2019 4-Star DB Jaden Davis- "I like the fact that they treat me as one of the family, not just a recruit.”

Is it possible you're mistaken him with Couch? I believe he's the smallest of the 2.

I have know dawg in this debate ya'll are having but why text the kid about a debate on this thread Matthew 🤣🤣🤣
Nah. Kid introduced himself out at practice once after rumph introduced him previously.

Advertisement
Size is more than simply height brock. But im done with this. I see where its headed.
True, it’s whatever. I understand Those reasons in not to pursue him but imo he can play too even if he’s small. I’m fine with whatever happens tbh

Dee, what's your take on Blades? Because Davis got more snaps than he did last season. And MVP at the regional Opening isn't bad. I know it's 7x7, But again, even in pads, the kid was playing at a high level. Not nearly as aggressive as Bandy. But seems like he can hang, no?
From what ive heard (outside of just kids)there was a lil bit of politics to that. I say this but i think the kids only knock is his size overall. Has nice footwork & hips. Relatively physical for what hes working with. I dont think he has the same ceiling as al jr in the least. But take that with a grain of salt. Lil blades is the son of a man i love as a brother & id support him for whatever.

Thanks, Dee. ... IMHO, I believe you can take one smurf if you're taking 4 DBs and he's a baller. M Young and Bandy more than earned their scholarships (as did Berrios and Harley on the offensive side). And we didn't take any small guys last class despite some good options. IF (still big iff to me) Davis wants in, I think he'd be a great addition. ... FWIW, I'm in agreement on Blades' ceiling.

Advertisement
Now i just feel like a scumbag... 🤬🤐
@DMoney **** u with these interns! All ill say is i know the opening reports things incorrectly. Its not up or down,heights etc being done incorrectly. Its how they go about collecting things. Depending on the kids feel or people collecting info some kids will have shoes on,some shoes off,etc. All sortsnof different stuff. Some just ask the kids rather than measuring. All sorts of variables depending on places & people. Seen it personally over & over. Lastly keep at the whole journalism thing. Good luck.
We good bro. I'll I'm saying is he measured himself at St Thomas and at The Opening. I believe the weight but I get if you don't.

He was OFFICIALLY 166 at something thats unofficial but its the gospel for you. As i said and you seem to take it personal. Your choice if youd like to. Ill stick to thats the scrawniest 170 ive ever seen in life. On that note you have a great day & keep up the great work. Oh & by the by Thanks for the career advice from a dude who has staff member attached to his name on a message board.
ROTFLMFAO

You can keep believing that the opening props up people's weights if you want. Not sure what they gain from that. Also, I'm in high school and writing because I want to. I don't get paid. Thanks for assuming that staff writer on a free message board is my career.
In Ref to propping up weights...Happens ALL the time....

From what you've seen, does he meet that standard?
Oh I haven't seen him personally. But somebody who I trust watched him against Venice and said he's a stud.

I was just saying in general, I believe you take a 5'10" kid if he's special. I'm pretty sure every CB drafted in the 1st round this year was 5'11" or under. (I could be wrong)

Advertisement
In Ref to propping up weights...Happens ALL the time....

the Nike camp is THE BEST place for heights and weights going on 10 years plus. Im going to go with them more so than any listed from a coach there's is definately verified. Ive been following recruiting for some time and even attended the same camp in high school...its the one i go by the most.

Brooklyndee has been basing this off of an "eye test" of a kid from maybe 4-6 months ago. He's slight but not that slight as what Dee is projecting.

citaooteiqvk2je6kysd

Also started over Blades because he's flat out better in coverage. Blades has a higher ceiling and projects better in college but at the high school level he definately had better cover technique than Blades and it was nothing political about that.

I've heard the same thing as @Brooklyndee -- there was some politics involved in Davis starting over Blades.

Davis is a good player who can play here, but I have no problem with setting high physical standards at DB. This isn't like Shannon or Golden era where the cupboard is bare. Ideally, a 5'10 corner should be a special athlete with 4.4 speed and playmaking ability with the ball in his hands.

Advertisement
What Bandy, Mattheu, Finnegan, Grimes and several “undersized” DBs have taught me is don’t judge them by size. I think every recruiting class should have a nickel guy if he’s got that dog and heart in him.

What Bandy, Mattheu, Finnegan, Grimes and several “undersized” DBs have taught me is don’t judge them by size. I think every recruiting class should have a nickel guy if he’s got that dog and heart in him.

I think one every 3 or 4 years is the correct answer if Miami really is moving to more of a 425. The new defense removes the need for an undersized nickel in favor of the bigger safety who can cover in space and can play the run more effective than a 170 lb cb.

Advertisement
This whole "He took Blades spot" thing has been blown way out of proportion I think.

That said, I am not a fan of 5'9 166 lb DBs but who am I?

IF he is as good as or better then ASamuel Jr who was basically the same height and weight going into his Sr year then you take him. But I agree with Coach Macho..you only take a kid that small if he has some elite attributes. Samuel Jr had bloodlines/genes of his pops. Fiery, feisty, always around the ball and was a bulldog. That's just in him. He cant run from that and it cant be taught. (Looking at you Jhavonte Dean)

Not sure what JDavis's is though.

They say that the 6’ or taller db’s don’t grow in trees except for here in sofla.
But if you watch bandy play neither do those guys.

Brooklyndee has been basing this off of an "eye test" of a kid from maybe 4-6 months ago. He's slight but not that slight as what Dee is projecting.

citaooteiqvk2je6kysd

Also started over Blades because he's flat out better in coverage. Blades has a higher ceiling and projects better in college but at the high school level he definately had better cover technique than Blades and it was nothing political about that.
He looks solid to me! Let him cover the Honey Nut Berrios’s of the world! Let Bandy teach him the Ropes!

Advertisement
Back