2019-20 Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Advertisement
He's salivating too. Mostly because he looks like he hasn't eaten in 2 weeks.

Yeah it seems like he'd rather be a lanky wing than a well built forward. He looks pretty much the same body wise as in high school. If he's effective without the extra weight I can't complain.

Also I think UCF may be a player here considering he wants to close to his hometown and UCF is a 20 min car ride away vs the 4 hr drive from Coral Gables. Miami is still much closer than Oregon, but UCF is a school to watch in this recruitment.

Good point. UCF does have one scholarship left so they would be the closest school to Sanford, FL.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Well **** me sideways I really thought we were looking good for him. Now we've entirely run out options and I'm down again on the team being that much better. I understand it's right next to his home but come on man. UCF has put one relevant player into the NBA ever, and that was because of his height alone. Just doesn't make sense to me.

In fairness to CJ Walker, he said from the beginning that his transfer was about being closer to home so he could be close to an ailing family member.
He did not prolong the situation by posting a list of schools he has been in contact with or a final list of schools he is considering.
He has quickly committed to the school closest to Sanford, FL.
He keep his word and I commend him for that. I don't wish him any bad luck but I pray his family is made whole as I wish him good success.
I look forward to seeing him play against Miami when UCF comes to the Watsco Center.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is the Canes hoops board upset about Walker? Not going to lie when I saw him announce his transfer I thought this was lay up for us.

Is the Canes hoops board upset about Walker? Not going to lie when I saw him announce his transfer I thought this was lay up for us.

Far more upset about the fact that him committing to UCF likely means we aren't using all 13 scholarships again. Walker oozes potential, but considering how much of a non-factor he was at Oregon, the floor is pretty low.

If we could somehow find a legit center for the 13th spot, I'd forget about Walker completely. Since there's basically no chance that's gonna happen, yeah, I'm a little mad.

His decision was far bigger than basketball. If it was strictly a basketball decision then I may feel some type of way. However, he said from the beginning that he wanted to be close to home due to an ailing family member.

Let's put it in this perspective. If you had an ailing family member, would you rather be 35 minutes away or 4 hours away?

Just to clarify, this is not a personal attack at you or anyone else. I cannot be mad at CJ for his decision because if I was in his situation, I would have done the same thing.

Anyone who thinks differently has some issues with their morals and values.

Advertisement
Back