2018 Nigel Bethel, Jr.

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami staff fell in love with his game at camp last weekend and I expect an offer coming his way at corner in the near future.

He's a track guy - 10.78 100M PR, 21.57 200M PR

[HUDL]video/3/8037753/583bc4855b3cd824500142ac[/HUDL]

Advertisement
Hmmmm.... contingency plan for Campbell or would they take both?
[MENTION=4648]Pete[/MENTION]

How many Nigel Bethel, Jrs are there?

Also, how many **** corners we taking in '18?

I get the sense we should expect multiple early graduations and (grad) transfers from our current secondary corps before the 2018 season.

Advertisement
How many Nigel Bethel, Jrs are there?

Also, how many **** corners we taking in '18?

I just looked up BTW Nigel Bethel to see what he's up to nowadays. At Eastern Kentucky. Running track and playing football. Had a pretty good season. It said in his personal bio that he had like 8 siblings, one of which was Nigel Bethel III lol. Dad named two of his kids Nigel.

Edit: I have no idea if this is the same family. It just got me wondering what BTW Bethel was up to.

Hmmmm.... contingency plan for Campbell or would they take both?
[MENTION=4648]Pete[/MENTION]

They will take both.

How many spots do we have left? I love his ability but I just assumed the db spots were long gone. With no linebackers or offensive tackles and needed more at DT is it a situation that will just have to weed it self out or is there a plan where there's room for all of the needs to be met?

No way we take 8 DBs in this class.

Counting Campbell and Blades in along with the 5 committed.

Advertisement

You're right

Is Pete is trying to say someone is on the way out?
Hall
Frierson
Jobe
Ivey
Macho Man Russell

who's the odd man out?

It's either Russell, or if they get the top 7 they will pass on Bethel. In the podcast Pete was confident on all of these with Russelll sounding the "least confident"

Advertisement
Staff's doing their due diligence. Getting some backup plans in place in case someone decommits. Still a long time between now and signing day.

Advertisement

You're right
[MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] I know they're high on Ivey and Russell but would that mean 1 of them gets dropped.

Nobody is getting dropped

This is like a logic game.

We got 5 committed, and pete agrees Blades and Campbell make 7.

Pete says Bethel offer coming. Pete says no way we take 8 DBs.

Pete says no one is getting dropped.

So ... someone is moving positions, or someone is not going to qualify, or someone is going to drop us.

Let's hope Hall isn't wavering. Don't hear so much about him these days. Probably my favorite DB in the class.

Let things play out. There will be quick resolution here.

Sounds like someone's about to flip, but the staff isn't worried about it

Offering Bethel now so he can commit on the spot once the other person flips and we don't skip a beat?

Staff has to see Bethel as comparable/better than whomever the potential flip candidate is

Advertisement
Back