2020 Freshman 15: July Edition

Advertisement
Great update.

I feel we get Walker, Chantz, Jon Denis & Daz.

Under no circumstances will I fall for it with Flowe... Nope. As long as a Hyppolite isn't a take for Bama I think we have a great shot to land him, unless he really just wants to play Northeast B1G football a Hollywood kid with his talent has no business going to MD or PSU. If we have a good season, Diaz, Baker & Patke need to put the pressure on & get the flip.

Kendall Dennis not coming, cannot trust Lakeland kids, simply can't do it.

I didn't like the line about the staff feeling they can "easily" land George if they push hard enough... Uhhh then go do it. There's not a single reason why he shouldn't be the top CB on our board as of now, unless he has grades issue at his Juco we need to cut the ****y act & get this kid in the class.

Been saying Tae Williams not coming back, it's either UF or UGA & Tennison will be a battle with Auburn, we lost another Rockledge kid to Auburn last year in Octavius Brothers, it would be a huge win to get him back in this class although I'm not really sure we will.

Also hope we keep looking around for late flips at DB, we got Christian Williams in January last year, there will be other kids in the same scenario that are committed to a school all year then last minute decide to open things up, Never Stop Crootin'.

This would be a great close... Add Tennison and another CB and it's a SICK class that has quality everywhere . Most importantly? We landed a top QB AND elite players on both sides of the line.

EVERYONE here would put Rumph on the noose had he not gotten Williams last cycle. Rumph needs to develop his guys this year and score another gem. Time will tell but he deserves just that...more time.
People still in their feelings about Surtain and Campbell. They need to let that sh*t go, Rumph been doing his thing out there.

Advertisement
Here we go with another Rumph bashing thread... I am all for cutting a guy who doesn't get the job done, it is part of life but the blame needs to be spread evenly. I am curious how you only focus on CB's, what about safety? Carter, Hall, a guy who hasn't stepped foot on campus yet and Mr. Knowles. I mean you would take that S core over CB with Bandy, Blades , Ivey, Williams?

LB?? our same freshman trio but who is ready to take over after them? We have some commits in this class but lawd if Rumph had the same "caliber" committed at CB right now this place would be on fire.

Banda and Rumph have both been weak recruiters. And while I agree that LB recruiting has been disappointing also, it's an unfair comparison. Here's why: South Florida is the absolute motherlode for DBs. There is just no reason for the Canes to ever not be loaded in the defensive backfield. It's very misleading to say "we have x number of 4 stars in the secondary." While that x number may look nice for a lot of teams, it's pretty mediocre for us. We have some talented kids in our secondary. We should have way more.

For Rumph, his Xs and Os coaching has been the saving grace. Banda I'm not sure you can even say that.

Fire rumph next season if he cannot pick up an elite db from Florida next year (either Williams, Collier or Marshall) because this years florida db’s aren’t that strong compared to next years.

Advertisement
"Evaluation: Long and lean left tackle prospect that oozes athletic upside. Only adequate strength-wise right now "

That must have been when he was in his 280s a year ago.
Yes, I didn’t update that from his opening performance, my mistake. He’s much stronger and powerful now, looking close to a complete OT prospect

Advertisement
Advertisement
Excellent job @Stefan Adams. It seems as if the general recruiting board is coming into sharper focus. If we can get those top 4 targets Walker, Williams, Denis and Flowe I will be ecstatic! I think we have a great shot at all 4. I also really like the CB trio of Dennis, Clarke and George. Getting all 3 would be unreal but I'll settle for 2/3 and one of Avantae Williams or Tennison at Safety wouldn't suck. I'm not sweating RB, WR or TE. I know we will get quality players. I feel extremely optimistic about where we stand in recruiting and the opportunity we have this season to really make our mark.

Last edited:
It’s not just them. It’s Marco and Hendo the year before.

This post talks about SFL DB prospects, glad we landed Christian Williams, but miss me with that rebuttal

I agree with you that with elite SFL DB prospects, we have missed quite a bit. Henderson, Campbell, Stevenson.
I can’t put Marco Wilson in that group; after Quincy there was basically a 0% chance of him ever coming. Thanks Al

I also really don’t put Surtain in that group. Honestly, we had a shot but he’s probably a bigger loss for LSU in that class.

Finally, I won’t put Jobe because **** him. Tempting to say we might have dodged a bullet with him; straight showed his ***. Dead to me. I openly root against this kid and wish him the worst, I didn’t even do that for Quincy lol

Insane to think that Jobe, Hendo & Bandy used to visit UM all the time together and the only one we got was Bandy, the kid committed to Oklahoma lol. That’s recruiting for you

We’ve also gotten some good ones in Carter, Hall, and to an extent Couch & Smith

This year is really down for DB in SFL. Next year though, pressure is back on with Marshall & Collier. With as much proUM stuff Collier posts, I want them to land both. We shall see if I get my wish

Not one to bash recruits but if we’re keeping it a buck the only DB that deserves to be committed to us rn is Francois, the other three leave a lot to be desired/ would not be surprised if he’s the only DB we have committed who signs w us on signing day

Advertisement
Back