2018 OT John Campbell (Commits!)

He looked ok at the Rivals 5 star challenge. Scaife looked more powerful playing tackle than JC did playing tackle. I would take the commit, but I think he is maybe 3 years away. Should see significant time by hid RS SO year.

I agree with tis. He's a kid with potential, but not a game ready guy.

Advertisement
Most lineman aren't game ready. Only the elite can come in and play day one. Those aren't abundant. He still has his senior year plus a redshirt year before he would ever need to see the field at Miami. He would be a solid take.

He looked ok at the Rivals 5 star challenge. Scaife looked more powerful playing tackle than JC did playing tackle. I would take the commit, but I think he is maybe 3 years away. Should see significant time by his RS SO year.

I agree with this. Maybe 2 years away. But, the thing is he has the feet that can't be taught and clearly has the frame to add significant size and power without losing his athleticism. The result 2 years from now could be a very good starting LT

Just a quick tid bit of information I received from a friend. My friend's son will be a freshman at DP this year. The football team is working out in the mornings. I was told his son overheard Campbell talking about his recruitment and trip to Miami. He said Florida is leading right now. We will see what camp he goes to when July comes. Nick Smith from DP chose Florida last year and he is tight with Campbell so we will see if that has any affect.

Highly doubtful sir

Advertisement
Brad Cecil is not only good , he's MEAN./ Make no doubt he should be working at the I-Hop with all the pancakes he makes...After he cakes a player then he tops it of with every pound of his body...Just MEAN.. It's what's missing with our current O-linemen

If this last class of OL tells us anything, Searels, Brown and Richt know how to evaluate OL. Plus, Scaife and Reed are pancaking 4/5-star DL at invitational camps. So if our coaches like J Campbell, he's the goods.

I was very happy with out OL class last year but how is that statement true in any way shape or form for a class yet to go through it's first fall practice?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back