2020 DB Edric Whitley offered

Advertisement

https://247sports.com/Player/Edric-Whitley-46085297/

5'11 160lbs CB from out of Pflugerville TX, goes to 5A school Weiss.

Had 5INT's 15PBU's & 700yds as a KR/PR, runs a 4.34 40 with a 4.02 shuttle.

His only offers are UNLV, Sam Houston St, Incarnate Word, Abilene Christian & Texas Southern.

I'm guessing this means they know they're not getting Rakestraw... Idk why TF they're offering a kid like this but not offering De'Arre McDonald or Lorando Johnson.

But once again, Miami with "eLiTe" CB recruiting smh...

Rakestraw received an offer from Bama, so probably correct

@Liberty City El (without considering his offers) what do you think about his tape?
*curious about your opinion
Fast kid that will have to be taught how to play CB.

They're basically just offering anybody who runs a 4.4 or lower & just hoping we can mold them into a legit CB.

The problem is we're extremely thin at CB & have no depth to be bringing in project CB's who are 1-2 seasons away from being contributors at CB. The most they can do is play Special Teams.

This kid, Colson & Marcus Clarke are all projects, now Clarke is farther ahead & more naturally talented than the other two, but none of them will be EE's & none of them can be expected to come in & play right away, they're all Redshirt players.

Which means we're going to have Al Blades Jr, Ivey (who's horrendous in coverage), Couch & Williams who have never started a game, and two CB's that will need a Redshirt & neither physically ready to play as TF's.

We literally might not have a playable 2-deep lineup at CB, as it stands we seriously have only enough CB's to run the Dime package & if any of them get hurt we'll have to play two TF's that need a redshirt & are two years away. We have 4 playable Corners, with one being terrible in coverage & 2 having to learn on the job.

In other words, Rumph has done a terrific job with the CB room...

..not even ranked..no stars for the star vaginaaaas. instant 3 star now that we offered
1578522769716.png

They're basically just offering anybody who runs a 4.4 or lower & just hoping we can mold them into a legit CB.

The problem is we're extremely thin at CB & have no depth to be bringing in project CB's who are 1-2 seasons away from being contributors at CB. The most they can do is play Special Teams.

This kid, Colson & Marcus Clarke are all projects, now Clarke is farther ahead & more naturally talented than the other two, but none of them will be EE's & none of them can be expected to come in & play right away, they're all Redshirt players.

Which means we're going to have Al Blades Jr, Ivey (who's horrendous in coverage), Couch & Williams who have never started a game, and two CB's that will need a Redshirt & neither physically ready to play as TF's.

We literally might not have a playable 2-deep lineup at CB, as it stands we seriously have only enough CB's to run the Dime package & if any of them get hurt we'll have to play two TF's that need a redshirt & are two years away. We have 4 playable Corners, with one being terrible in coverage & 2 having to learn on the job.

No reason he should be kept. Paul Williams was a better recruiter lmao.

Advertisement

I would take this kid over colson, you at least get Elite speed and quickness

Advertisement
I would guess that these type of players are a dime a dozen in state of Florida. Why didn't they go all in on Delancy?
South Fla diva bro...

Don't need kids like that on our team bro...

His best offer is only Nebraska bro...

We're going after better players with offers from Incarnate Word & Sam Houston St bro...

Not the coaches fault bro...

I like this offer. Film looks good and has some playmaker ability at the CB spot.
I love his film. He has great ball instincts and he is a big hitter for his size. Not to mention he is rocket fast with 4.3 speed, so I don't know what exactly is not to like about him. He is playing at a major high school in Texas, so his competition should not be that bad. I like the offer, don't really care how many stars the recruiting sights gave him.

Honestly his film wasn’t that bad at all, didn’t expect that. He might be a sleeper but idk, would rather go after that lorando Johnson kid in Texas who I mentioned Back in December too. This kid seems to be a playmaker though and more physical than you would expect. Still don’t mean he should be a take in the class yet, we will see what happens

Advertisement
Should have offered Delaney months ago and this could have all been avoided

Advertisement
Honestly his film wasn’t that bad at all, didn’t expect that. He might be a sleeper but idk, would rather go after that lorando Johnson kid in Texas who I mentioned Back in December too. This kid seems to be a playmaker though and more physical than you would expect. Still don’t mean he should be a take in the class yet, we will see what happens
image.gif

One thing people need to realize. Some players don't physically mature when they are 17. Some get there when they are 20.

If the dude is that fast, why not?

By the way, some of you sound exactly like the dudes knocking Jordan Miller when we offered him late.

https://247sports.com/Player/Edric-Whitley-46085297/

5'11 160lbs CB from out of Pflugerville TX, goes to 5A school Weiss.

Had 5INT's 15PBU's & 700yds as a KR/PR, runs a 4.34 40 with a 4.02 shuttle.

His only offers are UNLV, Sam Houston St, Incarnate Word, Abilene Christian & Texas Southern.

I'm guessing this means they know they're not getting Rakestraw... Idk why TF they're offering a kid like this but not offering De'Arre McDonald or Lorando Johnson.

But once again, Miami with "eLiTe" CB recruiting smh...

The bright side is 4.02 shuttle and 4.32 40 is top 99.99% elite at DB.

Advertisement
Back