2019-20 Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Advertisement
Portal Season has return ..... lol

It is like it never ended. I thought it took a break during the season but I was wrong. Hopefully, Miami uses all of its scholarships on incoming freshman and no one transfers out of the program so the grad transfer route is not needed. Just in case, we might as well stay up to date on the news.

It is like it never ended. I thought it took a break during the season but I was wrong. Hopefully, Miami uses all of its scholarships on incoming freshman and no one transfers out of the program so the grad transfer route is not needed. Just in case, we might as well stay up to date on the news.

Exactly...

To be honest have a feeling that the NCAA is going to do something about this it getting out of hand. lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Given that Miami already has 5 seniors projected for next season, I fully expect the last two scholarships for 2020 to be used on freshman bigs.

Given that Miami already has 5 seniors projected for next season, I fully expect the last two scholarships for 2020 to be used on freshman bigs.

Seriously? This staff can't recruit any freshman bigs! Which high school bigs exactly do you think this staff will be able to come here? The rest of the team will be filled with Portal guys because that is all they can get.

Seriously? This staff can't recruit any freshman bigs! Which high school bigs exactly do you think this staff will be able to come here? The rest of the team will be filled with Portal guys because that is all they can get.

It's not that they can't, they choose to focus more on guards. Part of it is recruiting and part of it is skill development of the bigs.
Adding 2 grad transfers to a roster with 5 seniors would be a terrible decision.
Also, adding two regular sit out transfers is another terrible idea since Deng Gak has had surgery on both knees and he may not contribute to the team next season. 2 sit out transfers and Gak means Miami only has 10 available players for games. That is not an option.
Cliff Omoruyi, Dylan Cardwell and Daniel Batcho are three high school seniors who have Miami on their final list. Miami has to land 2 of those 3 guys. Cliff is the best of the group and he could potentially start as a freshman but then the question is will Coach L start two freshman next season.

Advertisement
Back