2018 Recruiting

Advertisement
It is simple, you stay away from these kids in 2018 and 2019.

Anyone with a taint, don't touch.

2018: Little, no thanks. Jalen Carey, what can you do?

2019: Balsa, your AAU coach is a defendant...it wasn't meant to be.

The exception, I am not even suggesting that he is dirty, is Vernon Carey Jr. With his connection to the school, you go after him.

----------------

In 2018, you take some transfers and some lower tiered kids. Maybe a JUCO. We're set to have 2 open ships before Brown and Walker decide.

In 2019, you grab Carey Jr., a transfer and some lower tiered kids (maybe a kid like Josh Watts from the same HS as Lykes).

----------------

Coach had success here without these elite kids. We made the sweet 16 twice without them. We could have went further too.

If I was Jalen Carey I'd hold off before crossing off any programs "under investigation." Every program on his list has a bulls eye on their back.

Advertisement
If I was Jalen Carey I'd hold off before crossing off any programs "under investigation." Every program on his list has a bulls eye on their back.

I was surprised that JC eliminated us before more info came out

TELLS YOU HE WASNT VERY INTERESTED

I disagree. If it were me, just hearing that a team I am considering is now under investigation by the FBI for trying to pay another recruit would be enough. I would not want people to think I was also offered money to play there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
How is it October and we still don't have a single guy committed for this class?

FBI

Little was a Miami lean. Not surprised he went to UNC after he eliminated us and Zona.

Jalen Carey also committed to the Cuse.

Sucks that we lost our 2 main targets to ACC rivals because of this FBI probe.

I agree. People say he was Zona/UNC but in his interview discussing his top 5 he was most positive about us. It was generally positive for all teams, but we were the only one he didn't give a perfunctory answer for. Most of the others were "yeah, this school is great, I have a good relationship with coach."

We had a solid shot on goal with Jalen Carey, family got spooked immediately after the FBI news broke. Dad told me he was torn right up until then, sounded like we had a slight edge too.
Little we also had a great shot with....until Nike topped adidas' offer....JK

Bey and Ayala both are waiting to hear more but if they want to sign in November we may run out of time.

FBI royally screwed us.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Well. As this drags on, our chances go down with everyone.

Unfortunately, exoneration won't undue the damage already done.

Well. As this drags on, our chances go down with everyone.

Unfortunately, exoneration won't undue the damage already done.

No, let's hope it's resolved before the spring signing date and a kid or two falls our way and aggressively pursue the transfer market

Can someone summarize a list of targets we still have on our board who are uncommitted? If this FBI probe continues to drag on, I'm thinking this class may be JUCO and transfer heavy.

Advertisement
Back