2019 Roster Discussion

My math wasn’t wrong then and isn’t wrong now. Eight is a significant number for every D-1 program because that’s how many non-scholarship guys you can have on the roster. We’re bringing in a huge class to add to a huge returning roster. It is an important issue.

And you still have no idea how to address the actual question. You’re too busy arguing about nothing.

Your initial post made no sense that's why you're having to amend it so much.

It finally makes sense now after your incoherent initial post.

Advertisement
Your initial post made no sense that's why you're having to amend it so much.

It finally makes sense now after your incoherent initial post.

My initial post was one sentence that asked about 8 guys paying their own way. I don’t mind explaining it all to you, but you should probably learn about the roster limits if you’re going to participate.

I don’t mind explaining it all to you, but you should probably learn about the roster limits if you’re going to participate.

I do but it wasn't clear what you were talking about. It was incoherent as is a lot of your stuff.

But I also don't particularly care about this topic because there are plenty of guys who will move on and probably already have.

I do but it wasn't clear what you were talking about. It was incoherent as is a lot of your stuff.

But I also don't particularly care about this topic because there are plenty of guys who will move on and probably already have.

LOL, you didn’t know that the roster limit was 35, that’s why you kept talking about 37, 38, and 41. Adorable.

LOL, you didn’t know that the roster limit was 35, that’s why you kept talking about 37, 38, and 41. Adorable.

I didn't understand what you were talking about because it made no sense.

I remember the roster rule changes from a few years ago but it's not high on the list of things I can infer from incoherent writing.

Advertisement
I didn't understand what you were talking about because it made no sense.

I remember the roster rule changes from a few years ago but it's not high on the list of things I can infer from incoherent writing.

It does make sense. More than one person in this thread referred to 27/35.

But thanks for admitting that YOU didn’t understand because YOU didn’t remember the exact roster rules.

Advertisement
37 players (thanks scane) by my count:

1B Toral
1B Allen
2B Escala
2B Pollack
2B Paige
3B Gil
SS Zamora
SS Vilar
SS Tuero
SS Conley
SS Montes
C Quinones
C Del Castillo
C Amditis
C Sparber
OF Cloonan
OF Jenkins
OF Rivera
OF Lala
OF Moore
OF Lane
SP McKendry
SP Veliz
SP Cecconi
SP McMahon
RP Federman
RP Maury
RP Cook
RP Rivero
RP Ruiz
RP Epstein
RP McDounough
RP Gates
RP Wimbush
RP Mantilla
RP Keysor
RP Van Belle

Last edited:
35 players by my count:

1B Toral
1B Allen
2B Escala
2B Pollack
2B Paige
3B Gil
SS Zamora
SS Vilar
SS Tuero
SS Conley
SS Montes
C Quinones
C Del Castillo
C Amditis
C Sparber
OF Cloonan
OF Jenkins
OF Rivera
OF Lala
OF Moore
OF Lane
SP McKendry
SP Veliz
SP Cecconi
SP McMahon
RP Federman
RP Maury
RP Cook
RP Rivero
RP Ruiz
RP Epstein
RP McDounough
RP Gates
RP Wimbush
RP Mantilla
Plus JUCO transfer pitchers Tyler Keysor and Brian Van Belle for 37.

Advertisement
35 players by my count:

1B Toral
1B Allen
2B Escala
2B Pollack
2B Paige
3B Gil
SS Zamora
SS Vilar
SS Tuero
SS Conley
SS Montes
C Quinones
C Del Castillo
C Amditis
C Sparber
OF Cloonan
OF Jenkins
OF Rivera
OF Lala
OF Moore
OF Lane
SP McKendry
SP Veliz
SP Cecconi
SP McMahon
RP Federman
RP Maury
RP Cook
RP Rivero
RP Ruiz
RP Epstein
RP McDounough
RP Gates
RP Wimbush
RP Mantilla

Didn't I see somewhere that Gates might be a 2 way player?

Anyone have faith in this?

CF Jenkins
2B Escala
SS Zamora
C Quinones
LF Cloonan
3B Gil
DH Amditis
RF Rivera
1B Toral

Advertisement
Agreed on Del Castillo. However, I haven't given up completely on Amditis. He just hasn't been healthy and it always seems like a freak thing with him. Toral might never get it back but maybe the light comes on for him this summer. I would think it's between he and Del Castillo at 1B unless they move Zamora to 3B.

Agreed on Del Castillo. However, I haven't given up completely on Amditis. He just hasn't been healthy and it always seems like a freak thing with him. Toral might never get it back but maybe the light comes on for him this summer. I would think it's between he and Del Castillo at 1B unless they move Zamora to 3B.

It would be nice to have some options - I watched Amditis hit one out at Wrigley Field in a HS All Star game. Maybe he can get back to that potential if he can stay healthy the whole year.

Advertisement
Back