2018 Nigel Bethel, Jr.

Advertisement
Clearly Russell is out the door. Not sure this concerns me, save for the following:

1. Pete has been pretty adamant that the staff highly, highly values Russell in this class.
2. Does this mean that RB Davis should also be on flip watch?
3. I really hate losing recruits to UF, especially DB's. It just builds that DB U narrative they keep pumping.

Why do so many UM fans assume that UM has to take every prospect from a HS or we'll wind up with none? What is the genesis of this devout facquitry?

Clearly Russell is out the door. Not sure this concerns me, save for the following:

1. Pete has been pretty adamant that the staff highly, highly values Russell in this class.
3. I really hate losing recruits to UF, especially DB's. It just builds that DB U narrative they keep pumping.

Why do so many UM fans assume that UM has to take every prospect from a HS or we'll wind up with none? What is the genesis of this devout facquitry?

Not so sure he's a fan. He's on the OCCC suspected troll list. If OCCC is wrong then I'll owe this guy an apology.

Advertisement
I like Russell, but man I hope it's him and not G.Hall.

Hall/Campbell/and Jobe are like 1A,B,C imo...

The rest are all fine players, but I think those 3 are the cream of the crop. Surprised K.Smith wasn't the next in line though?

Not so sure he's a fan. He's on the OCCC suspected troll list. If OCCC is wrong then I'll owe this guy an apology.

GTFOH...the thought that this could impact Davis' recruitment has went through everyone's head. I think it's been reported that they are very close friends and Russell was originally trying to get Davis to commit to UF with him, but Davis wasn't having it.

Based on Davis' being so vocal about his commitment to Miami and recruiting for us (vs. Russell being fairly quiet about it), I'm not sure there is much to worry about, but it's worth the question to Pete as I'm sure he's already looked into it.

All that said, at this point I'm more concerned about USC when it comes to Davis than I am UF, and I'm not all that concerned about USC.

I like Russell, but man I hope it's him and not G.Hall.

Hall/Campbell/and Jobe are like 1A,B,C imo...

The rest are all fine players, but I think those 3 are the cream of the crop. Surprised K.Smith wasn't the next in line though?
It's not hall, pete already said that

Davis and Russell are reportedly very close, and I believe were once thought of as a package deal. It's a legit question.

Advertisement
Apparently the staff really fell in love with Bethel if they were willing to just let Russell go without a fight. According to Pete the staff really loved Bethel's speed and skill set more. This is the reality of recruiting some guys won't stick

Would be sick if Miami offered this kid tonight and got a commit on the spot. Would show they really were good with what transpired with Russell and that we aren't going to miss a beat regardless.

As long is this doesn't affect Davis' commitment, I really don't care. A DB class of the following would be absolutely insane

Safety:
Jobe
Hall
Frierson

Corner:
Ivey
Blades
Campbell
Bethel

I think I'm definitely jaded because I started following recruiting just in the last 6 years or so, but I'm not feeling confident about Campbell. All this recruiting success just seems too good to be true. Got to see it to believe it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
How many Nigel Bethel, Jrs are there?

Also, how many **** corners we taking in '18?

I just looked up BTW Nigel Bethel to see what he's up to nowadays. At Eastern Kentucky. Running track and playing football. Had a pretty good season. It said in his personal bio that he had like 8 siblings, one of which was Nigel Bethel III lol. Dad named two of his kids Nigel.

Edit: I have no idea if this is the same family. It just got me wondering what BTW Bethel was up to.

he actually may be drafted next year...all in all he had a solid college career after the punch at tx tech. and if u remember his name was Nigel Patten before the change

I hope he does. Wanted him in the class bad when he was at BTW. Plus I like seeing kids overcome their mistakes. I didn't know about his last name though. That makes it a little better lol.

Apparently the staff really fell in love with Bethel if they were willing to just let Russell go without a fight. According to Pete the staff really loved Bethel's speed and skill set more. This is the reality of recruiting some guys won't stick

Didn't pete say Russell is the exact type of recruit the staff is looking for?

Advertisement

The bolded underlined portion of his comment, strengthens my case this guy is a UF_a_g plant.

Sprinkles in pro UM stuff, but gets one of his real agenda points through, that UFakkit is still DBU.

The fact is, he should be saying this is indicative of the decline of the **** defense. Our lowest rated, easily replaceable DB commit, who we are letting go without a fight, a low 3-star box safety with questionable coverage skills, enhances DBU's brand. GTFOH with that gator bullshīt propaganda.

Last edited:

The bolded underlined portion of his comment, strengthens my case this guy is a UF_a_g plant.

Sprinkles in pro UM stuff, but gets one of his real agenda points through, that U is still DBU.

The fact is, he should be saying this is indicative of the decline of the **** defense. Our lowest rated, easily replaceable DB commit, who we are letting go without a fight, a low 3-star box safety with questionable coverage skills, enhances DBU's brand. GTFOH with that gator bullshīt propaganda.

My troll sense went off for this guy instantly.

Gilbert to Safety now shouldn't even be a question, and put this Bethel Kid at CB he has the measurable for sure Long arm Corners that Diaz loves.

Sprinkles in pro UM stuff, but gets one of his real agenda points through, that U is still DBU.

My troll sense went off for this guy instantly.

Trust your troll sense.

Advertisement
Back