2020: 4 commits from Dade, 3 from Broward, 0 from Palm Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kj Osborn, deejay, jarren, our lbs, etc are all not from so fla. others too. It’s like we have no appreciation for non so fla kids
Well aware of that. There's nothing wrong with going out of state to cherry pick, or to even fill a need a position that is "down" in a given year (see LB). However, those 3 counties are the lifeline of this program. For such a class that appears to end up being about ~25 kids to only have 6 from your home base is less than ideal.

Advertisement
Hey, at least we're used to mediocrity. That's what will come with continued failures on the recruiting front like this.

Disclaimer: Talent can come from anywhere, but when you can't land the local talent or just flat out ignore them, it's never a good look. It also doesn't help when you go after out of state recruits. They'll be made aware of how the local studs don't care to come, so why should they?

And this is their "bump" class, the honeymoon season. Starting to dread next year's class. #DampSquib21
Richt never really had a giant "honeymoon" class either, at least not like the ones Randy or even Golden had.

Whatever grand recruiting plan Manny has, it better be on the money and fast because to basically not even have our own backyard on lockdown is pretty sad. 2020 season will tell us a lot because the 2021 class is HEAVY with talent in SoFla. I know we say this every year but dammit Manny get us a 10-11 win season for gods sake so we can at least have a fighting chance with all of the local 2021 talent.
Life is too short for me to worry about how our millionaire coaches are selling the U to 17-18 year old kids. I'll see how it plays out and judge accordingly - especially when recruiting is so fluid.

That said, it's clear that the mercenary culture that has been fostered in high school football in SoFl means that we'll never lock down our backyard. LSU, Alabama, Ohio St et al have set up camp down here and there's no repercussions for kids that choose to play elsewhere when they have a Miami offer.

It's going to take us winning big, winning consistently and look like we're having a ball doing it to entice some of these players back. We'll see if Diaz can do that - a lot of us doubt that.

Hey, at least we're used to mediocrity. That's what will come with continued failures on the recruiting front like this.

Disclaimer: Talent can come from anywhere, but when you can't land the local talent or just flat out ignore them, it's never a good look. It also doesn't help when you go after out of state recruits. They'll be made aware of how the local studs don't care to come, so why should they?
It's telling that in recent years our best players - and the most vocal proponents of the U are out of state kids. Dallas, Jordan, Berrios et al. All bleed orange and green and all know how special the U is.

The SoFl kids don't seem to know how good they have it - they get ****y if they don't get a U offer, regardless of how good they are / how interested they are in actually playing for Miami. It feels like Diaz isn't playing that game - bold strategy, Cotton.

Advertisement
It's telling that in recent years our best players - and the most vocal proponents of the U are out of state kids. Dallas, Jordan, Berrios et al. All bleed orange and green and all know how special the U is.

The SoFl kids don't seem to know how good they have it - they get ****y if they don't get a U offer, regardless of how good they are / how interested they are in actually playing for Miami. It feels like Diaz isn't playing that game - bold strategy, Cotton.

bingo. im fine wiht diaz weeding out the kids that want to play w miami. i dont give a sht bout where the kid is from as long as he can play. who the **** cares if his mom birthed him in SFL or Louisiana, all we need to know is if the kid can play football and if the staff can coach them up.

Kj Osborn, deejay, jarren, our lbs, etc are all not from so fla. others too. It’s like we have no appreciation for non so fla kids
That means the staff has been recruiting Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach poorly because there are kids at other P5 schools form the same area balling

Advertisement
Everything tends to drift back to the beginning. This is why I taped the glory games and kept the tapes. It was never going to continue. I have no idea how anyone could join in midstream or particularly late stream and not understand that. Talk about butchering the big picture.

Let's see Randy had a whole bunch of recruits from Miami! How did that turn out? Give me coaching and recruits will come. Keep crying about players from South Florida. Dudes are flaky as ****, Get players that want to come to Miami and put up for Miami.

Randy and his staff didn't develop.. I believe this staff can develop.. But if you want hard nosed aggressive football players they're right here

Advertisement
Basically long run I like...abour 40-45% sofla...20-25% rest of Fla...30-35% OOS

That looks like a winner to me, and is not far are off from are best years.

Everything tends to drift back to the beginning. This is why I taped the glory games and kept the tapes. It was never going to continue. I have no idea how anyone could join in midstream or particularly late stream and not understand that. Talk about butchering the big picture.
I always appreciate your input. But I'm ******* tired of you always waxing poetic about glory days and ******* VHS tapes like we're extinct. Like we can never win again. It will never be over here. There are things working for and against every program, at all times. All it takes is luck. And we haven't had any for quite awhile. We're due. Just need a transcendent QB....15?

Advertisement
Well aware of that. There's nothing wrong with going out of state to cherry pick, or to even fill a need a position that is "down" in a given year (see LB). However, those 3 counties are the lifeline of this program. For such a class that appears to end up being about ~25 kids to only have 6 from your home base is less than ideal.

Maybe that's the problem; program needs to change because those kids don't want to stay home any more. The world's a big place. They want to see more of it.

Miami is a national brand. Maybe it's time more of the team reflected that. Other kids appreciate the U more than those who live close.

We’re gonna need a HUGE signature win. Maybe it’s Bama in 2021. Maybe it’s beating Clemson in the ACCCG next year. Then maybe the local kids will become believers in the Canes again.

Go Canes!

We’re gonna need a HUGE signature win. Maybe it’s Bama in 2021. Maybe it’s beating Clemson in the ACCCG next year. Then maybe the local kids will become believers in the Canes again.

Go Canes!

wont matter

Last time I’ll comment about this.

The way we approach recruiting needs to change. The current hasn’t been working for quite sometime.

Outside of Rousseau or Bandy all of our best players are from JAX and out of state. With a brand as big as ours we need to start spending more time out of state where kids can appreciate the offer.

we waste more time and resources on local kids who continually throw **** in our face. **** em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back