2018 Nigel Bethel, Jr.

Let things play out. There will be quick resolution here.

If Russell flips I would rather miami not just offer anyone to fill a spot.
Roll with
Jobe
Frierson
Ivey
Hall
Until blades and Campbell commits

Also if Russell did flip will that impact cam Davis?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Russell and Davis meeting with coaches on friday.. so i expect them to clear it up one way or the other

A Russell flip would suck, IMO. DB recruiting obviously would be fine without him. But I love his game, hope he's sticking.

Well out of the guys we have committed and the guys we are waiting on..how many are TRUE DBs? Ivey, Blades (but some say hes a better S), Campbell...Hall, Russell, and Frierson are seen as better S prospects and Jobe can go either way. So technically we only have 1 TRUE DB committed and thats Ivey. I know I am over-analyzing this but the staff must think alot of these guys can go either way.

SIDENOTE: Staff must have really just not liked Samuel Jr to offer Bethel a commitable offer but not Samuel who many on here including me thinks hes the best pure cover corner in south fla.

Advertisement
Russel flip has legs imo, his last 10 or so follows on twitter has been gator players or commits. Plus stampini(gators reporter) say some of his family prefer he leave home for college

Assuming it is Russell, does that put a question mark on Davis? I was under the impression that where one went, the other would follow.

Russel flip has legs imo, his last 10 or so follows on twitter has been gator players or commits. Plus stampini(gators reporter) say some of his family prefer he leave home for college

Has also been posting ambiguous tweets about stability and "your opinion doesn't matter" to go along with the fact that he has nothing Pro UM on his profile at all

Grasping at straws here, but if there's a flip candidate I'm also going with him unfortunately

Advertisement
Won't lose sleep over losing Russell. Wasn't it originally thought he would commit there from the beginning?

Last edited:
Won't lose sleep over losing Russell. Wasn't it originally though he would commit there from the beginning?

I've grown to like his game, but with the talent we are going to have we are going to be good either way

Assuming it is Russell, does that put a question mark on Davis? I was under the impression that where one went, the other would follow.

Think that may have been the case at first, but Cam is too close with the other dudes in my opinion

Think he sticks no matter what

Advertisement
Won't lose sleep over losing Russell. Wasn't it originally though he would commit there from the beginning?

I've grown to like his game, but with the talent we are going to have we are going to be good either way
Yea he is a good player but to me he's about as big a loss as billy gibson was which wasn't much at all

And pete if Russell flip, why in the **** would we offer Nigel bethel jr and not just change the postion we are recruiting sherwood at to safety?..... that way we can take Reese and Louis at linebacker
And have a class of

Jobe
Campbell
Hall
Blades
Frierson
Ivey
Sherwood

Linebacker
Reese
Louis

Advertisement
And pete if Russell flip, why in the **** would we offer Nigel bethel jr and not just change the postion we are recruiting sherwood at to safety?..... that way we can take Reese and Louis at linebacker
And have a class of

Jobe
Campbell
Hall
Blades
Frierson
Ivey
Sherwood

Linebacker
Reese
Louis

Probably because the staff likes him as a LB

I personally feel Russell is not as solid. I think Cam is, but not R.R. I think he's drinking the Kool-Aid provided by UFag. It's a shame b/c I like his game, but I truly feel he's the one out of the bunch that's wavering.

Advertisement
Back