2018 OT John Campbell (Commits!)

I don't want him.
Give me Scaife, Dunlap, Reed, and maybe Barnes and I'm cool.

Those guys are all guards and Barnes has UF leading. We need to bring one tackle in and IMO he's our best shot at one at the moment unless there is prospects under the radar we don't know about that we lead for, but only the staff would know that.

From what I've seen he just ins't very good though. And we got 3 guys that can play Tackle last class - Donaldson, Hillery, and Herbert.
And Barnes is a OT. I think we get 3 or maybe 4 as a max OL this class. What makes Campbell more of an OT than Reed? the fact that he's an inch taller? I think Reed can play OT.
You're judging him based on drills at camp... His tape in actual games is what makes him one of the best OL's in the state.

You guys gotta stop confusing yourselves with minutia extrapolations & focus on what actually matters, his film is what got him an offer, not drills at an Opening.

Campbell is good & has a ton of upside, if he wants to come to Miami the staff will take him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't want him.

Those guys are all guards and Barnes has UF leading. We need to bring one tackle in and IMO he's our best shot at one at the moment unless there is prospects under the radar we don't know about that we lead for, but only the staff would know that.

From what I've seen he just ins't very good though. And we got 3 guys that can play Tackle last class - Donaldson, Hillery, and Herbert.
And Barnes is a OT. I think we get 3 or maybe 4 as a max OL this class. What makes Campbell more of an OT than Reed? the fact that he's an inch taller? I think Reed can play OT.

I know Barnes is an OT, and a Reed is 6'3 323...Campbell is 6'5 and really lengthy

I don't want him.

I know Barnes is an OT, and a Reed is 6'3 323...Campbell is 6'5 and really lengthy

based on these camps height/weight measurements, campbell is just as likely to be 6'3" as Reed is.
Watching his HL tape I thought he was decent. Nothing spectacular. I also don't know what his competition is like. But also after watching him in camps, he was ******* awful. Like the worst OL performances I've seen at a camp bad. He just got dominated every time.
Plus I'm sure theres guys we are recruiting that I don't know about.

I don't want him.

based on these camps height/weight measurements, campbell is just as likely to be 6'3" as Reed is.
Watching his HL tape I thought he was decent. Nothing spectacular. I also don't know what his competition is like. But also after watching him in camps, he was ****ing awful. Like the worst OL performances I've seen at a camp bad. He just got dominated every time.

Stop. If you're questioning a kid's competition that plays for Dr. Phillips High in Orlando, where Ha-Ha Clinton Dix played AND just played Southridge in the 8A title game then you really shouldn't be commenting on the kid

Last edited:
I don't want him.

Watching his HL tape I thought he was decent. Nothing spectacular. I also don't know what his competition is like. But also after watching him in camps, he was ****ing awful. Like the worst OL performances I've seen at a camp bad. He just got dominated every time.

There's also probably a lot of things the coaches from Alabama, Miami, OSU, UGA,LSU, etc see in him that you don't.

Funny that you mention us having Herbert at tackle as a reason why he's not worthy to you. Have you seen Herbert's tape? I think he's a prospect with talent, but he gets smoked at tackle a lot. Seems you're just a little off and just trying to save face

Advertisement
I don't want him.

Watching his HL tape I thought he was decent. Nothing spectacular. I also don't know what his competition is like. But also after watching him in camps, he was ******* awful. Like the worst OL performances I've seen at a camp bad. He just got dominated every time.
Competition?? Lmaooo smh...

Kid plays for one of the best 8A schools in FLA & held his own in a State championship game vs a loaded Southridge Defensive Line that has 4 D1 players on it.

Like I said, if you're judging everything off of Camp drills then you simply don't know what you're talking about.

There's also probably a lot of things the coaches from Alabama, Miami, OSU, UGA,LSU, etc see in him that you don't.

Funny that you mention us having Herbert at tackle as a reason why he's not worthy to you. Have you seen Herbert's tape? I think he's a prospect with talent, but he gets smoked at tackle a lot. Seems you're just a little off and just trying to save face

nowhere did i say he's not a take because we got herbert. I said we got 3 guys last class that can play OT. because I had said I think we get 3 ol this class with a max of 4 and named a few guys: Scaife, Dunlap, Reed, and Barnes and someone commented saying all those guys are Guards.

and again I said I don't know what his competition is like. I've never claimed that it was bad or good, just that I literally had no idea who they play. I don't keep up with South Florida high schools, sue me.
All I know is i watched his tape and didn't come away impressed. Then I watched the camp videos and he ******* sucked. You guys can talk all you want about how camps dont meant ****, and for the most part I agree, but this kid got ******* worked the entire time while his peers did well. You can't go to a camp and be a highly touted player and just sick. He didn't win or even tie a single rep. Meanwhile Barnes looked legit, and on his tape looks like he clears big holes. I don't see that with Campbell.

nowhere did i say he's not a take because we got herbert. I said we got 3 guys last class that can play OT. because I had said I think we get 3 ol this class with a max of 4 and named a few guys: Scaife, Dunlap, Reed, and Barnes and someone commented saying all those guys are Guards.

and again I said I don't know what his competition is like. I've never claimed that it was bad or good, just that I literally had no idea who they play. I don't keep up with South Florida high schools, sue me.
All I know is i watched his tape and didn't come away impressed. Then I watched the camp videos and he ****ing sucked. You guys can talk all you want about how camps dont meant ****, and for the most part I agree, but this kid got ****ing worked the entire time while his peers did well. You can't go to a camp and be a highly touted player and just sick. He didn't win or even tie a single rep. Meanwhile Barnes looked legit, and on his tape looks like he clears big holes. I don't see that with Campbell.

I also prefer Barnes. I just think you're initial stance on Campbell came off as over the top and silly, all things considered. You made some strange assertions re the OL recruiting.

Additionally, Dr. Phillips is not in South Florida. It's in Orlando

“I should be at Miami on Wednesday until Saturday,” he said. “They’re a great coaching staff. Coach Dugans, coach Searls, and coach Richt show great energy and bring a lot to the table.

"They’ve been dong really well recruiting since they got Lorenzo Lingard. A lot more top recruits are thinking about going there because they think they have a chance to win in the next few years. They’re working hard to recruit me."

“Florida shows great energy too,” Campbell said. “There is a family feel there. They say I could play early. I’ll have a chance to compete for a starting position when I would get there. I’m close with coach Seider, coach Davis and coach Mac.

“I’m not sure about my next visits,” he said. “I’m definitely going to be taking my five official visits. Those might come during the season.”

Advertisement
At Orlando Nike Combine back in February he was measured at a legit 6-5 and 284.....had a decent vertical of 22.4" and a power ball throw of 40'.....did not participate in the 40 or short shuttle.

At Orlando Nike Combine back in February he was measured at a legit 6-5 and 284.....had a decent vertical of 22.4" and a power ball throw of 40'.....did not participate in the 40 or short shuttle.

he got worked at that camp in the highlights, apparently did much better at the rivals camp this weekend

he got worked at that camp in the highlights, apparently did much better at the rivals camp this weekend

Understand he had some type of leg injury the extent I do not know hence he did not run the 40 or short shuttle.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Was this kid there at the same time when the class of 2020 pair from Orange Park got offers today?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back