2019 recruiting

I will have to admit it, Coach L is giving it his best effort. I think Miami makes the final three (along with Michigan State and Duke). When the dust settles and the smoke clears, Carey will be a Hurricane.

Advertisement
I haven’t followed VCJ much this year, but when he came to Raleigh for the Holiday tournament last year I was told and heard from multiple people he was down to UNC and Duke. Crowd was chanting UNC and Roy was loving it when he was on the court. But looked like to me he was more focused on Coach K during timeouts and stoppages in play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I didn't think we would get VCJ and Walker. It is what it is. Maybe one, no chance of two. I doubt we get Anthony either.

With that said, we have a ton of open ships. What 2019 kids are left that are considering us?

Anyone? What other targets are still on our board other than Cole Anthony (who we have ZERO shot at landing).

Advertisement
Anyone? What other targets are still on our board other than Cole Anthony (who we have ZERO shot at landing).

Not sure if we have any plan B kids atm.

Didn’t think we land Jr but felt good about our chances with Walker. Reading between the lines, someone got to him about living in SoFla.

Have fun freezing in distractionless Eugene.

Advertisement
I'm sure we'll be looking at late signers and Grad xsfers at season's end. Maybe a Euro or an Aussie or Canadian or JuCo too.

Just wondering,

What do you think is the reason why more kids from the state of Florida are not on the Miami roster? It is not due to a lack of talent as there are approximately 15 D-1 basketball players in the state of Florida on a yearly basis.

The Canes have missed on Nasir Little (2018), CJ Walker and Vernon Carey Jr (2019) so I wonder is this a trend?

The good news is the coaches have another opportunity with Scottie Barnes (2020) and Wesley Cardet (2021).

Advertisement
Back