Marcus Fleming - Northwestern
Issiah Walker - Norland
Jonathan Denis - South Dade
Donell Harris - Gulliver

Isn't Miramar in Dade? If so don't forget Brian Balom

We should land these two -

Jalen Harrell - Champagnat
Jaidon Francois - South Dade

Which would give us 6 out of the top 13 players. Less than 50%. We should be around at least 75% in Dade

Advertisement
No dade commits above the 836
Not exactly putting up a fence are we. What elite kid wants to play in the Sun Bowl or Pinstripe bowl? We were eliminated from the horrendous coRstal in early October. Why are we expecting to pull big time kids (from anywhere) at this point.

As has been said a million times on this board, the Admin and BOT are perfectly content to win 8 games, play a mid tier bowl and run a "respectable" program. Just keep those ACC checks coming in.

Top South Florida Recruits based on 247 Composite:

Chaney - Cane, stud, going to be awesome
Rosemy - Never even considered us and actually laughed in our face as I recall
Donnell Harris - LOL
Xzavier Henderson - some people are going to claim that this is a legacy so of course we're not in it, but also don't forget that this is the same defensive staff that couldn't close his brother AND that Clemson is actually leading the Crystal Ball race right now, not UF
Thaiu Jones-Bell - dropped us way early, from a feeder school
Derek Wingo - Never in it
Marcus Dumervil - Top OT prospect in South Florida in years, probably could start Day 1, not even getting an OV
Jaylan Knighton - Going to finish in 2nd place for this kid 3 different times, which is honestly impressive
Issiah Walker - Another OT who could start Day 1 and we finished second twice
Bryan Robinson - Dropped us

This isn't to mention lower ranked kids that we liked a lot like Francois, Denis, Fleming, Hyppolite, etc. that all dropped our *** or we ****ed up.

Our next highest ranked South Florida prospect that might actually choose us is Jalen Harrell, and we don't even know if that kid is legit at any particular position.

This is coaching malpractice and a lot of it reeks of Al Golden "Smartest Man in the Room" Syndrome.

So now we have to try and unearth gems and fight for highly ranked guys that are outside our own backyard. Time will tell if it works out, but if past is precedent then it won't.

Last edited:
Advertisement
And one of those shouldn't be at UM imo.

Hopefully Harrell comes on board.

Definite takes (2 of the top 6 kids in dade and must gets)
Chaney
Roberts

Still Pending:
Harrell (Sounds like leaning UM , who knows)
Francois (doubtful)

Iffy takes:
Washington

Kids you can debate on whether or not we should have taken:
Poitier = no brainer imo, especially in a big WR class
Fleming (from LCE sounds like this was all UM, not fleming) = no brainer
Parrish= I'd probably take
G.Taylor
T.Reaves
W.Neal
L.Willis
R. Hannah
R. Delancey

There is no way in **** you pass on all of those kids. Some decisions to make? Of course...Couple gonna get left out because of scheme or positional needs? Oh Of course...Are some borderline? Reaves, Taylor, Delancy, Gray, Hannah (I'd have probably taken one from this group) = probably...But the first 3 on that list ALL getting passed on by UM is a joke.

Chose elsewhere (We recruited, wanted badly, but missed):
I. Walker
X. Henderson (no chance)
T. Jones' Bell

Not sure which category they are in:
Gray
Britt
Denis (I'd take Dennis if he is in the pass category, need OL, and I like the kid)

Advertisement
Its real simple:

Take at least one Top 3 player at every position from the Tri County.

What irks me is we're going after players who are no better or possibly worse elsewhere.

I'm not really sure wtf we are doing tbh.

Last edited:
Top South Florida Recruits based on 247 Composite:

Chaney - Cane, stud, going to be awesome
Rosemy - Never even considered us and actually laughed in our face as I recall
Donnell Harris - LOL
Xzavier Henderson - some people are going to claim that this is a legacy so of course we're not in it, but also don't forget that this is the same defensive staff that couldn't close his brother AND that Clemson is actually leading the Crystal Ball race right now, not UF
Thaiu Jones-Bell - dropped us way early, from a feeder school
Derek Wingo - Never in it
Marcus Dumervil - Top OT prospect in South Florida in years, probably could start Day 1, not even getting an OV
Jaylan Knighton - Going to finish in 2nd place for this kid 3 different times, which is honestly impressive
Issiah Walker - Another OT who could start Day 1 and we finished second twice
Bryan Robinson - Dropped us

This isn't to mention lower ranked kids that we liked a lot like Francois, Denis, Fleming, Hyppolite, etc. that all dropped our *** or we ****ed up.

Our next highest ranked South Florida prospect that might actually choose us is Jalen Harrell, and we don't even know if that kid is legit at any particular position.

This is coaching malpractice and a lot of it reeks of Al Golden "Smartest Man in the Room" Syndrome.

So now we have to try and unearth gems and fight for highly ranked guys that are outside our own backyard. Time will tell if it works out, but if past os precedent than it won't.
I’m not that upset about missing most of those guys for the simple fact that I just don’t think none of them want to be here regardless of what we did this season. However to lose a kid that you have committed this late in the season is maddening unless they have a **** good reason for dropping them or really good and improved placement for him.

Not exactly putting up a fence are we. What elite kid wants to play in the Sun Bowl or Pinstripe bowl? We were eliminated from the horrendous coRstal in early October. Why are we expecting to pull big time kids (from anywhere) at this point.

Not talking about the kids that don't want to come though.

LCE Marcus Fleming and his family wanted him at UM??? And you push him out? He is a big-time kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back