2019 Roster Discussion

Going ahead and doing it now given the state of the other thread

Thanks. Let's hope the MLB draft works in our favor this year. It seemed like it did last year at the time (w McMahon and Toral); let's hope they still pan out their last two or three years here.

Advertisement
So what exactly is the story on Toral? Perfect Game had him as some kind of mega prospect, but his senior year was extremely mediocre. Then he came here and did absolutely nothing. A freshman year in the ACC might be excused, but that senior year in high school is a huge red flag.

So what exactly is the story on Toral? Perfect Game had him as some kind of mega prospect, but his senior year was extremely mediocre. Then he came here and did absolutely nothing. A freshman year in the ACC might be excused, but that senior year in high school is a huge red flag.

He looks like Yonder Alonso. From stance, approach, etc.

He hit .370 his senior year and while that's certainly not great, it's also not terrible.

He looks like Yonder Alonso. From stance, approach, etc.

He hit .370 his senior year and while that's certainly not great, it's also not terrible.

Yeah, I was more looking at his power numbers. He had like nine extra base hits all year. Do you think his high rating was more of a projection, or did he have a massive junior season?

Advertisement
There is no chance Casas is here next year.

Even though Cecconi is "sliding"...I still struggle to see him getting here as I can't see him slipping past the CBA or early part of the 2nd Round...but no idea what exactly he's asking for.

2019 UM commit Yordani Carmona gave up a double and a home run to 2019 UF commit Josh Rivera today, so things look to remain consistent in the future.

BA has put out their Top 100 prospects list for the state of Florida. Besides the players included in the BA 500, they have Tuero ranked 80th, Mantilla 85th, and Keysor (JUCO) 89th in the state. All three should make it to campus pretty comfortably.

Neither Bartow or Reyes is among their Top 100 Florida prospects. Projecting out that puts them both in the Top 700 or 800 at best. I understand Reyes because he doesn't have a position (and hasn't really played a full D1 season), but Bartow is a bit more surprising.

BA has put out their Top 100 prospects list for the state of Florida. Besides the players included in the BA 500, they have Tuero ranked 80th, Mantilla 85th, and Keysor (JUCO) 89th in the state. All three should make it to campus pretty comfortably.

Neither Bartow or Reyes is among their Top 100 Florida prospects. Projecting out that puts them both in the Top 700 or 800 at best. I understand Reyes because he doesn't have a position (and hasn't really played a full D1 season), but Bartow is a bit more surprising.

I would also be shocked if Bartow comes back. Would be huge for the bullpen if he did. Big guys throwing 95 MPH don't usually fall past the 10th round.

Advertisement
I would also be shocked if Bartow comes back. Would be huge for the bullpen if he did. Big guys throwing 95 MPH don't usually fall past the 10th round.

That was always my belief as well; anyone know why he grades out so poorly?

2019 UM commit Yordani Carmona gave up a double and a home run to 2019 UF commit Josh Rivera today, so things look to remain consistent in the future.

He went 6 innings and gave up 2 hits while striking out 8.

Way to bury the lead.

His team also won the state championship (a team with 8 Miami commits on it).

Advertisement
He went 6 innings and gave up 2 hits while striking out 8.

Way to bury the lead.

His team also won the state championship (a team with 8 Miami commits on it).

He faced a small town public school that has one college commit, and that Florida commit owned him.

Advertisement
There is no chance Casas is here next year.

Even though Cecconi is "sliding"...I still struggle to see him getting here as I can't see him slipping past the CBA or early part of the 2nd Round...but no idea what exactly he's asking for.
He has slipped way past these projections now!! 7th round and counting!

He has slipped way past these projections now!! 7th round and counting!

Would like to welcome him to the family.

Would be silly for he and Del to go pro at this point. Neither family is hard up.

Coming out of this draft with Casas and Davis as the only collateral damage is great news.

with all of our good luck yesterday im getting overly optimistic about today. How much does Johnny Ruiz's decision to stay effect these guys?? Bartow, Romy, and Cabezas had a front row seat to what can happen if you come back for your senior year

Advertisement
Back