2020 DB Edric Whitley offered

Advertisement
Rumph already blew this class, but this is the type of prospect we need to be investigating at this stage of the game.

I'm curious about his true measurements. His track times on Athletic.net aren't quite as fast as he claims but he looks very fast in his clips. His foot quickness, COD and recognition skills all appear legit.

It's important to get these guys on official visits somewhat early (next week?) so we can size them up. Hard to tell how big and lanky they really are without seeing them in person.

Just looking at his athletic traits he has the quick feet, quickness and speed you want in a cb plus his change of direction is very good. A little lite in the a$$ so he would have to redshirt. IDK, he could develop into a slot corner but bigger, physical WRs would give him issues.

Did Avantae do anything at Deland this year?

Because he sure didn't for the 1 year he was at IMG.

But Blake baker didn’t think hyppo and avante were good enough to play here. Please tell me it’s preferred walk on

Advertisement
You guys all blame rumph like we’d still be locking up 5 stars without him. Our lb recruiting has been horrible. Kids don’t want to play for manny. Manny’s downfall might be the defense now that lashlee is here. At some point lack of depth will catch up to this program

Just looking at his athletic traits he has the quick feet, quickness and speed you want in a cb plus his change of direction is very good. A little lite in the a$$ so he would have to redshirt. IDK, he could develop into a slot corner but bigger, physical WRs would give him issues.
His change of direction is elite. When he breaks back for the ball, he does so effortlessly. His timing is also really good.

If he was 6'1" 200, he'd be a 4 star. ****, if he was 5'11" 195 he probably would be as well. Get this kid in the program and I guarantee you he won't be 160 after a redshirt.

Agree that our LB recruiting has been worse than CB recruiting since Mini has been here.

I think we need a 4th LB coach to solve this issue.

You guys all blame rumph like we’d still be locking up 5 stars without him. Our lb recruiting has been horrible. Kids don’t want to play for manny. Manny’s downfall might be the defense now that lashlee is here. At some point lack of depth will catch up to this program

Advertisement
I know we’re missing on our main targets. I don’t know whose ultimately responsible for these misses (HC, DC, DB Coach, 6-7), but it is our reality right now. But looking at these clips, this kid is not awful. Really fast, instinctive, plays the ball well, not afraid to come up and tackle, and a KR as well. I kno there are probably comparable athletes in So. Fla., but how many are running 4.35, not 5’6”, NCAA QUALIFIED, and still unknown in our area? Not trying to start a fight, just asking a question.

One thing people need to realize. Some players don't physically mature when they are 17. Some get there when they are 20.

If the dude is that fast, why not?

By the way, some of you sound exactly like the dudes knocking Jordan Miller when we offered him late.

Miller had some big offers....

He may have played well at Deland this year - I honestly don't know.

But it is true that last year he didn't do a lot.

Lots of players each year with high ratings don't do a lot once they hit the college level.

I've been a bit skeptical of him since IMG.

Hightower, on the other hand, was their best WR in his Sr. year.

He produced at a high level at that school against a very competitive schedule.

This is one of many reasons why I wasn't happy that he left because he'll probably be a productive WR at whatever school he goes to.

I thought Avantae looked good in the film I saw Of his recently

Advertisement
image.gif

Yall are killing me bruh...

Rumph already blew this class, but this is the type of prospect we need to be investigating at this stage of the game.

I'm curious about his true measurements. His track times on Athletic.net aren't quite as fast as he claims but he looks very fast in his clips. His foot quickness, COD and recognition skills also appear legit.

It's important to get these guys on official visits somewhat early (next week?) so we can size them up. Hard to tell how big and lanky they really are without seeing them in person.

He would have also blown last years class if he did not get lucky with Williams. Why has Manny not addressed this glaring issue?

Advertisement
At some point?

Advertisement
Back