2020 Freshman 15: June Edition

View as article
Yeah we're definitely taking 4 WR's this class, it's just a matter of them landing the right one.
The staff doesnt want Mookie because they dont want 3 slots. I think its a mistake but I get it. I think Fleming is better than Mookie although I think Mookie is better than Restrepo.
If we are looking at just outside receivers give me Xzavier Henderson, Jalin Hyatt, Rosemy, or Redding as plan A but keep tabs on guys like Poitier, Rome Odunze, Arian Smith, Gary Bryant Jr. Also keep tabs on UF commits Manuel and Fraziaers. If their season goes bad they will not stick there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Unbelievable that we arent in the slightest interested in this kid. I cannot wrap my head around it
His film is so so but I heard he is moving better now. He is freakish in size at about 6'2 207 and he moves well. I think we should at least throw our hat in there

I want him in this class really bad . I like the type of de's we have gone after with this staff fast explosive and lanky
I think Harell paired with Anaele is the most "ready to play now" combination we can get. Physically they will be ready as soon as they step on campus. Probably wont need to play early but they will be ready.

Advertisement
Agree that Mookie is better than Restrepo, I still feel if we get him down here for a visit we have a shot with him, he really really likes Miami.

Xzavier, Rosemy & Redding ain't coming. Hyatt I like a lot seems to really like Va Tech though, but they're a complete dumpster fire & I don't see him sticking with them all year long.

Poitier & Odunze would be good options at the 4th WR for this class, I think Coit or Ja'Vontae will move up the board when they come to Paradise & show what they got in person for Coach Stubbs.
Hyatt is my personal favorite receiver target this cycle because 4.31 at 6'0 plus is not easy to cover.

T.
If we are looking at just outside receivers give me Xzavier Henderson, Jalin Hyatt, Rosemy, or Redding as plan A but keep tabs on guys like Poitier, Rome Odunze, Arian Smith, Gary Bryant Jr.

Bryant is a slot as well.

Bryant is a slot as well.
I think he can play outside. Hes only 5'10 but he has longer extremities than the other guys and he is built like more of a lean basketball type body than a running back like Mookie is. Height isnt the only thing that determines it and although he can for sure play slot I think on the outside he will be fine. Its a pipe dream anyways

I think he can play outside. Hes only 5'10 but he has longer extremities than the other guys and he is built like more of a lean basketball type body than a running back like Mookie is. Height isnt the only thing that determines it and although he can for sure play slot I think on the outside he will be fine. Its a pipe dream anyways

Ya possibly, but imo he is the goods in the slot...And is clearly different than every other "outside" wr you listed.

Advertisement
Have to believe the Rome kid from Bishop Gorman and Jaylin Hyatt from SC are higher on the board than Darrin Turner.

Yep, like I said you could put a number of receivers in that spot, Michael Redding as well. I basically prioritized a guy that has already visited and is in the top 100, but it could easily change by next month, or even tomorrow

From this list, the staff still needs to do better at prioritizing prospects and getting positive vibes. For example Walker is playing around, but we are not pushing for McLaughlin who I think we have a better chance at getting. Keep Walker in the fold but I think the vibe with McLaughlin is better rn.

Talked with McLaughlin recently and he said Miami is still in constant contact with him and is visiting "soon". If he does make that visit, he'll likely shoot up this board and could replace a guy like Walker/Dumervil.

Imagine if Jalen Carter name wasn't dropped from the list and we end up with 4 signees with Jalen/Jalyn/Jaylan/Jalen. Maybe thats why he committed to UGA :unsure: LOL

Advertisement
Love that we're leading & looking to close out on Rivers, he's a big time pull.

We need to keep mashing on the gas for Lawrence, Tenn, Ole Miss & LSU will be tough to hold off but we need to really keep Elder in his ear & do whatever's necessary to land this kid. Winning a battle for a high level OOS player like him would be huge for this staff, Rumph, Diaz & Baker should be hitting this kid up every single day.

Putting all our eggs in one basket for Knighton is just stupid, you can make him the priority for the 2nd RB in this class without completely cutting off contact with Parrish & Holmes.

I said this in the last Freshman 15, Dumervil ain't coming, idk why he was ever so high in the first place lol.

Flowe, nope, would be nice, but nope.

I like our chances with Jon Denis, we just need to keep applying pressure to keep him from FSU, but otherwise I think he's ours. Walker lol... Roberts will be a battle with UF, Columbus kids for whatever reason are enamored with UF smh.

Tae Williams not coming. Said in the last Frosh 15 I wouldn't bet the house on landing a Pouncey & I still wouldn't lol. I think we're making a mistake not going after Jerrold Pough harder as opposed to Kendall Dennis.

At WR, I honestly don't care who we get as long as we keep Fleming & Robinson. I like the South Cack kid Jalen Coit we just offered, he's coming to Paradise I'd like to see us turn up the heat on him as the season progresses. I also wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Ja'vontae Williams from Glades Central, we can always use more kids from The Muck on this squad.
Agree. Why Walker lol?

Talked with McLaughlin recently and he said Miami is still in constant contact with him and is visiting "soon". If he does make that visit, he'll likely shoot up this board and could replace a guy like Walker/Dumervil.
That kid is going to Stanford. He just got offered. Don't think it's even worth having him in a Top 15.

I think Harell paired with Anaele is the most "ready to play now" combination we can get. Physically they will be ready as soon as they step on campus. Probably wont need to play early but they will be ready.
Just gotta question if aneale will be eligible with the situation with his grades. I would take Quentin Williams as his replacement

Love that we're leading & looking to close out on Rivers, he's a big time pull.

We need to keep mashing on the gas for Lawrence, Tenn, Ole Miss & LSU will be tough to hold off but we need to really keep Elder in his ear & do whatever's necessary to land this kid. Winning a battle for a high level OOS player like him would be huge for this staff, Rumph, Diaz & Baker should be hitting this kid up every single day.

Putting all our eggs in one basket for Knighton is just stupid, you can make him the priority for the 2nd RB in this class without completely cutting off contact with Parrish & Holmes.

I said this in the last Freshman 15, Dumervil ain't coming, idk why he was ever so high in the first place lol.

Flowe, nope, would be nice, but nope.

I like our chances with Jon Denis, we just need to keep applying pressure to keep him from FSU, but otherwise I think he's ours. Walker lol... Roberts will be a battle with UF, Columbus kids for whatever reason are enamored with UF smh.

Tae Williams not coming. Said in the last Frosh 15 I wouldn't bet the house on landing a Pouncey & I still wouldn't lol. I think we're making a mistake not going after Jerrold Pough harder as opposed to Kendall Dennis.

At WR, I honestly don't care who we get as long as we keep Fleming & Robinson. I like the South Cack kid Jalen Coit we just offered, he's coming to Paradise I'd like to see us turn up the heat on him as the season progresses. I also wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Ja'vontae Williams from Glades Central, we can always use more kids from The Muck on this squad.

Quick PSA to anyone new to UM recruiting in this thread getting their hopes up after reading the OP: please pay attention to the quoted post and the knowledge dropped within it. Bolded and underlined the key parts for those with extra short attention spans.

Advertisement
Back