2019 recruiting

Advertisement
I don't wanna demean a very talented kid, who probably is financially well-off as you say. But I'm thinking an ego thing... wanna be feted, if that's the right word. Somehow I think VCJ knows his pick by now, and is just enjoying the show from an entitled vantage point. Cynical, I know, just my read.

I don't wanna demean a very talented kid, who probably is financially well-off as you say. But I'm thinking an ego thing... wanna be feted, if that's the right word. Somehow I think VCJ knows his pick by now, and is just enjoying the show from an entitled vantage point. Cynical, I know, just my read.

What does this have to do with "BAGS"?

Advertisement
offer, perks, incentives, makes one feel "WANTED" -

Bags is money when it comes to recruiting. I have no idea what you're talking about. Perhaps it was a mistake when you suggested it may be applied to Carey Jr. Unless you truly believe he is looking/taking bags.

Bags is money when it comes to recruiting. I have no idea what you're talking about. Perhaps it was a mistake when you suggested it may be applied to Carey Jr. Unless you truly believe he is looking/taking bags.
I said "bags or something". Good point, I detract the bags and will edit it thanks.
edit: ok, I just deleted that whole line. Shoulda just said something like this "final 3 to be announced" feels to me like a bit too much showboating.

If I were VCJ, I'd probably do the same thing. Except substitute a trip to UCLA or Hawaii for MSU. Actually, MSU would have a much better chance if he didn't visit East Lansing.

Advertisement
We want a one and done, why? One season. Who cares?

Give me a team of 4 year 3 star players. This one and done crap is just that...crap...especially for a team like Miami.

lol so yall don't want VCJ if he chooses Miami? Gonna tell him to go on his merry way if he chooses the Canes bc he may leave after a year? Stop with the tomfoolery.

Advertisement
WE DONT WANT THE BEST BIG MAN IN THE COUNTRY

MORE MILLERS BECAUSE THEY HAVE HEART

Of course we want VCJR! However, I will be shocked if he doesnt come into the Watsco next season wearing a Duke uniform Coach L has done everything he can to get him to commit to UM.

A few things:

1. Yes, Coach’s best teams here have happened when his players have the “experience” and maturity over the opponents. This is clear. This doesn’t mean take zero elite recruits, it just means (if you can) get an elite recruit in addition to other recruits/transfers that fit your plan.

2. VCJ is an elite player. If he did come here, he would be the best recruit we ever landed. In addition, he is a legacy. There is no way you tell him, “no thanks”. You take him, you cut a player too (if need be). In fact, he can have Miller’s ship even if we don’t need to make room.

3. I don’t know if VCJ is a PF or C at the college level. I don’t care either. We have plenty of spots open and assuming Dewan leaves, he can probably replace his production (assuming he has production and gets to play this year). Izundu is gone, Amp is gone. Gak is showing signs. Sam is improving. Miller is _________. We’re bringing in A. Walker too. We would greatly benefit from VCJ.

4. Even with the above, we really need to bring in a big man transfer. If we land VCJ, maybe the best big who must sit out. If not, take one eligible and one not. We have plenty of open ships and we need to use them.

5. Not that anyone really has but I wouldn’t use Lonnie Walker of an example of anything in relation to VCJ. If Lonnie didn’t get injured (before the season), perhaps things would have been better. But the point is I wouldn’t use him and his tenure as a measuring stick for other players.

Advertisement
UNC fans aren’t confident

He was sleeping and on his phone during the game on his OV

Advertisement
Back