2018 MLB Draft Thread

10 of 21 tournaments in 2018 have been lost by the home team.

But "who cares" if the road team wins a game? The home team is the better team. They are the favorite.

Advertisement
This just proves that you don't actually pay attention to anything that I post.

You just spout your narrative regardless.

As I've said numerous times, the regular season serves to seed teams and give them the best possible chance (still random) to reach the final 8. The better team (advantage) hosting (advantage) is the best route to that end.

If you're the 2-seed on the road against a national seed, you're not supposed to advance and it's an uphill climb to do so.

I now expect you to lie and/or erect a strawman.

So is one game a small sample size? And isn't a small sample size completely random? Remember to explain why the entire ACC laid an egg in 2016 even though it was the "best conference".

"Who cares" if we beat Florida to get to a final game. Road teams don't win (as nearly 50% of the tournaments are being won by a road team).

Oh, I can read. I enjoying reading your contradictions. You tried to make the point that we're a good program, and that's why people have high expectations. Then, when trying to make a different point, you said that people who had high expectations in 2017 were delusional. Therefore, we didn't have a good program. And then 2018 was even worse.

This is completely wrong and misleading.

We have a good program.

And the 2017 roster wasn't good.

Not contradictory in the least and any reasonable person can see that.

No, I didn't and you still don't know what game I'm referring to.

We would've been 2-0.

And that would have forced AT LEAST an elimination game. Learn how brackets work.

If anything, the 1-0 game is more important to win than the 2-1 game. But "who cares", right?

Advertisement
It's possible because we haven't been very good for the past decade.

But this is verifiably untrue.

Your only argument otherwise is to lie about schedule and/or conference strength (2015-16), dismiss regular season achievements (2014) or ignore unfair tournament draws (2010).

You said "who cares" if we had won in Gainesville or in Louisville against UF or Louisville. You said we would have lost anyway.

Who cares because your argument today would be the same if it was 1-8 or 2-8. I've been crystal clear about this several times yet you continue with this because you're only capable of lies and/or semantics.

I said we would've likely lost anyway.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So my point remains spot on. Beating Florida on the road matters.

I never said it didn't matter.

That's you putting words into people's mouths.

I'd always like to beat Florida.

It just wouldn't have changed your argument so stop lying and pretending that it's the crux of your analysis.

You know exactly what you screwed up. You forgot that baseball was completely random when you claimed that we would have lost the regional anyway.

No, I don't because you never said what it was. It was an obvious ploy by you to avoid admitting that you were in the wrong year and talking about the wrong game.

Washington advances to the CWS as a 3-seed: "random, small sample size"

Miami can't win the 1-0 game against Florida: "the better team would have won, so who cares?"

One of my favorite things about Jagr is his ability to whine for years (7 years now) about mediocre Miami teams not winning one Regional game one the road against a better team.

And this is the same guy who thinks that Washington and Mississippi State going to Omaha is so predictable.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So if we have a good program, people can have high expectations, right?

Yeah, but this has nothing to do with your dishonest posts from before.

People who had high expectations in 2017 don't follow the program.

I don't understand how you can think those two things are mutually exclusive.

Who cares because your argument today would be the same if it was 1-8 or 2-8. I've been crystal clear about this several times yet you continue with this because you're only capable of lies and/or semantics.

I said we would've likely lost anyway.

Impossible. Look up the definition of random. Then look up the definition of sample size. Then look up the definition of unpredictable.

You can't dismiss a decade's worth of losses as being random in small sample sizes and then act like you know what would have happened if we had taken a 2-0 lead in the Gainesville regional.

I never said it didn't matter.

That's you putting words into people's mouths.

I'd always like to beat Florida.

It just wouldn't have changed your argument so stop lying and pretending that it's the crux of your analysis.

"Who cares, we would have lost the regional anyway" = "it doesn't matter if we won that game"

One of my favorite things about Jagr is his ability to whine for years (7 years now) about mediocre Miami teams not winning one Regional game one the road against a better team.

And this is the same guy who thinks that Washington and Mississippi State going to Omaha is so predictable.

So it's possible for Washington to go to Omaha as a 3-seed because, you know, randomness, but "who cares" if we won the winner's bracket game in Gainesville since we would have lost the regional anyway.

Advertisement
Back