2019 TE Keon Zipperer receives offer

Advertisement
Gotta take 2 TEs this class. Agree with Irvin and Polendy are not the answer.

While I agree with taking 2, what is with people saying Polendey "is not the answer". Were talking about a kid who just redshirted. It's bizarre to write him off at this point, especially since he was ranked higher than Hodges.

Yes, he's probably not going to play ahead of Jordan or Mallory, but he was an excellent blocker in HS and that's something we desperately need. He won't be a star but I'm guessing he'll be part of the answer to our short yardage woes.

But I agree for 2019 we need to add another receiving threat. Billingsley, Foskey, Zipperer, and Wyndemer look like the best options, so hopefully we can get the local one

So wheres the hes always open like a zipper jokes
Him committing would certainly make me chipperer.

Don't think I didn't start to post multiple posts about zippers and dropping my pants if he commits.

Example

"If Zipperer commits my Zipper will be sliding down"

I don't want to over saturate the board with my schtick. So I refrained.

Last edited:
I don't think we're doing an official, huge junior day. Just getting smaller groups of juniors on campus as much as possible to better interact with them.
Guess I was wrong. Ivins mentioned March 24th as Junior Day.

we do NOT need 2 TEs. However it wouldn't be a bad idea imo. And as long as the offensive number stays around 10-11 as far as scholarships go I'm cool. Take 2 TEs and 2 WRs.

QB - 1
RB - 2
OL - 4
WR/TE - 4

That works well with our needs and eligibility chart....

**Don't include athletes like Rj McItntosh or Ahmmon Richards among those 11.

Richt's offense works best when he's got TEs in numbers. Many of them don't even do much in the pass game, but HBacks/FBs and TEs in the set are important to what he would like to get done.

I got to imagine that going forward, the TE depth chart is really just Jordan and Mallory...whatever Irvin and Polendy give you is a bonus and are basically roster fodder (although I think Irvin will be in the mix heavy early this year, being given every chance to succeed) after next year...so I am all in on 2 TEs, separate from what we do at WR.

Advertisement
With our offense, we need to take 2 TEs. We don't just line them up at the traditional TE slot, we line them up on in the slot and as an h-back. We could use multiple TEs in formations.

Him committing would certainly make me chipperer.
giphy (9).gif

Advertisement
So if 3/24 is officially a junior day does anyone expect any commitments? My money would be on Bogle. He seems most ready to pop.

we do NOT need 2 TEs. However it wouldn't be a bad idea imo. And as long as the offensive number stays around 10-11 as far as scholarships go I'm cool. Take 2 TEs and 2 WRs.

QB - 1
RB - 2
OL - 4
WR/TE - 4

That works well with our needs and eligibility chart....

**Don't include athletes like Rj McItntosh or Ahmmon Richards among those 11.

Jordan- Great All around TE
Mallory- Great Receiving TE, will time and weight to develop into a blocker.
Irvin- Good hands, awful at blocking, attitude issues which i don't see going away after Brevin takes his job
Polendey- Recruited as a blocking TE, last report i read said he was still at 220lbs.
Hodges- Good all around TE, not a huge guy, will be limited in blocking for awhile.

We have a glaring whole for a true blocking TE. Wydermyer has the size but i haven't watched his tape. Zipperer is another 6'2 240lbs utility TE. Maybe Realus can play some spot TE blocking this year but this is something we need to fix moving forward. Richt wants a power run game, we need to add big body at TE.

Polendey and Irvin still have time to turn it around by fall but we should be recruiting a 2nd TE if they don't.

Advertisement
would be thrilled with this kid as part of this class. His utility really makes him a great piece espically if we move to more two tight end sets as has been alluded to by richt this off season.

Jordan- Great All around TE
Mallory- Great Receiving TE, will time and weight to develop into a blocker.
Irvin- Good hands, awful at blocking, attitude issues which i don't see going away after Brevin takes his job
Polendey- Recruited as a blocking TE, last report i read said he was still at 220lbs.
Hodges- Good all around TE, not a huge guy, will be limited in blocking for awhile.

We have a glaring whole for a true blocking TE. Wydermyer has the size but i haven't watched his tape. Zipperer is another 6'2 240lbs utility TE. Maybe Realus can play some spot TE blocking this year but this is something we need to fix moving forward. Richt wants a power run game, we need to add big body at TE.

Polendey and Irvin still have time to turn it around by fall but we should be recruiting a 2nd TE if they don't.
Realus won't be playing any TE. Fact is Brevin and Irvin are going to be the top 2 Inline TEs. thats not going to change this season no matter what.
And by next season Polendey may very well be ready to make an impact as a blocker. the problem is recruiting a TE who's sole purpose is projected to be a blocker in the first place...hopefully Polendey can do more than just that.

the way I see it the TE Depth chart is:
1. Brevin
2/3. Irvin or Mallory ....if the backup TE is split out, it'll be Mallory... If backup is inline, it will be Irvin
4. Polendey

I really don't like going for TEs who can only block. Imo You should go for athletic TEs who can be elite in the passing game, then coach them up to be solid in the running game. If you want a goal line formation run, put an extra OT/OG in the spot of the TE. Theres no reason we cant use 6 OL. Whoever is our 3rd best OT should come in in those short yardage situations if thats what we want. Either way I see no value in recruiting a guy at TE to purely be a blocker. At the end of the day they wont be as good of a blocker as an OT would, and if they have no receiving ability, whats the point in not just using an OT?

Now should we get 2 TEs? I don't think we need 2 at all. But I don't think getting 2 is bad either. Our TE depth will be good next yr, because we aren't losing anyone unless Irvin transfers out or something. But 2 TEs is cool.

Advertisement
Realus won't be playing any TE. Fact is Brevin and Irvin are going to be the top 2 Inline TEs. thats not going to change this season no matter what.
And by next season Polendey may very well be ready to make an impact as a blocker. the problem is recruiting a TE who's sole purpose is projected to be a blocker in the first place...hopefully Polendey can do more than just that.

the way I see it the TE Depth chart is:
1. Brevin
2/3. Irvin or Mallory ....if the backup TE is split out, it'll be Mallory... If backup is inline, it will be Irvin
4. Polendey

I really don't like going for TEs who can only block. Imo You should go for athletic TEs who can be elite in the passing game, then coach them up to be solid in the running game. If you want a goal line formation run, put an extra OT/OG in the spot of the TE. Theres no reason we cant use 6 OL. Whoever is our 3rd best OT should come in in those short yardage situations if thats what we want. Either way I see no value in recruiting a guy at TE to purely be a blocker. At the end of the day they wont be as good of a blocker as an OT would, and if they have no receiving ability, whats the point in not just using an OT?

Now should we get 2 TEs? I don't think we need 2 at all. But I don't think getting 2 is bad either. Our TE depth will be good next yr, because we aren't losing anyone unless Irvin transfers out or something. But 2 TEs is cool.

I'm not saying at all to recruit a guy to only be a blocker, i'm just saying recruit a guy who has the size to be a top blocker at his position on the team to add versatility. Irvin, Jordan, Hodges, Zipperer are all 6'3 or under. Using an OL at as a 6th blocker is dead giveaway you're running the ball and limits your playcalling. Every top TE we've put into the league has been 6'4" or bigger. We have versatility at the WR postion, **** we have two WR's taller than any TE we have on the roster or we're recruiting besides Mallory.

We don't need Zipperer. We have 4 returning TEs plus Evidence is a bigtime TE candidate by his RS-SO year. Everyone was saying Rousseau was too skinny to play DE and the kid is already at 225 entering January and will probably hit 235 by August and 245 by next year August. Evidence came in here at 210 ish and by the time August comes around, he'll be closer to 220-225. Next year August, he'll be a 235-240lb beast at TE.

We don't have enough spots for 2 TEs anyway.

Advertisement
Back