2019 DE Cameron Williams Commits

Advertisement
Advertisement
Huuuuuge get. One of the top DE in Florida. Lock up Bogle and grab 1 more and #surge19 is done at DE.

I think him and Bogle will be it at DE. Although I think they'd take that Norris kid if he wants in.

Then one of Hunter/Ingraham, guys who can play either SDE or 3 tech.

Then hopefully Sorrels on top of Daxon/Brown at DT

Advertisement
Kool gets a lot of (warranted) praise for his coaching, but his evaluation skills are underrated. He knows what he’s looking for: long guys with suddenness.

Give him him the raw material, and he can do the rest.

Kool gets a lot of (warranted) praise for his coaching, but his evaluation skills are underrated. He knows what he’s looking for: long guys with suddenness.

Agree completely; however, his recruiting skills leave a lot to be desired. Kind of weird that recruiting is arguably his biggest challenge.

Huuuuuge get. One of the top DE in Florida. Lock up Bogle and grab 1 more and #surge19 is done at DE.

I think him and Bogle will be it at DE. Although I think they'd take that Norris kid if he wants in.

Then one of Hunter/Ingraham, guys who can play either SDE or 3 tech.

Then hopefully Sorrels on top of Daxon/Brown at DT
Those are the six kids I see now. No doubt some others will emerge. I expect we’ll take 6 on the DL also, unless we get lucky at how this year ends.

Advertisement

Agree completely; however, his recruiting skills leave a lot to be desired. Kind of weird that recruiting is arguably his biggest challenge.

How is it weird? Recruiting takes a ton of time and effort, you have to be extremely sociable to deal with 16,17 & 18 kids who think they are the best thing in the planet. He most likely just enjoys the coaching aspect of college football. He is a film junkie and a master of his craft. On the other hand, you have guys like Banda and Hartley who aren’t the greatest coaches but love the grind of recruiting.

He looks really raw. I’m not saying this to criticize him at all, but to c9mplement his potential. He’s making great plays in that tape, and he looks like he’s still growing into his body. Like [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] said, he’s sudden. He’s chasing guys down like a linebacker. Give him two years in the weight room, and you could have an absolute monster. Looks like a kid who will have a big senior season and smmer at the camps.

Advertisement

How is it weird? Recruiting takes a ton of time and effort, you have to be extremely sociable to deal with 16,17 & 18 kids who think they are the best thing in the planet. He most likely just enjoys the coaching aspect of college football. He is a film junkie and a master of his craft. On the other hand, you have guys like Banda and Hartley who aren’t the greatest coaches but love the grind of recruiting.

It’s weird for a man of his resume. I agree that recruiting takes personality and effort but what the ****? You’re in the College Football business. Miami makes this look very very difficult. Elite DT’s should be drooling to come here with Coach Kool and our depth. Additionally, this is on Richt too. This position is too important to strike out on.

Richt is doing the same thing he did with the 2018 class and what Texas used to do. Get 75% of your class filed by the summer time.

Imo ain’t a bad thing. Get everybody in early and sign em in December and only focus on 5/6 guys til February.

Double swords imo

If your evals are good, it’s an incredible strategy, but if you miss on your spring evals and you end up with a bunch of Sitkowski in your class, that’s a big problem! It’s probably what made Texas so bad. A class at 75% full with ****** evals!

Just like Richt said before the early day, it gets to the point that he can't hold spots for everyone so you best get in while you can. It really is like a Surge building that has its own inertia. Beautiful thought after all these years of fingernail biting right fellas?

Advertisement
Back