2019 University School ATH Josh Sanguinetti talks recruitment

The U has greatly improved its academic reputation over the last 25 years. But, it’s simply not in the same league as Stanford. A BA from Stanford is recognized as a top achievement...nearly impossible to get in with great academics thereafter.

I want Sanguinetti. But, if he’s admitted to Stanford, could not be angry with him for going in that direction. Wish him well.

You can be sure he'll be admitted to Stanford. I'm sure they loosen their admission requirements for athletes.

Advertisement
Miami is the best of both worlds for this kid. Miami churns out pro prospects year after year and has very good Academics. Not to the level of Stanford but still very good on it's own. Plus afterwards you are Alumni which means a lot if you plan on living in South FL in the future.

Why do you hope academics isn't the priority? Miami has great academics. Just like Stanford, Miami is a private institution. It's not like he's choosing between Stanford and Podunk U.
I'm a Miami alum. It's a good school, but it's no Stanford academically. Being a private school just makes it really expensive and small. Both schools are in good locations. Being the hometown team, Miami has the clear advantage.

Stanford has a great football program but if a South Florida kid is taking a serious look at them its because of education. That being the cause I think we are leaps and bounds ahead of anyone else in the State of Florida which should give us an edge against local schools. Got to respect the kid though, Stanford is Ivy league west. At least he is not like Hunter who decommitted citing focusing on school as the main issue or like Josh Jobe or PS2 stating education as one of the reasons why they chose Alabama. Got to love the kids that state education as a main priority but then pick LSU, Alabama, etc. That is why you always have to evaluate their "mentors".

Advertisement
with Steele announcing that he will be committing on 9/27 and wants to take his OVs this spring, are we still in on him?
Yeah. Atleast according to what he told nephew about banda. That was last week they talked about him. Maybe hes just placating nephew but he seemed sincere. I hope so atleast chris is legit.

I feel like all of this commotion with Stanford is a good thing. That basically knocks out UF and all of the bag schools if he is to take academics seriously.

Makes it a true two team battle

Advertisement
You can be sure he'll be admitted to Stanford. I'm sure they loosen their admission requirements for athletes.

Nope, athletes cant get an official offer until they are admitted like ever other student.

Its why the WR from Cal didnt sign with Cal until so late in the process because he was waiting to get into Stanford and when he didnt get in he signed with Cal.

I love these one off visits with the 2019 and 2020 guys. I feel like bringing one or two prospects for a visit makes them feel the love. With that being said, when is our first big junior day?

I love these one off visits with the 2019 and 2020 guys. I feel like bringing one or two prospects for a visit makes them feel the love. With that being said, when is our first big junior day?
Thought I read on this site that we weren't gonna do a huge junior day this year, but instead just get prospects on campus as much as possible.

Like you said, these types of smaller gatherings gives the staff more opportunity to show love to individual recruits.

Advertisement
Screenshot_20180226-151911.jpg

Any idea on when this kid might make a decision? Seems like a bright kid that would be locked in once he announces his commitment.

Advertisement
So I just scanned the article again and saw they said he is graduating with a 3.5 which is impressive except for when your talking about Stanford and the average student walking around the campus graduated with almost a 5.0 and near perfect SAT score. I am sure they would relax the standards to admit Josh but I am not sure that’s in the kids best interest.

So I just scanned the article again and saw they said he is graduating with a 3.5 which is impressive except for when your talking about Stanford and the average student walking around the campus graduated with almost a 5.0 and near perfect SAT score. I am sure they would relax the standards to admit Josh but I am not sure that’s in the kids best interest.

Do you honestly think their football team is full of 5.0 and near perfect SAT score players?! I'd be mildly surprised if there was even one.

Can someone tell this kid that you get your undergrad at your school Close to home and your masters away from home. When the Rams or Chargers or Oakland or SanFran draft him he can stay on the West coast and get his Masters from Stanford.

Advertisement
Back