2019 4-Star DB Jaden Davis- "I like the fact that they treat me as one of the family, not just a recruit.”

Advertisement
I dont know why you keep telling me these things. I UNDERSTAND WHATS BEEN REPORTED AND WHAT A CAMP OR TWO ETC LISTED HIM AS. Ive also been stuck going to camps & helping people throw camps for far too long to know nothing about that is set in stone. Until the opening in oregon they all have varying ways they collect stats like that & thats all im saying. Honestly it is what it is to me though.

I dont know why you keep telling me these things. I UNDERSTAND WHATS BEEN REPORTED AND WHAT A CAMP OR TWO ETC LISTED HIM AS. Ive also been stuck going to camps & helping people throw camps for far too long to know nothing about that is set in stone. Until the opening in oregon they all have varying ways they collect stats like that & thats all im saying. Honestly it is what it is to me though.
You can keep believing that the opening props up people's weights if you want. Not sure what they gain from that. Also, I'm in high school and writing because I want to. I don't get paid. Thanks for assuming that staff writer on a free message board is my career.

If he wants in take him! SERIOUS QUESTION??? Isnt this the kid that started over al blades jr last year?????

****. Maybe that’s the reason we aren’t recruiting him. Not trying to speculate but we didn’t recruit a DB last cycle beaus he didn’t get along with current commitments. As dumb as that sounds you never know.

****. Maybe that’s the reason we aren’t recruiting him. Not trying to speculate but we didn’t recruit a DB last cycle beaus he didn’t get along with current commitments. As dumb as that sounds you never know.
He said Blades is like family to him.

Advertisement
i understand what your saying but at a certain point we as fans also need to realize bandy as a lil dude IS AN EXCEPTION. Also he had the frame to put on good weight. You cant take nothing but little kids and expect to make great dbs out of them who can shut down ur average 6'2+ wr these days... thats just not being realistic & it's setting yourselves as a fanbase up for failure. Honestly it just seems half the fan base constantly just complains about what wasnt done rather than embracing what is...

I disagree to some extent. I agree you want most of your corners to be bigger, taller kids like Ivey and Frierson, but you have to have a couple that can match up with quick slot WRs. We have just 1 in Bandy and that's a problem. Remember Clemson slaughtered us in the slot when Bandy went down last season.

Jaden might be small but he has elite quicks and cover skills. I really don't see the downside in getting him and 2 of guys like Sanginetti, Dixon, Steele, etc

Advertisement
He was OFFICIALLY 166 at something thats unofficial but its the gospel for you. As i said and you seem to take it personal. Your choice if youd like to. Ill stick to thats the scrawniest 170 ive ever seen in life. On that note you have a great day & keep up the great work. Oh & by the by Thanks for the career advice from a dude who has staff member attached to his name on a message board.
Is it possible you're mistaken him with Couch? I believe he's the smallest of the 2.

I have know dawg in this debate ya'll are having but why text the kid about a debate on this thread Matthew 🤣🤣🤣

Just wondering, but is Chris Steele still coming to Paradise Camp?
I've asked Ivins online a few times and whenever Geo takes recruiting questions on Twitter I've repeatedly asked him. They both say yes that's the plan.
We just made his top 8 so I hope it happens. If he comes on campus for PC then OV later... I think we shock the world and land him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You can keep believing that the opening props up people's weights if you want. Not sure what they gain from that. Also, I'm in high school and writing because I want to. I don't get paid. Thanks for assuming that staff writer on a free message board is my career.
Now i just feel like a scumbag... 🤬🤐
@DMoney **** u with these interns! All ill say is i know the opening reports things incorrectly. Its not up or down,heights etc being done incorrectly. Its how they go about collecting things. Depending on the kids feel or people collecting info some kids will have shoes on,some shoes off,etc. All sortsnof different stuff. Some just ask the kids rather than measuring. All sorts of variables depending on places & people. Seen it personally over & over. Lastly keep at the whole journalism thing. Good luck.

My sense was Davis didn't have much interest in us. If that's changed and he's not just another Chatfield looking for an offer, then I would expect the coaches are going to take his eval seriously, line him up at Paradise against the other targets, and offer him if he distinguishes himself. From the couple of STA games I watched last year on TV, he seemed to be a Miami-caliber kid. I really liked Samuel and wish we hadn't taken so long to offer him. I hope we don't make that mistake here ... again, as long as Davis isn't just fishing for offers.

Matt, We appreciate what you do. If you want to be a public figure (which a reporter is), you need to learn to defuse conflict better, my friend. Gotta laugh this off, join the joke not get defensive. ... Dee is a good guy who also happens to be part of the program and fan base you're writing for. I'm sure you're also a good guy, but respect your audience (and "customer" ... even if you are writing for free you are gaining valuable experience.).

I disagree to some extent. I agree you want most of your corners to be bigger, taller kids like Ivey and Frierson, but you have to have a couple that can match up with quick slot WRs. We have just 1 in Bandy and that's a problem. Remember Clemson slaughtered us in the slot when Bandy went down last season.

Jaden might be small but he has elite quicks and cover skills. I really don't see the downside in getting him and 2 of guys like Sanginetti, Dixon, Steele, etc
I see what you're saying. My problem with that is it seems to be accompanied by the belief that only a lil small dude will be quick enough to play that position rather than keying on corners who arent in the mold of simply nickel or boundary etc. Id want corners that can play outside or in. Obviously i know youre not saying only a lil dude can be quick enough for that.

Dee, what's your take on Blades? Because Davis got more snaps than he did last season. And MVP at the regional Opening isn't bad. I know it's 7x7, But again, even in pads, the kid was playing at a high level. Not nearly as aggressive as Bandy. But seems like he can hang, no?

Advertisement
Back