out he didn’t but others tried to frame him for being a ***.

St Matthews played terrible comp. Those boys were small slow and whiter than Wonderbread.

I think at one point David Green won more games as a starter in da SEC than anyone. Not sure if I recollect dat right but he was a very good college QB.

It was the entire NCAA with 42 wins until Colt McCoy from Texas broke it a few years later

Since hes the consensus #1 target for next year's class I thought we'd discuss him.

Already built like a college QB so he shouldn't need too much weight training when he enrolls early. Forgot he was a lefty. Has Richt ever coached a lefty before?

My question is why are his stats lacking? Bad team? No talent?

Focus on the film, tools, and not so much the numbers at this stage. He's big, athletic, has some arm-talent, and comes with a very strong pedigree. In the sophomore film above he's playing under center, making all the throws, and he looked bigger (twitter listing at 6'4.5" 215lbs) at the most recent Miami camp.

In the film below, entering his sophomore season, he's whipping the ball everywhere and throws 60yards. Also notice his dad (who played QB for Richt at FSU) is coaching him, which brings 16yrs NFL experience and familiarity with what Richt is looking for in QB. He will improve over the next two years and come better prepared than most because of the family ties, but with a redshirt he'll be a 6'5" 225lb QB who can play under center, from the pistol, shotgun, make plays from the pocket, run RPO, and push whoever the starter is. Get excited.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pickowski didn't have great production either

Production at QB in HS has to matter

Pickowski didn't have great production either

Production at QB in HS has to matter
I'll give him until after his junior year. It's just something I noticed. Looking at the other top QBs in 2020 and most have pretty good numbers.

He has all the physical tools and the advantage of being schooled by an NFL QB at home.

Absolutely needs to produce his junior season to be considered for a scholarship at the University of Miami. It’s that simple.

He doesn’t need to be all universe, but if towards the end of his junior season we’re not seeing marked improvement from his sophomore season, then we need to be loving some more on some other prospects, which we should already have on the line anyway.

Advertisement
I moved to Jefferson GA last year which is just outside of Athens. Jefferson HS is where Evan Sherriffs played.

Oconee HS plays the same competition that Jefferson plays...they open up the season this year playing each other at Oconee. So you can make the comparison that each QB faces the same level of talent.

He’s got two years.

And, if he’s playing against weak competition his own team probably isn’t very good either.

Advertisement
Toss up between the legendary Scott Mitchell and Choir boy Todd Marinovich

Boomer Esiason and Jim Zorn were lefties. Not great QBs, although both had their moments.

I noticed Johnson drops back like he’s right handed, and then does a spin to get into throwing position. Hate that. Has to be wasted motion.

For a kid with a Pro Bowl father, College coaches for an Uncle and Cousin.

He has some poor mechanics

Advertisement
You see the WR talent (lack thereof) this kid is working with?!?
Yeah pretty much Oconee HS sucks. They had a losing record last year...I think upside down by about 3 games..not sure...but definitely not a winning team at all.

Yeah pretty much Oconee HS sucks. They had a losing record last year...I think upside down by about 3 games..not sure...but definitely not a winning team at all.
It’s the QB’s job to change that. Johnson was mediocre af. Let’s see if he gets A LOT better this year. I kind of hate the way it seems like we fall in love with camp warrior stuff when it comes to QB recruiting.

It’s the QB’s job to change that. Johnson was mediocre af. Let’s see if he gets A LOT better this year. I kind of hate the way it seems like we fall in love with camp warrior stuff when it comes to QB recruiting.
I totally agree. That's the point I was making without saying it straight out. It goes without saying that it's on him to change things on the offensive side. He needs to bring his receivers closer to his level if he is as good as people think he is.

Though the other point I could make is that Jefferson has had winning records..10 win seasons...playoffs and all that...going back through the Sherriff years as well...and he wasn't div1 college QB quality...so even if Oconee wins...that's not a qualifier anyways.

Advertisement
Back