2019 Fall Camp Preview: CB

I don’t think Liberty is singling you out, it’s more so that posters go on and on, and on again about Rumph; his recruiting abilities and his coaching. What we have seen thus far from Rumph is the polar opposite. Yes, he was not great at recruiting initially, but we can tell he’s gotten a lot better. As to the coaching piece, every single season he’s produced players capable and hasn’t let us down as of yet. We have the players we have, not sure we could bring in another player via the Portal unless we have the roster space collectively. All in all I concur with El, the kids we have will all play, including the TF, gain valuable playing time, and will continue their development this season. I think we will actually be ok at the CB spot, perhaps I am overly optimistic. Next year we shouldn’t lose any players and have a great class shaping up in 2020. By them, all of this Rumph talk should hopefully go to the way side.

All will play and lucky for us our top 4 should be all we need against UF and hopefully we don’t have to worry about depth. After that our schedule is pitiful and Williams, Couch, and Bethel should be able to see the field and come along before we play an opponent that could make them seem like a liability or expose their inexperience.

They could play the entire month of September and it shouldn’t be a problem.

Advertisement
Al Blades Jr & DJ Ivey are going have breakout seasons & shock people with how well they play.

But this thread just goes to show how weak our fans are, nothing but a bunch of whiny mf'ers in the fetal position trembling with fear all the **** time smh.

This is the most talented CB group we've had since 2016, we finally don't have to worry about relying on a Juco or Grad Transfer player & yet people are still shook.

Rumph maximized the ability of Corn Elder, Michael Jackson, Malek Young & Trajan Bandy and now has multiple legit Corners to work with & will develop them.

Yall can **** your pants all day screaming, but this CB group has been upgraded & will ball out.

Well said

Advertisement
I dont Get it, each of the last 3 classes he’s helped bring in at least 2 or more consensus 4 star caliber dbs at cb. We already know he develops his talent base every year this group is easily his most talented one yet, just let things play out. Christian Williams is said to be impressing early in offseason workouts so let’s just see how he does fall camp. Plus each year a new cb emerges under his tutelage.
This is Rumph’s prove it year on and off the field. He now has all his own players. He now has had time to build relationships since kids entered HS to recruit.
A CB class of Hodges, Branch, Clark is below average by UM standards. If he loses Branch he’s going to have to pull another Williams out of his hat.
I will say I’m really looking forward to these new guys on the field. They look like bigger studs than we’ve had in over a decade. Hopefully they play like it, too.

Advertisement
I’m confident Rumph has the ability to coach up what he has. Not too worried. This is the natural progression. Mike is gone now it’s Bandys turn. We are actually in a better spot than we have been recently. You can’t ask for more 4* CB than we have.

That’s some good size and length for a freshman Cb. Hopefully 1 of Williams, bethel or couch can take that 4th cb spot
CB107D50-9D34-4274-A81B-D2335F455854.jpeg

Al Blades Jr & DJ Ivey are going have breakout seasons & shock people with how well they play.

But this thread just goes to show how weak our fans are, nothing but a bunch of whiny mf'ers in the fetal position trembling with fear all the **** time smh.

This is the most talented CB group we've had since 2016, we finally don't have to worry about relying on a Juco or Grad Transfer player & yet people are still shook.

Rumph maximized the ability of Corn Elder, Michael Jackson, Malek Young & Trajan Bandy and now has multiple legit Corners to work with & will develop them.

Yall can **** your pants all day screaming, but this CB group has been upgraded & will ball out.

SAY IT WIT YO CHEST!

Don't take it personal, It's not you that I disagree with, it's the argument.

I got no issues with you at all my g, I just get tired of seeing people make the same arguments about the CB group.

And DJ Ivey is going to really surprise yall, that boy has arguably made the biggest leap of any player on Defense this year along with Jon Ford.
I can't wait to see Ford, I thought he would show up last year but **** that dude is just a monster.

Advertisement
My question to the folks who are concerned about depth at corner is, how many corners will ever be on the field at the same time with this defense? We have plenty of players in the secondary and talent by the way to sustain an injury here and there. We are no different than any team when it comes down to it. All I know is Amari Carter better be on the field every snap this year. The coaches have a lot of versatile players at their disposal

My question to the folks who are concerned about depth at corner is, how many corners will ever be on the field at the same time with this defense? We have plenty of players in the secondary and talent by the way to sustain an injury here and there. We are no different than any team when it comes down to it. All I know is Amari Carter better be on the field every snap this year. The coaches have a lot of versatile players at their disposal

Where is this talented depth? Bandy goes out - we are now Ivey, Blades and true freshman Williams. After that we are one set back away from a 165 lbs true freshman and a guy that should be plying at FAU. Who is going to play specials in this scenario? Slot corner? We have 5 corners total and one is the size of an 8th grader and the other shouldn’t be on the roster. Are we going with a bunch of hybrids and safeties? It’s a problem if we have an injury or someone needs a rest. The cliff is massive and its not unrealistic to think we will have to call on guys. Our corners are big in run support in this system

Where is this talented depth? Bandy goes out - we are now Ivey, Blades and true freshman Williams. After that we are one set back away from a 165 lbs true freshman and a guy that should be plying at FAU. Who is going to play specials in this scenario? Slot corner? We have 5 corners total and one is the size of an 8th grader and the other shouldn’t be on the roster. Are we going with a bunch of hybrids and safeties? It’s a problem if we have an injury or someone needs a rest. The cliff is massive and its not unrealistic to think we will have to call on guys. Our corners are big in run support in this system
so your concerned too? you just stated the scenario for every team in America

Advertisement
I think you really have to look at the defense as a whole instead of being hyper-focused on just the DB position. The best asset any secondary can have is an unstoppable pass rush, and the strategy Diaz and co. have employed is loading up there. But that strategy doesn't come without risk, and CB depth may be where it's at, so I understand the concern. One thing is for sure, whether we have an all American, tf, or FAU-caliber player at db, if the pass rush does what it's supposed to do, we'll be just fine. Jmo

Cornerbacks coach Rumph compared Ivey to himself in an interview this spring, never a bad thing for a young player looking to earn a starting role. Ivey uses his length well and plays physically, two attributes that Rumph wants to see from his corners. Team sources feel Ivey could have an All-ACC type season if he stays healthy.

:sanford2:

lol

Advertisement
Back