2/8 at FSU ACCN
2/12 vs Boston College RSN
2/15 vs Wake RSN
2/19 @ Va Tech RSN
2/23 @ Notre Dame ACCN
2/29 @ Georgia Tech ACCN
3/4 vs Virginia ACCN
3/7 vs Syracuse ACCN

Opening at home on 11/5 against Louisville. The game will air on ACC Network.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Garbage. Blake James is a moron. Why would you agree to have a team, that will have at least 4 new guys joining the roster play their first game against a legitimate squad? WHY? What does Miami get out of this? I know someone is going to say "The ACC Network needs programming". I don't see Duke playing UNC on opening night. I don't see Louisville playing NC State on opening night. Miami has an incompetent moron running the show. I know L is beside himself right now. Even if Miami wins, the win does nothing, because people are going to say "It was opening night". If Miami loses, it could be a big time set back, just because the team will be brand spanking new.

Garbage. Blake James is a moron. Why would you agree to have a team, that will have at least 4 new guys joining the roster play their first game against a legitimate squad? WHY? What does Miami get out of this? I know someone is going to say "The ACC Network needs programming". I don't see Duke playing UNC on opening night. I don't see Louisville playing NC State on opening night. Miami has an incompetent moron running the show. I know L is beside himself right now. Even if Miami wins, the win does nothing, because people are going to say "It was opening night". If Miami loses, it could be a big time set back, just because the team will be brand spanking new.
It's conference mandated with the opening of the ACC Network. Everyone but Duke is opening with an ACC opponent, with Duke getting their Champions Classic matchup.

Advertisement
Overreact a bit much? This is ACC mandated as part of the new ACC network.

Also, it’s college basketball. A roster with 4 new guys is not unheard of. Rather, that’s the norm. Between guys bolting early for the draft, transfers, etc, there’s quite a bit of turnover on most rosters every year. I personally think this is great and much more exciting than playing the likes of SC upstate and Bethune cookman for a month.

I feel like you may be retarded.

Advertisement
I am cool with Miami starting the season with a Louisville team lead by mostly freshman going through a transition year. Remember, Miami has 4 exhibition games in Italy and if the coach fill out roster with 13 scholarship players, Miami should be the favorite and win the first game of the season.

I want to know what the rest of the non-conference schedule looks like. I want to see games against FIU, FAU, FGCU, UF, Georgetown, UCONN, USF, UCF, Penn State, Maryland, Temple and Kansas or Georgia in the Hoophall Classic.

I don't want to see anymore low major games against team's picked in the preseason to win their conference who don't make any post season tournament.

Miami needs to play as many Quadrant 1 teams as possible to ensure they get to the NCAA tournament next season.

GO CANES.

If this is the season where the ACC goes to 20 Conference games (up from this season's 18), there will be fewer cupcakes on everyone's schedule.

That is the theory but a team will still have 7 days between games as there are 15 teams in the conference for basketball.

You can find an opponent but you may need to get creative. Expect to see non-conference games in January and maybe February.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m wondering if the Iona neutral site game is in addition to or in lieu of the Hoophall game

Please (anyone) private message me if there is any new "prospective" schedule, even incomplete, posted anywhere. I kept up the Canes schedule last season with the locked post at the top, and since it's still active (to me) I would like to post it there with a suitable topic header, if/when available. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Back