2020: 4 commits from Dade, 3 from Broward, 0 from Palm Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Top South Florida Recruits based on 247 Composite:

Chaney - Cane, stud, going to be awesome
Rosemy - Never even considered us and actually laughed in our face as I recall
Donnell Harris - LOL
Xzavier Henderson - some people are going to claim that this is a legacy so of course we're not in it, but also don't forget that this is the same defensive staff that couldn't close his brother AND that Clemson is actually leading the Crystal Ball race right now, not UF
Thaiu Jones-Bell - dropped us way early, from a feeder school
Derek Wingo - Never in it
Marcus Dumervil - Top OT prospect in South Florida in years, probably could start Day 1, not even getting an OV
Jaylan Knighton - Going to finish in 2nd place for this kid 3 different times, which is honestly impressive
Issiah Walker - Another OT who could start Day 1 and we finished second twice
Bryan Robinson - Dropped us

This isn't to mention lower ranked kids that we liked a lot like Francois, Denis, Fleming, Hyppolite, etc. that all dropped our *** or we ****ed up.

Our next highest ranked South Florida prospect that might actually choose us is Jalen Harrell, and we don't even know if that kid is legit at any particular position.

This is coaching malpractice and a lot of it reeks of Al Golden "Smartest Man in the Room" Syndrome.

So now we have to try and unearth gems and fight for highly ranked guys that are outside our own backyard. Time will tell if it works out, but if past is precedent then it won't.

Jesus thats ******* depressing.
Indefensible but we have some championship level coach worshipers here that I'm sure will find a way.

Alot of these kids dont want to play at UM. Go look at the way the LSU players from louisiana talk about representing for LSU. And yall can talk all that we gotta win noise but the kids who turned that program around came when the program was at a crossroads Orgeron was named coach and they lost to Troy. These kids make every and any excuse why they dont wanna go to miami. But hey when u have players leaving their neighborhood high schools to transfer 4-5 times to be on a winning program its the culture. I saw a kid leave a school as qb to go be second string at another school and he already had a scholly at a g5 school. Smh

It’s like the classic chicken/ egg question. Do you need to win to get recruits, or get recruits to win?

Imo, you’ve got to win to get recruits which means these coaches have to do more with less and win 10 games per year. That will draw kids. The only other way to bypass this is to pay recruits like so many other schools do.

I’ve otherwise been relatively against hiring a legendary player as a coach, but someone like an EReed as a DB coach, if it was merit-based of course, would be a great bridge to the community recruits. They likely need to enhance their strategy, ala Kirby Smart, and be in constant contact with top recruits.

Advertisement
Who gives a ****! We been losing with those divas for the last 17 years!! Go to Africa and get some hungry mafukkas (literally!) for all I care as long as they go all out each and every play!

I blame the demonic symbols in Hollywood entertainment turning kids away from the godly U.

Ye gon save is ya’ll!

Top South Florida Recruits based on 247 Composite:

Chaney - Cane, stud, going to be awesome
Rosemy - Never even considered us and actually laughed in our face as I recall
Donnell Harris - LOL
Xzavier Henderson - some people are going to claim that this is a legacy so of course we're not in it, but also don't forget that this is the same defensive staff that couldn't close his brother AND that Clemson is actually leading the Crystal Ball race right now, not UF
Thaiu Jones-Bell - dropped us way early, from a feeder school
Derek Wingo - Never in it
Marcus Dumervil - Top OT prospect in South Florida in years, probably could start Day 1, not even getting an OV
Jaylan Knighton - Going to finish in 2nd place for this kid 3 different times, which is honestly impressive
Issiah Walker - Another OT who could start Day 1 and we finished second twice
Bryan Robinson - Dropped us

This isn't to mention lower ranked kids that we liked a lot like Francois, Denis, Fleming, Hyppolite, etc. that all dropped our *** or we ****ed up.

Our next highest ranked South Florida prospect that might actually choose us is Jalen Harrell, and we don't even know if that kid is legit at any particular position.

This is coaching malpractice and a lot of it reeks of Al Golden "Smartest Man in the Room" Syndrome.

So now we have to try and unearth gems and fight for highly ranked guys that are outside our own backyard. Time will tell if it works out, but if past is precedent then it won't.

Let’s see how the slurpers flip this

Advertisement
**** this kids don't even have loyalty to their neighborhood schools : you think they would to their city. Also every day more and more of these kids you have to deal with their trainer, mentor, consultant, guardian, whatever : went to a bb clinic, one of the speakers was Frank Martin, he mentioned that he really didn't even looked at S. Florida. Being politically correct he just mentioned its to complicated recruiting down here .

It’s like the classic chicken/ egg question. Do you need to win to get recruits, or get recruits to win?

Imo, you’ve got to win to get recruits which means these coaches have to do more with less and win 10 games per year. That will draw kids. The only other way to bypass this is to pay recruits like so many other schools do.

I’ve otherwise been relatively against hiring a legendary player as a coach, but someone like an EReed as a DB coach, if it was merit-based of course, would be a great bridge to the community recruits. They likely need to enhance their strategy, ala Kirby Smart, and be in constant contact with top recruits.

I'm with you on most points but Kirby also recruiting with stuffed duffel bags. Not sure if that's what you meant by enhanced recruiting and if so desregard.

Richt never really had a giant "honeymoon" class either, at least not like the ones Randy or even Golden had.
2018 class was that honeymoon class for richt . Look at how many of those guys are producing. It was our most loaded and balanced class in years

Last time I’ll comment about this.

The way we approach recruiting needs to change. The current hasn’t been working for quite sometime.

Outside of Rousseau or Bandy all of our best players are from JAX and out of state. With a brand as big as ours we need to start spending more time out of state where kids can appreciate the offer.

we waste more time and resources on local kids who continually throw **** in our face. **** em.
I see No lies here, facts

Advertisement
So Miami not recruiting SoFla hard? We scared to be called thug U or something?

I see No lies here, facts

i think this is why what manny is doing is a better strategy than what richt did. we could have not continued to recruit Daz even after he didnt commit, basically semed like he was oging elsehwere, and was showing up to bama games. better to figure out if fleming is in or out now than later when there is time to replace him w a better talent. fleming is a talented kid, but hearing how other college coaches describe him on that pod along with the stuff from D money and tres, it sounds like hes a raw prospect, but doesnt have the tireless work ethic. include, the diminutive stature, his speed wont help him if he doesnt improve in the weight room and in route running.

Kj Osborn, deejay, jarren, our lbs, etc are all not from so fla. others too. It’s like we have no appreciation for non so fla kids

Gotta put a asterisk next to Pickney. He's from the crib

Advertisement
i think this is why what manny is doing is a better strategy than what richt did. we could have not continued to recruit Daz even after he didnt commit, basically semed like he was oging elsehwere, and was showing up to bama games. better to figure out if fleming is in or out now than later when there is time to replace him w a better talent. fleming is a talented kid, but hearing how other college coaches describe him on that pod along with the stuff from D money and tres, it sounds like hes a raw prospect, but doesnt have the tireless work ethic. include, the diminutive stature, his speed wont help him if he doesnt improve in the weight room and in route running.
I still Would want Fleming and hate that decommitment personally but it is what it is

Last edited:
I still Would want Fleming an hate that decommitment personally but it is what it is

the coaches gotta find what they think works with what they want to do. gotta find the kids that fit what you want to do so you dont misuse kids imo. if thats the case here, so be it. also, sounds like flemings other options arent any of the big 3 or the big time programs. same with francois

2018 class was that honeymoon class for richt . Look at how many of those guys are producing. It was our most loaded and balanced class in years
My comment wasn't a knock on that class's value, although many big name local targets backed out of commitments or went elsewhere. It was his third class and I'd say it's success was buoyed by our bowl victory the season prior, and our hot start to 2017. Meaning it was proof that winning helps, and therefore not a honeymoon class.

Can’t really compare kids in Louisiana being loyal to LSU and here. There is only one big state team there compared to 3 here. Some of these kids were fans growing up but a lot were UF and FSU fans too. Add in the mediocre product in the field the past 15 years and bags along with this generation and this is the end result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back