2018 Pass Rush

Has anyone brought up our lack of depth at DT? I feel like this is an important point that no one is talking about

Advertisement
"first round talent", among other hyperbolic statements gets thrown around here like people don't actually know what the combination of words mean.

As usual, you jump in to **** on this team.

We actually do have 1st rd talents at DE, that's not hyperbole. Go whine somewhere else

Has anyone brought up our lack of depth at DT? I feel like this is an important point that no one is talking about

No. We have Willis. That's basically the same thing as being stacked with nine 5-stars in the rotation at DT.

"first round talent", among other hyperbolic statements gets thrown around here like people don't actually know what the combination of words mean.

Lol if you don’t think Garvin, jjack, and mike Jackson aren’t first round talents, you’re slow. Willis has first round talent too but his personal issues will probably scare teams off and he’ll fall to the third probably.

Advertisement
Looking at our D-Line, I actually think that this years team will be even better. Jackson and Garvin with an extra year of training will be better than CT9 and Trent Harris who had a lot of pass rush attempts. Rousseau- if the spring is any indication should be as good or better than Garvins freshman year. On the j terror Willis, Bethel and Silvera actually may have more pass rush upside than McIntosh and Norton.

While we will miss them because of their experience, I feel that this years unit will be more productive.
Purely speculative on your part. Scrimmage and practice not playing a real game. We will find out against LSU.

I think the people talking about us missing Toolbox are seriously underrating DJax. Love Trent but he wasn't even drafted. DJax can do exactly what TT did and more. Not a knock on TT but I just like DJax that much.

Now who we are going to miss is Norton because it remains to be seen if Ford is ready yet. If he is, then Norton will be an afterthought. If not..****. Things could get ugly if that Tito kid isn't serviceable.

The people saying Garvin and JJax aren't a major upgrade over Chad/TT are probably the same people who said back in 2001 that McDougle and Andrew Williams weren't upgrades over Jamaal Green and Quincy Hipps. Different type of beasts that we are unleashing this year.

Garvin and Joe Jackson are gonna be a problem on passing downs, pockets collapsing all year long.... Should be a good amount of 'clean up' sacks for the DTs....

Garvin and Joe Jackson are gonna be a problem on passing downs, pockets collapsing all year long.... Should be a good amount of 'clean up' sacks for the DTs....

That will only happen if the inside guys do their job, too. The front 4 as a unit has to play well, or the DEs won't get to the QB as often as they should.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back