2018 OT John Campbell (Commits!)

He has an athletic tackle. He'll need to put on weight, but that' fine. This is what Gus is for - put good weight on these guys. He'll need a red shirt, but I'm more than happy with the pick up. Welcome to the U!

Advertisement
So do we take one more ot or call it a day?
I would hope we handle it how we're handling the WR situation...

We have 3 studs at the spot now, we can sit comfortable for awhile before we go all-in on any 4th guy.

We can pick & chose instead of settling, so I think we wait and make a later push in the season for a recruit while keeping the 3 we got locked in.

So do we take one more ot or call it a day?
I would hope we handle it how we're handling the WR situation...

We have 3 studs at the spot now, we can sit comfortable for awhile before we go all-in on any 4th guy.

We can pick & chose instead of settling, so I think we wait and make a later push in the season for a recruit while keeping the 3 we got locked in.

I'd prefer another tackle but I haven't got ahold of Richt lately. But I agree , no need to reach at this point. If a stud tackle wants in then take him....if not, just move on to next year.

I wanted to post a quick update on Campbell. I know most including myself have viewed him more as a project with good size and frame to grow into. I watched him play last year several times and was not that blown away. A friend of mine who is a major Gator Fan and a very tough critic told me he watched Campbell dominate Osceola High School last week. Hopefully this guy can continue to elevate his play and when Gus gets a hold of him.....lookout. Vaughn, Gaynor, Hebert, Reed, Scaife, Campbell, Hillery and Dykstra sounds pretty good.

Advertisement
I wanted to post a quick update on Campbell. I know most including myself have viewed him more as a project with good size and frame to grow into. I watched him play last year several times and was not that blown away. A friend of mine who is a major Gator Fan and a very tough critic told me he watched Campbell dominate Osceola High School last week. Hopefully this guy can continue to elevate his play and when Gus gets a hold of him.....lookout. Vaughn, Gaynor, Hebert, Reed, Scaife, Campbell, Hillery and Dykstra sounds pretty good.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to some updates and highlights from his game tonight against Lingard.

Advertisement
He is still maturing and since his Nike Camp back in February of this year he has developed some more and is now playing at 6-5/291.

Advertisement
He is still maturing and since his Nike Camp back in February of this year he has developed some more and is now playing at 6-5/291.

2 years ago he was playing round 260 and now a quality 290 at a legit Nike 6-5. He will be just fine when he arrives here at about 300 and our S&C Staff will develop him further.

Advertisement
[TWEET]942453814543683585[/TWEET]
Check the date I first posted this thread

That's great news.

Looks like Emperor Haile Selassie LCE...are my old eyes deceiving me?
Close, but a generation before H.I.M.

It's Gebre (Gabra) Selassie, he was a High ranking Tigray Governor under Menelik II of the Aksum Empire in the late 1880/90's early 1900's.

That's great news.

Looks like Emperor Haile Selassie LCE...are my old eyes deceiving me?
Close, but a generation before H.I.M.

It's Gebre (Gabra) Selassie, he was a High ranking Tigray Governor under Menelik II of the Aksum Empire in the late 1880/90's early 1900's.

Ahh...then he was most likely in that position during the Battle of Adowa. I think I may have written something about him long ago (early 90s) when I wrote a paper on that topic in graduate school.

Advertisement
Back