2020 Freshman 15: July Edition

View as article
Advertisement
To me it's obvious it's Rumph. It's been for years. Guy is a former Cane and I love him, but time & time again he gets beat on the trail. I just think we're going to pay a major opportunity cost with his misses at some point in a high stakes game in the near future..

Yes Ivey & Bandy are great, he did a good job with Mike Jack, but there is ZERO reason we should be thin at CB IMO right now & still striking out on the trail. Given the talent that's come through Florida the past 3-4 years this position group should be absolutely loaded and deep just like our WR & RB rooms.

All in all though recruiting looks to be on track though outside of CB. Big year on the field and we could close on a lot of these targets.

Landing Christian Williams was one of the more impressive recruiting feats in the last couple years here. He’s brought in multiple blue chippers each of the last two years here. Cb recruiting has Not been an issue

Advertisement
Here we go with another Rumph bashing thread... I am all for cutting a guy who doesn't get the job done, it is part of life but the blame needs to be spread evenly. I am curious how you only focus on CB's, what about safety? Carter, Hall, a guy who hasn't stepped foot on campus yet and Mr. Knowles. I mean you would take that S core over CB with Bandy, Blades , Ivey, Williams?

LB?? our same freshman trio but who is ready to take over after them? We have some commits in this class but lawd if Rumph had the same "caliber" committed at CB right now this place would be on fire.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lock up Chantz on 7/20 and Denis on 8/9 and our class is 90% full. I'd still rather have Robinson over Worsham but Worsham seems highly likely to commit. Grab 1 or 2 of Dennis, Clarke, and George. Continue to recruit the **** out of Walker, Tennison, Flowe and Washington and see where the chips fall.

To me it's obvious it's Rumph. It's been for years. Guy is a former Cane and I love him, but time & time again he gets beat on the trail. I just think we're going to pay a major opportunity cost with his misses at some point in a high stakes game in the near future..

Yes Ivey & Bandy are great, he did a good job with Mike Jack, but there is ZERO reason we should be thin at CB IMO right now & still striking out on the trail. Given the talent that's come through Florida the past 3-4 years this position group should be absolutely loaded and deep just like our WR & RB rooms.

All in all though recruiting looks to be on track though outside of CB. Big year on the field and we could close on a lot of these targets.
The tw best local corners in this class are Henry Grey who sucks and Jaylen Harrell who's better but still not great. Tough to get guys like that

Advertisement
Lock up Chantz on 7/20 and Denis on 8/9 and our class is 90% full. I'd still rather have Robinson over Worsham but Worsham seems highly likely to commit. Grab 1 or 2 of Dennis, Clarke, and George. Continue to recruit the **** out of Walker, Tennison, Flowe and Washington and see where the chips fall.

Have a feeling there will be a solid amount of turnover in this class... and hopefully its for 'dropping' a couple of kids for bigger fish as opposed to what we have recently been experiencing

Have a feeling there will be a solid amount of turnover in this class... and hopefully its for 'dropping' a couple of kids for bigger fish as opposed to what we have recently been experiencing
I think we already had most of our turnover unless we decide to cut off communication and drop kids. I could see us moving on from Branch and Riggins but the rest I feel pretty good about.

my priority and wish list: of guys I think we have a 65%+ chance with...
- Walker
- Chantz
- George
- Hyppolite
- Clarke
- Tennison

*washington is a huge want, but just think we're around 25% chance with him
That would be an awesome close and I feel pretty good about our chances. Hyppolite is still pushing Maryland but that just seems odd, wait till they go like 4-8.

Advertisement
Back