2018 OT John Campbell (Commits!)

I like Campbell and we still need 3 top tier OL.
We should be in line to get at least 4-5 OL's for 2018...

Delone Scaife & John Campbell are two great OL's, and there's more like Nick Petit-Frere, Ed Montilus, Richard Gouraige, Qadir White, Casey Holman & a bunch others who will all be on our board.

I'm thinking we need a strong 6 or 7 guys.

I was thinking 5 off top, but then I thought maybe we could use a few more to find one blocking TE and one Njoku! I also think we really need to land 3 top CB's at minimum and 2 more RB's. I see burns being injured his whole career. I saw Mark Walton leaving after next year if he has another strong year. RB's should only stay in college 3 years too much wear and tear on their bodies.

Advertisement
Merry Christmas and happy healthy holiday wishes to you and your families, [MENTION=8073]CarolCityHigh[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION]. Thanks for all you guys do to educate us on what's going on. You guys make a big difference on the board all the time.

MANY THANKS AND BEST TO ALL YOUR KIN!!!!!

Last edited:
[TWEET]830599544949899264[/TWEET]
This kid has blown up with offers this offseason...

Advertisement
We're losing 4 OL to graduation. Plus we still have Mahoney, Jahair, and Milo clogging up the depth charts. Unless these three actually become serviceable, we need as many OL as we can get. 5 would be my target.

Here is a 2019 kid that is going to be speical. As a true freshman started at LT. His body composition for that age for an OL-man was something.

Original post was by 1953 some time back--
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...ear-ocala-fo/104693?highlight=Michael+Tarquin

Michael Tarquin ...OL ...19... FL ..Trinity Catholic -Ocala area-..started as a freshman, has pretty good technique now, solid body composition, has a bit of a mean streak. Was a legit 6-4 at Orlando Nike 11 months ago. Now listed at 6-5/2780 and 15 years old

Nike Combine Orlando February 2016...6-4 /265...(no-40)...(no-SS)... 32 (PB)...(no vert)
Michael Tarquin - Hudl
Great work fam... I've heard that Tarquin kid was a really good prospect.

LibertyCity, CarolCity and maybe 1953 ought to get together and post on the hidden talent around the state

Then it wouldn't be hidden any longer.

Advertisement
He's my roommates first cousin. Their family are big Miami fans, I may go down to Florida for spring break with my roommate if I do I'll for sure see him

[HUDL]video/3/5283625/583463a6dfd8b905a80b5d9b[/HUDL]

John Campbell, Dr. Phillips, Offensive Tackle

6'5 280lbs kid from Dr. Phillips, good prototypical size for an OT & is a good athlete.

Has nice footwork, needs to work on his technique some, I think he's a little too high off the snap, but I like his hand placement & his fight at the line... You're not going to bull rush this kid, even if you tried.

Held his own in the 8A State Title game vs Southridge, the best DL in Dade & one of the best DL's in the country.

Doesn't have a bunch of offers yet, but does have one from FSU & is being recruited by Trickett.
He's kid we definitely need to be on his Senior year... Hope he gets an invite to Paradise this Summer.

Good find! here is a kid I have monitored for the past 10 months or so. Limited offers so far. carries very little fat and long armed.

Nike Combine Orlando February 2016…Brad Cecil.. OL.. 18.. FL.. Bartram Trail..
6-3.5(h)... 275(wt)...5.56(40)...5.36(SS)...28.3(vert)...65.25(SPARQ)..good vertical for size-shows explosion.
Now listed at 6-4/285

Brad Cecil - Hudl

Good natural knee bender, can get low, moves laterally well and keeps his feet under him. Does not quit on plays after his block is made looks to go after another payer and has a defensive attitude.Good strong hands with a good "pop" in them Low base is strong claims a 480 squat and 325 bench.
Looks like a really nice Guard prospect. Maybe RT. Good find.

Here is a 2019 kid that is going to be speical. As a true freshman started at LT. His body composition for that age for an OL-man was something.

Original post was by 1953 some time back--
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...ear-ocala-fo/104693?highlight=Michael+Tarquin

Michael Tarquin ...OL ...19... FL ..Trinity Catholic -Ocala area-..started as a freshman, has pretty good technique now, solid body composition, has a bit of a mean streak. Was a legit 6-4 at Orlando Nike 11 months ago. Now listed at 6-5/2780 and 15 years old

Nike Combine Orlando February 2016...6-4 /265...(no-40)...(no-SS)... 32 (PB)...(no vert)
Michael Tarquin - Hudl
Great work fam... I've heard that Tarquin kid was a really good prospect.

LibertyCity, CarolCity and maybe 1953 ought to get together and post on the hidden talent around the state
They're probably 3 of my favorite posters on this or any site I've taken part in. They're like the 6' 6" 330 pound Tackle with no extra fat and rarely smiles. Just straight f'in business.

Advertisement
We're losing 4 OL to graduation. Plus we still have Mahoney, Jahair, and Milo clogging up the depth charts. Unless these three actually become serviceable, we need as many OL as we can get. 5 would be my target.

5 is too many. I expect us to take 3. We took 5 last cycle in anticaption of losing 4 to graduation after 2017

Advertisement
I don't want him.
Give me Scaife, Dunlap, Reed, and maybe Barnes and I'm cool.

Those guys are all guards and Barnes has UF leading. We need to bring one tackle in and IMO he's our best shot at one at the moment unless there is prospects under the radar we don't know about that we lead for, but only the staff would know that.

I get the feeling that we have a much better shot at Campbell than we do Barnes. Campbell has a lot of really good offers so I'm more than cool with it.

I don't want him.
Give me Scaife, Dunlap, Reed, and maybe Barnes and I'm cool.

Those guys are all guards and Barnes has UF leading. We need to bring one tackle in and IMO he's our best shot at one at the moment unless there is prospects under the radar we don't know about that we lead for, but only the staff would know that.

From what I've seen he just ins't very good though. And we got 3 guys that can play Tackle last class - Donaldson, Hillery, and Herbert.
And Barnes is a OT. I think we get 3 or maybe 4 as a max OL this class. What makes Campbell more of an OT than Reed? the fact that he's an inch taller? I think Reed can play OT.

Advertisement
Back