2019 University School ATH Josh Sanguinetti talks recruitment

How many battles have we been in with Stanford in general? If that school is on a kids radar it is generally for a reason, one that we aren't challenging so lets hope academics isn't the same priority level for the kid and his parents as proximity.
Why do you hope academics isn't the priority? Miami has great academics. Just like Stanford, Miami is a private institution. It's not like he's choosing between Stanford and Podunk U.

Advertisement
Gurvan Hall & Sanguinetti will be the best Safety combo in America. The future is bright for the Canes. JS wants to play with dogs and Hall is the junkyard dog he will run with...my $0.02.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Why do you hope academics isn't the priority? Miami has great academics. Just like Stanford, Miami is a private institution. It's not like he's choosing between Stanford and Podunk U.
It isn't really knocking Miami to say that I hope academics aren't the highest priority when evaluated relative to the rest of college football, but if he is a true life-after-football guy like some guys are, there isn't a real conversation to be had here. Like I said, hopefully things like proximity to family are important. Maybe an NFL pipeline is important, maybe the south Florida climate is important.

Miami has great academics and is in excellent company in the group of schools that offer a mix of competitive athletics and education. However Stanford has hands down, undeniably the most prestigious reputation of the power 5 schools in academics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
This is excellent news.

St. John Bosco has been producing a lot of good ball players.

Steele looks like a difference maker as a DB.

We are all over chris steele. **** be coming down soon. Legit interest from both sides

Last edited:
How many battles have we been in with Stanford in general? If that school is on a kids radar it is generally for a reason, one that we aren't challenging so lets hope academics isn't the same priority level for the kid and his parents as proximity.

Miami is the Stanford of the South.

A private school that is non-religious, plays Division 1 Athletics, Top 45 institution, and has a liberal philosophy.

A private school that is non-religious, plays Division 1 Athletics, Top 45 institution, and has a liberal philosophy.
Ya, I know that is what fans and alum like to say.

Advertisement
Because Stanford is on another playing field academically as Miami. It's no slight to Miami but Stanford is competitive with the Ivy's. Miami isn't.

The U has greatly improved its academic reputation over the last 25 years. But, it’s simply not in the same league as Stanford. A BA from Stanford is recognized as a top achievement...nearly impossible to get in with great academics thereafter.

I want Sanguinetti. But, if he’s admitted to Stanford, could not be angry with him for going in that direction. Wish him well.

I don't mean to be critical, but respectfully, Miami isn't even in the same league as Stanford academically. Football has to be important enough, and academics have to be relatively less important enough, that the player is willing to make that trade-off. If Sanguinetti is as smart as he appears to be, he could always go to Stanford or another top academic school for graduate school, and this whole discussion is moot. But if he's on the edge, and football is what puts him over the top into Stanford, this will be a very hard decision.

Teyo Johnson. Great call. And that was before Stanford was any good.
Both Gordon and Johnson transferred from the same high school in Everett, Washington to the same HS in San Diego for their senior year. They then went to Stanford together. Johnson's older brother also went to Stanford.

I don't know what the story is behind the move from Washington to San Diego.

Advertisement
Back