2019-20 Schedule

Other schools are already scheduling games for next season. I hope Miami does not wait until the last minute to create another weak non-conference schedule like last season.

My recommendations:

Home games: FIU, UNF, UCF, Georgetown, Temple
Road games: FAU, FGCU, USF, Maryland, Penn State
Charleston Classic: St Joseph's, UCONN, Florida (championship game)
Orange Bowl Classic: Florida (wishful thinking because that is too easy)
HoopHall Classic: Kansas or Utah State (preseason top 25 team)

Last edited:
Advertisement
20 ACC games, the Thanksgiving tourney, plus the ACC Bog 10 challenge, I'm not too concerned about the strength of our schedule. Our home ACC schedule will be MUCH better than last years.

Advertisement
Garbage. Blake James is a moron. Why would you agree to have a team, that will have at least 4 new guys joining the roster play their first game against a legitimate squad? WHY? What does Miami get out of this? I know someone is going to say "The ACC Network needs programming". I don't see Duke playing UNC on opening night. I don't see Louisville playing NC State on opening night. Miami has an incompetent moron running the show. I know L is beside himself right now. Even if Miami wins, the win does nothing, because people are going to say "It was opening night". If Miami loses, it could be a big time set back, just because the team will be brand spanking new.
As others have told you, it's ACC-mandated. All about kicking off the new ACC TV Network. Also, with 20 conference games this season (and from now on), two fewer patsies on the schedule.

As others have told you, it's ACC-mandated. All about kicking off the new ACC TV Network. Also, with 20 conference games this season (and from now on), two fewer patsies on the schedule.

Remember with 15 teams in the ACC, there will be atleast 2 periods during the season where there are 7 days between games not including the exam period. Miami should definitely find an opponent during those periods but I agree with you, not a patsy.

Remember with 15 teams in the ACC, there will be atleast 2 periods during the season where there are 7 days between games not including the exam period. Miami should definitely find an opponent during those periods but I agree with you, not a patsy.
This isn’t a bad thing! A few extra days sprinkled into conference play helps you rest your legs, and (if you actually have a full complement of players) get some work on the practice court for the coaches to correct any issues that have cropped up.

Advertisement
This isn’t a bad thing! A few extra days sprinkled into conference play helps you rest your legs, and (if you actually have a full complement of players) get some work on the practice court for the coaches to correct any issues that have cropped up.

I agree. Coaches could always use the extra time to take a recruiting visit to watch a high school game or two. Then again, it depends on how good your team is playing as you may want the game to keep the momentum rolling.

My schedule recommendations:

Home games: FAU, UNF, USF, Georgetown, Temple
Road games: FIU, FGCU, UCF, Maryland, Penn State
HoopHall Classic: Utah State (preseason top 25 team)

Does anyone think that schedule is "too hard"? I have four games against preseason ranked team (Georgetown, Maryland, Florida and Utah State) which should be good for the NET rankings. Games against states schools (FIU, FAU, UNF, FGCU) and state schools that played in a post season tournament last year (UCF and USF). Also, we have games against teams in areas the coaches recruit in (Maryland-DMV and Penn State-Pennsylvania). I think this is a very good schedule.

Last edited:

C'mon Miami. Give the fans something good to support.

UF has a road game at Butler. I assume this is part of a home and home?

I am not sure why we can't get a similar deal with a good mid major (Butler, Wichita State, Creighton, Murray State, etc).

Would be a lot more exciting and challenging than the SC Updates and Bethune Cookman's we always clog our December schedule with.

Advertisement
UF has a road game at Butler. I assume this is part of a home and home?

I am not sure why we can't get a similar deal with a good mid major (Butler, Wichita State, Creighton, Murray State, etc).

Would be a lot more exciting and challenging than the SC Updates and Bethune Cookman's we always clog our December schedule with.

I agree. I picked Utah State as my good mid major game since they should be ranked in the top 25 and they will probably win the Mountain West conference.

Even if you cannot get a home and home with Florida then a game against Florida in the Orange Bowl Classic would be a neutral site game in Boca Raton.

I agree. I picked Utah State as my good mid major game since they should be ranked in the top 25 and they will probably win the Mountain West conference.

Even if you cannot get a home and home with Florida then a game against Florida in the Orange Bowl Classic would be a neutral site game in Boca Raton.
It wouldn't be neutral site, they'd sadly outnumber us 5 to 1. And I believe that's in Sunrise in the Panthers arena.

Advertisement

Unfortunately, Miami will not play Kansas this season in the non-conference schedule.

My schedule recommendations:

Home games: FAU, UNF, USF, Georgetown, Temple
Road games: FIU, FGCU, UCF, Maryland, Penn State
HoopHall Classic: Utah State (preseason top 25 team)

Advertisement
Back