2020 Freshman 15: June Edition

Advertisement
I’m expecting Manny’s first class to end up around the 15 range in rankings. It’s the same thing I said when Richt was here, if we can consistently land top 15 class year over year we can win the coastal and have a shot at Clemson. Miami will never ever be the school who lands top 5 classes every year because of the divas in south Florida along with the NCAA always snooping around. Top 15 class puts you in contention to make the playoffs with the right coaching staff.

I think this is total BS. We absolutely can and should land a Top 5 class consistently.

Advertisement
I think this is total BS. We absolutely can and should land a Top 5 class consistently.
Yeah but with some of these offers they been throwing out lately or even prospects we are recruiting it isn’t going to happen

Advertisement
That kid is going to Stanford. He just got offered. Don't think it's even worth having him in a Top 15.

Seems likely and I can't blame him. He's clearly prioritizing academics and he has the opportunity to go to one of the top schools in the country that also happens to have one of the best OL reputations of any school in the country. Not counting on McLaughlin, but we gotta keep recruiting.

I want to see more traction with OT prospects

Seems likely and I can't blame him. He's clearly prioritizing academics and he has the opportunity to go to one of the top schools in the country that also happens to have one of the best OL reputations of any school in the country. Not counting on McLaughlin, but we gotta keep recruiting.

I want to see more traction with OT prospects
And if we get rivers that’s a pleasant surprise if you go by just as little as 3 months ago where he seemed at best as a long shot. But you are adding a big lineman at 6’6 325 right now who is much more put together than Donaldson was at this stage in their career. No Where near the amount of bad weight he had either. And if he doesn’t stay at left tackle he always can move to right tackle. And people say oh he’s a guard, so what that happens commonly now adays. Look at Ben Cleveland and cade mays both 5 star OTs recently signed by uga but now both play the guard position.

Want to see Miami make a nice run at Dumervil and especially Isaiah walker

Advertisement
Hopefully Knighton fux us sooner rather than later so we can get on our knees & beg for Holmes or Parrish. Or just flip a 2 star last second.

Could have sworn I read a few weeks ago Parrish was pushing back his commitment date in hopes we would accept it.

Yikes.

I agree that cutting off contact with Holmes and Parrish is a stupid move. However, I get the sense from Parrish that he has a lot of self awareness and realizes where he stands in recruiting overall. If you see the Top 6 he released this week it can be broken down into 2 groups. The first group is where he would like to go but doesn’t yet have a commitable offer in UM, FSPoo and Pedo State.

He’s a plan B kid for all 3 schools and it seems he moved his commitment date back to allow for the boards of those teams to play out. Once Knighton commits, he’s going to have a much clearer picture where he stands with UM and FSPoo. The 2nd group is in case the boards of the first group play out as planned and he needs to have a fallback.

Last edited:
2018 class will be as good as it get for us. And that’s more than fine, it was an elite class with quality talent. 1 5 star and about 15 4 stars

Agreed. That is best case scenario and probably a once in every five year situation unless we start winning the ACC championship.

Advertisement
I think Harell paired with Anaele is the most "ready to play now" combination we can get. Physically they will be ready as soon as they step on campus. Probably wont need to play early but they will be ready.
Agreed they can play early but ceiling would be pretty low. Personally like romello height as a guy that can probably play early and be a high potential guy as well. Neither Harrell or Anaele have much bend so their pass rush ability is pretty capped

Advertisement
Back