2018 WR Kevin Austin talks Canes

View as article

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
2018 North Broward Prep WR Kevin Austin's stock has continued to rise since the end of the football season. His latest accolade is being invite to compete at the Nike Opening finals in Oregon.

“It’s such an honor,” Austin said. “Being one of the 12 guys selected out of so many guys that were here is amazing.”

Austin has been one of the more intriguing prospect this cycle, with school like Ohio St, Miami and Florida after him. While he isn’t ready to make a decision, he does have a top list of schools and there’s one aspect that all of these schools have — Academics

“Duke, Kentucky, Miami, UF, Notre Dame and Ohio St.

“Academics is a huge factor in my recruitment.”

Miami is the hometown team, but there’s one main factor besides academics that’s keeping Miami in the race — Wide Receiver Coach Ron Dugans

“I love Dugans, he’s a great coach, he’s a very spiritual guy, he’s always on his players and he’s always trying to get the best out of them,” Austin said.

“Coach Dugans is a big factor in my recruitment, I just love his attitude and the way he coaches.”

Miami has dominated on the recruiting trail in this cycle, and Austin credits one particular individual on the Miami staff — Head Coach Mark Richt.

“Miami is doing a great job on the recruiting trail, they’re bringing in a lot of local guys and guys from the Orlando area,” Austin said. “It’s a testament to Mark Richt and the way guys connect with him so well.”

Besides Miami, Duke and Notre Dame are two schools that are sticking out for the highly.

“Rich history there,” Austin said. “I like Coach Denson their running back coach -- he’s been talking to me everyday."

“The coaching staff, the facilities are beautiful and the main reason is academics,” Austin said. “Academics is a huge reason why i’m considering Duke, it’s not known for football but they’re on the rise.”

Now that Austin has a top six, when is he going to make his announcement.

“I’m most likely going to make a decision after all of my visit this summer or after my football season,” Austin said.

Advertisement
This kid knows how to separate and get open.

Please prioritize this kid and Moore.

Advertisement
“Academics is a huge factor in my recruitment.”

Get him, Dugans.

I want him more than any other WR not named Pope

but I must admit i havent seen hightower play

Advertisement
Advertisement
Seems like he's in the mold of kids like Gurvan Hall, Ahmmon Richards, Amari Carter... Hard working smart kids. Could see them all hanging at Paradise together and committing together.

Needs to speak to the WR from S Fla that wants out of ND. Didn't Cronkite also say worst decision going there. As for Duke, they already reached their apex and are plummeting. But Duke is a top academic school.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back