2018 O-line updates

No possible way we take less than 4....

Really? With what are numbers need to be in other positions I don't see how you can fit four in on the OL. This class is going be hard enough to get to 25.

We better find a way. We're losing 2 starters and 2 backups. Otherwise we could be looking at Mahoney, Bilo, Tre Johnson, and Jahair Jones rotating in.

We need 4/5 olinemen every cycle...the game is won in the trenches

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mike Smith is Quarterman's backup at MLB. Unless one of the Frosh rip that job from him, I doubt he's going to be asked to leave. He actually played decently enough when inserted into various series throughout games this past season. I understand they can slide in Owens or maybe Pinkney in the terrible case Shaq goes down, but why bother? Smith has the experience and plays a role on the team.

I think there's available fat to trim elsewhere.
Yup. Mike Smith played extensively last year and played pretty dang well all things considered.

Agreed. I remember watching a few games last year asking myself "who's the dude with the long *** dreads making tackles out there?" he actually played pretty well.

Mike Smith is Quarterman's backup at MLB. Unless one of the Frosh rip that job from him, I doubt he's going to be asked to leave. He actually played decently enough when inserted into various series throughout games this past season. I understand they can slide in Owens or maybe Pinkney in the terrible case Shaq goes down, but why bother? Smith has the experience and plays a role on the team.

I think there's available fat to trim elsewhere.

Yep. THat's why i left him out of my list.

Our LB situation is actually eeally nice. 3 stud underclassmen backed up by experienced and reliable veterans (Smith and a fully recovered Owens hopefully). 3 FR LBs waiting in the wings to provide even more depth in 2018.

Advertisement
Back