2018 O-line updates

No possible way we take less than 4....

Really? With what are numbers need to be in other positions I don't see how you can fit four in on the OL. This class is going be hard enough to get to 25.

We better find a way. We're losing 2 starters and 2 backups. Otherwise we could be looking at Mahoney, Bilo, Tre Johnson, and Jahair Jones rotating in.

If those freshmen come in and start taking lunches like we think they are...a guy like Jahir Jones will be asked to move on. He came in as a JUCO and I am pretty sure he graduates in the summer. No need to keep him around. Milo is on the clock too. No need in keeping dead weight around if Herbert and Donaldson jump them on the depth chart.

I agree with you. Personally I don't think we're ever going to get much out of Milo.

Still progressing, he's only a redshirt sophmore coming up this year. Some guys take more developmental time to get where they need to be. He's easily the 3rd best out of the ol group we signed in 2015 with St. Louis and gauthier ahead of him

Advertisement
Really? With what are numbers need to be in other positions I don't see how you can fit four in on the OL. This class is going be hard enough to get to 25.

We better find a way. We're losing 2 starters and 2 backups. Otherwise we could be looking at Mahoney, Bilo, Tre Johnson, and Jahair Jones rotating in.

If those freshmen come in and start taking lunches like we think they are...a guy like Jahir Jones will be asked to move on. He came in as a JUCO and I am pretty sure he graduates in the summer. No need to keep him around. Milo is on the clock too. No need in keeping dead weight around if Herbert and Donaldson jump them on the depth chart.

I agree with you. Personally I don't think we're ever going to get much out of Milo.

Still progressing, he's only a redshirt sophmore coming up this year. Some guys take more developmental time to get where they need to be. He's easily the 3rd best out of the ol group we signed in 2015 with St. Louis and gauthier ahead of him

Milo isnt that good and never has been. He was hyped up because a site had him as a 4 star and he was kaaya teammate.

I want to believe you. He will have his chance in Spring ball to prove us wrong. If he is still being thrown around like a rag doll in his 3rd year..time to give him a one way ticket back to Cali and let him go to San Diego St or something.

We need 4 OL in this class. We have 16 OL now and have 4 guys with expiring eligibility, another non-contributor in J.Jones that should be able to graduate and move on and 2 to 3 guys that probably aren't Miami caliber and could move on. Even if those 2-3 stay on, that would leave us with 11 OL, easily leaving room for 4 new recruits

Advertisement
Gonna need some attrition.

A lot. Only room for about 15 right now. There is about 11 redshirt juniors on the roster and possible guys who could leave early for nfl are walton, mcintosh, norton, and willis. After spring ball they need to start pushing some guys out.

I agree; I was going for 25 or so simply because the class is so stacked. No doubt that a lot of folks will be asked to move on, plus we could lose a number of underclassmen.

Advertisement

A lot. Only room for about 15 right now. There is about 11 redshirt juniors on the roster and possible guys who could leave early for nfl are walton, mcintosh, norton, and willis. After spring ball they need to start pushing some guys out.

Trayone Gray
Darrell Langham
Terry McCray
Mike Smith
Ryan Mayes

After this year the above Redshirt Juniors should be thankful with the University of Miami for spending 4 years of their lives getting over $ 200k in private education. Good luck in your new endeavors and welcome to the alumni association!

Trayone Gray
Darrell Langham
Terry McCray
Mike Smith
Ryan Mayes

After this year the above Redshirt Juniors should be thankful with the University of Miami for spending 4 years of their lives getting over $ 200k in private education. Good luck in your new endeavors and welcome to the alumni association!

Add jahair jones. Owens will have a decision to make too. And rosier and dayall harris will have decisions to make if they can't get on the field this year. Hayden mahoney is only a sophmore but he will never play here.

Asked to leave/graduate/transfer:

Mayes
Henley
Knowles
McCray
Choc Gray
Jahair Jones
Mahoney
Milo
Langham
Dayall Harris
1-2 QBs

Early NFL or kicked out:
Willis
Norton
McIntosh
Walton
Haskins
Wright

Advertisement

Mayes
Henley
Knowles
McCray
Choc Gray
Jahair Jones
Mahoney
Milo
Langham
Dayall Harris
1-2 QBs

Early NFL or kicked out:
Willis
Norton
McIntosh
Walton
Haskins
Wright

Wright and Haskins are going to be a Sophmore and Rs Frosh next year respectively. They're not going pro, nor can they if they wanted to.

I could see us taking 3 OL this year.

2 OGs and 1 OT.

To keep balance and depth I think 3-4 OL a year should be standard.

Mayes
Henley
Knowles
McCray
Choc Gray
Jahair Jones
Mahoney
Milo
Langham
Dayall Harris
1-2 QBs

Early NFL or kicked out:
Willis
Norton
McIntosh
Walton
Haskins
Wright

Wright and Haskins are going to be a Sophmore and Rs Frosh next year respectively. They're not going pro, nor can they if they wanted to.

He's referencing discipline issues with those two.

Advertisement
Mike Smith is Quarterman's backup at MLB. Unless one of the Frosh rip that job from him, I doubt he's going to be asked to leave. He actually played decently enough when inserted into various series throughout games this past season. I understand they can slide in Owens or maybe Pinkney in the terrible case Shaq goes down, but why bother? Smith has the experience and plays a role on the team.

I think there's available fat to trim elsewhere.

Early NFL or kicked out:
Willis
Norton
McIntosh
Walton
Haskins
Wright

You think three defensive tackles are going to leave early? A dude who can't start in college is going to forgo his senior year for the pros? I mean, it's happened before but I don't think it's likely.

Mike Smith is Quarterman's backup at MLB. Unless one of the Frosh rip that job from him, I doubt he's going to be asked to leave. He actually played decently enough when inserted into various series throughout games this past season. I understand they can slide in Owens or maybe Pinkney in the terrible case Shaq goes down, but why bother? Smith has the experience and plays a role on the team.

I think there's available fat to trim elsewhere.
Yup. Mike Smith played extensively last year and played pretty dang well all things considered.

Advertisement
Back