2018 Nigel Bethel, Jr.

Except Bethel's coach actually talked up UF in that interview, even after what they pulled with him.

It's pretty convenient that a UF fan like yourself would leave that part out.

And lol at you calling someone else's behavior cuckish. You're a gator fan who megaposts on two different Miami message boards. I'd say you accept being a cuck pretty well

Cool.

What did UF 'pull' with him? He never had an offer. Why is that comparable to a coach saying a staff saying essentially that teams who offer late move to the back of the line? When the time comes and UF offers I'm sure they'll be at the back of the line too.

As to me being 'cuckish' whatever. Idk who you are apparently but you know enough about me to know where and how I post. Following another man around online is 'cuckish' so I guess I'll take your word and what behavior qualifies or not.

You really should read the article instead of making statements, because his coach disagrees

Literally from the interview today with Bethel's Coach:

-“Florida is recruiting him,”
-"Florida didn’t hesitate to offer him"
-"I was surprised it took Miami so long to offer."

Florida is 'recruiting' him. He's never had an offer idc what his coach says. He's likely just saving face for his kid after what happened earlier. All I know is Randy had to massage that situation. Either way not sure what gotcha moment you think you have? I've already stated if I was his coach I'd tell him to tell UF the exact same thing.

McElwain has struggled to recruit in part because of thinking he can slow play kids then swoop in at the last second. It's one of the reasons he sucks as a recruiter. Smart kids go where they're a priority.

FAU, Akron and Bowling Green offered first and made him the biggest priority. So if he's smart, according to your model, he'll go to one of those places right?

Not a one-to-one comparison, lower level schools always offer kids early, even the ones they likely have zero chance of landing, because it's their only chance to possibly get a commitment. Even if that commitment ends up being just for PR reasons.

But to answer your question, sure, why not? Circumstances matter. Miami is going to bring in an elite DB haul unlike anything that's been seen in years so unless this kid gets exponentially better he'll likely be transferring out to a school on the level of an FAU in a couple years anyway. Might as well go there from jump and get 3 years of PT. If your coaches thought he was on the level of all the guys they've already offered, well, he'd have had an offer before now and not after some other DB decommitted.

Advertisement
It seems like the DBs from Heritage are not coming. What's up with Bethel? Its been a while since his name has been mentioned. Is he going to the Paradise camp? No wisecrack comments-- just looking for answers from someone connected to BTW. Thanks.

Advertisement
It seems like the DBs from Heritage are not coming. What's up with Bethel? Its been a while since his name has been mentioned. Is he going to the Paradise camp? No wisecrack comments-- just looking for answers from someone connected to BTW. Thanks.

Yes he stated he will be at Paradise

Yes he stated he will be at Paradise

Thanks. Kid is looking to solidify the offer and vice-versa.

Shocked he hasn't committed. We need more true cbs and if one of our safeties decommit Blades would destroy people at safety .

Advertisement
This is interesting. Y'all weren't so hateful of this young mans skills last summer. I am all for taking Bethel and will root my *** off for this kid. He's a Miami kind of kid. The U was originally built on taking Miami athletes and coaching them up. He's an underdog, doubted, and cast aside just like The U. It fits. The U isn't about front runnin 5* Bluechip recruits historically. We've always struggled with those recruits compared to teams like FSU. Anyway, the coaches saw what he could do with their own eyes at cb. Doesn't matter what his offer sheet is. This is the type of Miami kid that goes to Central Michigan and then pops up in the Pro-Bowl and we scratch our head at we didn't offer.

Most importantly he has what we need most in the secondary. Speed. We still lack some speed in the back 7. He'd be right up there with Dean as the fastest DB we have at 6-1. Still haven't seen that suffocating Miami speed in a good while.

If he doesn't work out, he gets dropped in two years. Totally worth that little risk.

Maybe next cycle we can finally land those 5* dbs that have mostly evaded us since the ghost of Patrick Johnson (Peterson). The staff is working them hard, building relationships years in advance. With another ACC title run, maybe we exercise that demon. Maybe we pull a miracle and Pat Jr come this year.

Y'all are welcome to disagree, but I'll be rooting hard for this underdog no matter what happens.

Personally I don't want him, regardless what happens with Campbell or Surtain.

Shoulda recruited Asante from the jump. But I don't want to take dbs just for the sake of taking dbs. We will be fine this year without him, and next year has some studs as well.

Advertisement

Shoulda recruited Asante from the jump. But I don't want to take dbs just for the sake of taking dbs. We will be fine this year without him, and next year has some studs as well.

I do agree we should have recruited Asante from the jump. The staff wanted Bethel but not Asante. Doesn't that make you curious in regards to how impressive he was at camp at cb?

Also Bethel has the potential to be a prototype NFL CB. Asante not so much. Asante is a lot shorter and not nearly the speed.

I do agree we should have recruited Asante from the jump. The staff wanted Bethel but not Asante. Doesn't that make you curious in regards to how impressive he was at camp at cb?

Also Bethel has the potential to be a prototype NFL CB. Asante not so much. Asante is a lot shorter and not nearly the speed.

If Asante wanted to be a cane he would be. What makes you all think if this staff would've offered early, and he committed to us, that he wouldnt have turned around and flipped to FSU anyway?? He wants to be a Seminole not the staffs problem.

The staff did want Bethel over him bc of his potential. It's clear he has way more upside than Asante Samuel. As good as Asante is now he'll always be a liability no matter how perfect his cover skills are. Doesn't have a high ceiling bc of it. I want Bethel in this class, redshirt him and move on.

Advertisement

If Asante wanted to be a cane he would be. What makes you all think if this staff would've offered early, and he committed to us, that he wouldnt have turned around and flipped to FSU anyway?? He wants to be a Seminole not the staffs problem.

The staff did want Bethel over him bc of his potential. It's clear he has way more upside than Asante Samuel. As good as Asante is now he'll always be a liability no matter how perfect his cover skills are. Doesn't have a high ceiling bc of it. I want Bethel in this class, redshirt him and move on.

Yeah. I am off the "If we had showed Asante love from the getgo he would have been a Cane!" bandwagon. Kids get offers from schools they love the morning of NSD and flip without even taking a visit!

(Marcus Lewis is the most recent example. We thought we had him until Jimbo called at 8am on NSD and he jumped at the offer without even taking a OV. Ironically, hes not even at FSU anymore)

If Asante REALLY wanted to be here, he would have let bygones be bygones and been a Cane.. Ask Sheldrick Redwine.

Advertisement
Back