2020 Freshman 15: June Edition

View as article
Advertisement
Not expecting top 5 class, more along the line of a borderline top 10 (which is solid)
I don't think it's unrealistic to expect our classes to be consistently in the top 10 with a few top 5 classes mixed in if the program has the right leadership and is running on all cylinders. Will Manny Diaz be that leader? He has every opportunity to. I can understand this years class not starting out with a bang as we are coming off a 7-6 season and many recruits are no doubt in a wait and see type mindset. Having said all of that, it's hard to argue that Manny has not done everything in his power to get this ship back on course. He has had a very productive and positive off season. Now the next test is how this team looks and plays during the regular season. If this defense continues to play like they have under Diaz and Enos gets this offense to be productive we could be looking at a Hurricanes renaissance of sorts and that would attract more of the types of players we want and need.

Advertisement
Idk about top 5 every year but we should be 10-15 ever year and i think winning changes that. These kids have seen 1 10 win season in how long? Lol

Agree, stack chips.
Ohio state is going hard at knighton too

How hard? Cause last time I looked over there they had two RBs higher on the board including Milton who’s recently got some crystal balls to OSU

Advertisement
Recruiting as a whole this cycle has been a meh, manny and company need to step up the game
what the actual fvck are you talking about? It's currently a top 5 class with 9-11 four and five star guys and a few high three star guys (depending on what site you are looking at) and Manny has yet to coach a game.

My god this place is ******* unbelievable sometimes.

Last edited:
Idk about top 5 every year but we should be 10-15 ever year and i think winning changes that. These kids have seen 1 10 win season in how long? Lol
this man!! If we start to consistently win 10-11 games per year, in position to win an ACC Championship on a regular basis and start putting a few guys a year in the top 3 rounds of the NFL draft, this board will be a ghost town because people have anymore sh*t to complain about. It'll be top 10-12 every single year with a year mixed in when we can have a top 5-6 type class.

Yes certain guys will take bags, yes certain guys will front run to Bama, UGA, etc. but if we fcvking win and win when it counts, CONSISTENTLY, then watch the fvck out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
what the actual fvck are you talking about? It's currently a top 5 class with 9-11 four and five star guys and a few high three star guys (depending on what site you are looking at) and Manny has yet to coach a game.

My god this place is ******* unbelievable sometimes.

LOL compared to the top teams it aint that great

Advertisement
Love that we're leading & looking to close out on Rivers, he's a big time pull.

We need to keep mashing on the gas for Lawrence, Tenn, Ole Miss & LSU will be tough to hold off but we need to really keep Elder in his ear & do whatever's necessary to land this kid. Winning a battle for a high level OOS player like him would be huge for this staff, Rumph, Diaz & Baker should be hitting this kid up every single day.

Putting all our eggs in one basket for Knighton is just stupid, you can make him the priority for the 2nd RB in this class without completely cutting off contact with Parrish & Holmes.

I said this in the last Freshman 15, Dumervil ain't coming, idk why he was ever so high in the first place lol.

Flowe, nope, would be nice, but nope.

I like our chances with Jon Denis, we just need to keep applying pressure to keep him from FSU, but otherwise I think he's ours. Walker lol... Roberts will be a battle with UF, Columbus kids for whatever reason are enamored with UF smh.

Tae Williams not coming. Said in the last Frosh 15 I wouldn't bet the house on landing a Pouncey & I still wouldn't lol. I think we're making a mistake not going after Jerrold Pough harder as opposed to Kendall Dennis.

At WR, I honestly don't care who we get as long as we keep Fleming & Robinson. I like the South Cack kid Jalen Coit we just offered, he's coming to Paradise I'd like to see us turn up the heat on him as the season progresses. I also wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Ja'vontae Williams from Glades Central, we can always use more kids from The Muck on this squad.
good stuff from you as usual.

“I’m told that they’ve basically shut off contact with Plan B guys Caziah Holmes and Henry Parrish. So the Canes are risking it all on Knighton”

View attachment 86694
Don’t really need anyone else. Having Chaney locked in, Martin RSn, and the stable here now... Franklin next season with a chance to get another beast next season, it only makes sense to go after Knighton only.

Advertisement
Back