2019 Akeem dent decommits

Advertisement
i wish i could muster up a "he sucks anyways, wouldnt play here" but i cant

Advertisement
No kid that commits 2-3 years before their signing day stays committed the whole time

False
We have had a few commit prior to their junior years in sam Bruce, jack Allison, dionte Mullins, navaughn Donaldson, Trevor darling, duke johnson, shaq quarterman, Mike Pinckney and many more

Best CB in 2019 , thought he had a real good relationship with Rumph , does anybody know what the cause for this is ?

Advertisement
This is the down side of bringing in 7 DB studs in the '18 class.

Last edited:
This was expected he committed way to early in the process, we will still be in the running still so I'm not concerned, let him enjoy the process.

Advertisement
Definitely sucks. But if we get the kids we think we're going to get in 2018, I can understand why Dent would want to look at his options. But I would hope that the allure of playing at home in front of his friends and family for a staff that churns out NFL DBs will overcome his depth chart concerns.

The trouble with committing early is you get less attention from schools. These kids then see their friends getting more attention than them so they decommit to get back in the spotlight.

Advertisement
The trouble with committing early is you get less attention from schools. These kids then see their friends getting more attention than them so they decommit to get back in the spotlight.

This is definitely not true. The attention is there whether you're committed or not.

Dent stated recently that he liked the fact that we were getting elite DBs and he wants to compete with the best......

Advertisement
Back