2019 4-Star DB Jaden Davis- "I like the fact that they treat me as one of the family, not just a recruit.”

View as article
Advertisement
If your offer isn’t committable then I don’t view the staff wanting you. I view it as “ they want you if they miss on the other guys”.

Which is normal protocol, but i get kids getting rustled by that. Especially from the home team , that’s been around them and seen them more than anyone else.

Kids is a four star from a feeder school , at a position of need.

Respectfully, I think you're reading too much into the non-commit-able offer. If we get to September, then sure. But right now, they're lining up which 20-25 spots they need to prioritize, and they really don't know what they have on roster yet at CB after Thriller and Bandy. They haven't even completed their Spring eval yet IIRC, and Paradise is a couple months down the road. I mean, I get that if Sanguinetti wanted to go public as a Cane right now the coaches would take him. But really after him, who else has a hard commit offer? there's a reason they're silent, they need time to clarify their board. All JMHO.

If your offer isn’t committable then I don’t view the staff wanting you. I view it as “ they want you if they miss on the other guys”.

Which is normal protocol, but i get kids getting rustled by that. Especially from the home team , that’s been around them and seen them more than anyone else.

Kids is a four star from a feeder school , at a position of need.
Thats just not always true though.
Manny Diaz may want Jahmar Brown, Rian Davis, and Gemon Eaford really badly. But the fact is we can't just take 7 LBs in this class. The staff has determined all of them are Miami caliber, which is why they are recruiting them in the first place. But while they may want to take all of them, they can't due to scholarship numbers.
Regardless how you view it though, there is nothing wrong with the way we are handling Jaden Davis' recruitment imo.

You can keep believing that the opening props up people's weights if you want. Not sure what they gain from that. Also, I'm in high school and writing because I want to. I don't get paid. Thanks for assuming that staff writer on a free message board is my career.

I can tell you these camps put up some crap numbers for height and weight seen it first hand with a lot of kids remember they had cunningham from university school a few years ago listed as 6’2 at a camp i met the kid in person im a little over 6 ft and i was taller than the kid they do put up some crap measurable numbers at camps

Advertisement
Respectfully, I think you're reading too much into the non-commit-able offer. If we get to September, then sure. But right now, they're lining up which 20-25 spots they need to prioritize, and they really don't know what they have on roster yet at CB after Thriller and Bandy. They haven't even completed their Spring eval yet IIRC, and Paradise is a couple months down the road. I mean, I get that if Sanguinetti wanted to go public as a Cane right now the coaches would take him. But really after him, who else has a hard commit offer? there's a reason they're silent, they need time to clarify their board. All JMHO.
Im not speaking for staff when i say im not sure sanguinetti is a take either right now. I am speaking what i know when i say we have ALOT of questions about him. Not really any set position for him at this point being just one of them. Davis coverage skills are far better.

Im not speaking for staff when i say im not sure sanguinetti is a take either right now. I am speaking what i know when i say we have ALOT of questions about him. Not really any set position for him at this point being just one of them. Davis coverage skills are far better.

IMO, you always take an athlete like Sanguinetti.

If he’s not physical enough for defense, put him at receiver. If he’s tough enough for defense, you have a guy with length and ball skills.

Advertisement
Bruh you do realize the people you named the Darrell greens, buddy who played for the eagles back in the days,they are quintessential needle in the haystack. You dont discount anyone cause of size alone. But they should have to be real special (bandy IS) to come here. Im not trying to stereotype but 8 out of 10 kids match that exact description. Especially down this way. If thats all we want we should never leave the muck for that posistion. Ill take a undersized kid who chases rabbits his whole life over the rest. Just sayin

Oh I feel u; but I’m more less talking bout the nickels that can ball. Height be damned; if he got that dog and that heart w skill, I’m good w taking one....but that’s just one. Should never be more than that and they gotta have the skills to match. I don’t know nothing about this youngster, so I’m not saying he is in that mode, but I’m just saying

Last edited:
IMO, you always take an athlete like Sanguinetti.

If he’s not physical enough for defense, put him at receiver. If he’s tough enough for defense, you have a guy with length and ball skills.
Yeah his tape definitely says a lot. Best ball skills at the db position in this class In south florida and he just got invited to the opening recently too

On talent alone, I would be dumbfounded by any hesitation about Sanguinetti. He meets all the criteria. However, U School has had its share of characters, and these coaches take team culture and atmosphere seriously, so I have no issue with that as long as they don't end up with so small a pool of options that we end up taking lesser quality talent or projects in the end. No more T Martins, T Johnsons or Polendys on the team, please.

Dee, serous question, Is Diaz running the show on defense? Or is Richt heavily involved and driving the decisions?

Sanguinetti said he is waiting until the second signing day in February to announce his decision. So we just need to decide if he is the type you hold a ship for no matter who commits and signs in December.

Advertisement
On talent alone, I would be dumbfounded by any hesitation about Sanguinetti. He meets all the criteria. However, U School has had its share of characters, and these coaches take team culture and atmosphere seriously, so I have no issue with that as long as they don't end up with so small a pool of options that we end up taking lesser quality talent or projects in the end. No more T Martins, T Johnsons or Polendys on the team, please.

Dee, serous question, Is Diaz running the show on defense? Or is Richt heavily involved and driving the decisions?
Every position now except qb is a team effort. Some im sure obviously have more say so than others. Maybe even the ultimate word. But its as a staff we decide how to approach kids.

Im not saying we wouldnt take him. Im just saying theres questions about him moving forward. Most kids youre never 100% sold on. Maybe its no biggie. Personally i take him on offense and put lil richards at a duke sortve position. Move him all around to utilize mismatches.

Sanguinetti said he is waiting until the second signing day in February to announce his decision. So we just need to decide if he is the type you hold a ship for no matter who commits and signs in December.
I’m Not holding out on anyone for him IMO

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back